Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
aging_txt

rotor posted:

in about three months you'll probably feel better, hard to say tho, maybe not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

fart simpson posted:

my right wrist started hurting pretty bad this week and then it popped really loudly and hurt less? ive never been able to do that with my wrists before. anyway problem solved. worksforme wontfix.

even two to five minutes of gentle stretching before you sit down to Computer has immeasurable benefits.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Jonny 290 posted:

even two to five minutes of gentle stretching before you sit down to Computer has immeasurable benefits.
tomhanksyouvegotmail.gif

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Uptime Sinclair posted:

tomhanksyouvegotmail.gif

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

FMguru posted:

it is every amazon customers final duty to go into the tanks and become one with all the people

Ah yes, the amazon prime directive

rotor posted:

i had the plantar fascitis a while back and let me tell you:

(a) it sucks
(b) there's not a whole lot you can do about it
(c) weird arch supports and poo poo don't do a drat thing
(d) in about three months you'll probably feel better, hard to say tho, maybe not

I know everyone is different but the powerstep inserts did a lot for me, to the point where not wearing them leads to discomfort a few days later

I opted for the plus instead of the pinnacle and ended up buying the pinnacle anyways. They make my shoes fit a bit tight but if I stick to it my marble stepping foot pain goes away in the mornings

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Agile Vector posted:

Ah yes, the amazon prime directive

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

Agile Vector posted:

I know everyone is different but the powerstep inserts did a lot for me, to the point where not wearing them leads to discomfort a few days later
My custom orthotics are why I don't have knee problems anymore (and why I stopped getting foot pain when running as a child).

In the old days they'd make a mold of your foot and sculpt them, these days you just stand on a scanny machine and it tells you all about your feet/balance (like how I had 12% more weight favoring one side than the other...)

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry

ShadowHawk posted:

My custom orthotics are why I don't have knee problems anymore (and why I stopped getting foot pain when running as a child).

In the old days they'd make a mold of your foot and sculpt them, these days you just stand on a scanny machine and it tells you all about your feet/balance (like how I had 12% more weight favoring one side than the other...)

yeah ditto i got orthotics and started wearing boots that support my ankles more and my plantar stopped after a few months.

there you go rotor you are cured through the power of anecdata.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Trimson Grondag 3 posted:

yeah ditto i got orthotics and started wearing boots that support my ankles more and my plantar stopped after a few months.

there you go rotor you are cured through the power of anecdata.

I was cured by just stayin off it for a few months but thanks

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Might be going home today or probably tomorrow!

:woop:

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

ShadowHawk posted:

most of mine have been the 'step in a box full of blue styrofoam' kind

def gotta get a new set tho, current one's getting kind of old

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

ShadowHawk posted:

oh cool, I've always been skeptical of devices that appear that easy, i should definitely check one out! I know I favor my right leg and always have, it'd be great to k ow if that's causing some referred discomfort or posture problems

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

also yospos monthly health reminder time

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

check out richie rich over here with his paddles

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
i had an intellivision op

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Agile Vector posted:

they don't recommend colonoscopies until you're fifty years old now

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

prefect posted:

they don't recommend colonoscopies until you're fifty years old now

the stereotypical cured proteins and processed white starch nerd diet might warrant earlier inspection

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Cold on a Cob posted:

i had an intellivision op
T1-99/4A, here. played so much alpiner

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
TI 99: let’s make a single chip version of our minicomputer CPU along with a graphics & sprite chip

then connect it to a truly abysmal amount of main memory by a single strand of hair

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
Atari: our 2600 is fun to play but hell to program for

Texas Instruments: here, hold my beer

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
i just accidentally cracked both knuckles in my right thumb

gonna feel this for days

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Did what's probably my last scan, Tomography to confirm lack of leaks before release tomorrow. The first 70 minutes weren't bad but the last 10 minutes was a lot of wooshy-swooshy with 4 tons of metal 25cm from my hed. Never been the slightest bit claustrophobic but I now understand how people can freak the gently caress out with MRIs. :cripes:

I also for the first time really "get" what an artificial horizon is.

99% chance I'm home tomorrow night.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Agile Vector posted:

Pfft, four switcher? Get the gently caress out of here. Six switch or die

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

eschaton posted:

TI 99: let’s make a single chip version of our minicomputer CPU along with a graphics & sprite chip

then connect it to a truly abysmal amount of main memory by a single strand of hair

I read the data sheet for the tms9900 one day and went :stare: this went into a microcomputer with 256 bytes of memory what the actual gently caress

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Uptime Sinclair posted:

T1-99/4A, here. played so much alpiner

same except adventure and blasto and car wars

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Schadenboner posted:

Did what's probably my last scan, Tomography to confirm lack of leaks before release tomorrow. The first 70 minutes weren't bad but the last 10 minutes was a lot of wooshy-swooshy with 4 tons of metal 25cm from my hed. Never been the slightest bit claustrophobic but I now understand how people can freak the gently caress out with MRIs. :cripes:

I also for the first time really "get" what an artificial horizon is.

99% chance I'm home tomorrow night.
we’ve been telling you to calibrate your attitude indicator for years, schade

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

in all grey seriousness glad you came out of this one intact, schade

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

minivanmegafun posted:

I read the data sheet for the tms9900 one day and went :stare: this went into a microcomputer with 256 bytes of memory what the actual gently caress

hey there was 16KB of RAM, it was just on the other side of a really slow bus from the 256-byte workspace

the TMS9900 was basically a 16-bit RISC CPU hamstrung in almost every possible way for no particularly good reason

like on top of the RAM and bandwidth problem, much of TI’s software was written atop a bytecode engine rather than directly for the CPU

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

yo TI 99 pals:fyadride:

Tunnels of Doom is the best dungen crawler/rpg of the era. it’s the game that forced 10yo axolotl farmer to learn English.

I had a weird vocabulary since it was mostly about monsters and medieval weaponry.

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

axolotl farmer posted:

I had a weird vocabulary since it was mostly about monsters and medieval weaponry.

the road to yospos

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

rotor posted:

check out richie rich over here with his paddles

didnt the 2600 come with paddles

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

fritz posted:

iirc the initial release did then they later sold a cheaper one without

kind of like how the original nes had the light gun and robot

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

fritz posted:

none of my friends had them so i assume no

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

qirex posted:

iirc the initial release did then they later sold a cheaper one without

kind of like how the original nes had the light gun and robot

the original nes came with the robot? i remember the light gun (and i'm pretty sure the paddles came with my atari 2600), but i had no idea the robot was generally bundled like that

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

i turn my monitors off when i leave work, and i suspect that means i'm old and lame

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

prefect posted:

the original nes came with the robot? i remember the light gun (and i'm pretty sure the paddles came with my atari 2600), but i had no idea the robot was generally bundled like that

iirc they did it to make it more of a "toy" since national retailers were gun shy about video games after the atari crash

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

real sysops run for president on a platform of the most milquetoast liberal bullshit

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Jonny 290 posted:

literally 2 minutes to launch from first sip, yep.

but enough about Skype for Business

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

rotor posted:

i had the plantar fascitis a while back and let me tell you:

(a) it sucks
(b) there's not a whole lot you can do about it
(c) weird arch supports and poo poo don't do a drat thing
(d) in about three months you'll probably feel better, hard to say tho, maybe not

My heels get sore first thing in the morning and anytime I spend more than 30 mins with my feet up. After walking on them a bit they feel fine. Is that what you had?