Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Suspect Bucket posted:

Are you wanting to take it off road very far, or just park it off a dirt road? Most trailers won't go much further off road then you'd take a stock Honda Civic. I take it you want 2 separate beds. What kind of budget are you looking at? A pop-up with a full bath would do you just fine. As for wear and tear while sitting, it's no big deal, just cover it with a tarp if you're worried.

Would something like this MicroMinnie work for you? It's got bunks, it's 21 feet long, and it has a full bathroom. https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/2018-Winnebago-MICRO-MINNIE-2100BH-5008835665

I'm going to be driving and parking it where the work is. I do bridges, heavy trail construction items, trail construction, but also lighter maintenance. Sometimes I'm sure I'll be using commercial campgrounds, but mostly it'll be on forest roads, sometimes behind a locked gate. Something around that Microminnie size is on the smaller size of side of what I was looking at but yeah that'll totally work. I've just seen a million different brands and don't know anything about any of them. I wasn't sure if there was anything to differentiate them at all.

As for the generator, I have an EU2200 and an EU2000 that I daisy chain together when I have to run a welder. I was just hoping to run everything off one and not run both or have to buy one of the 3k watt ones that are quite a bit louder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

thatguy posted:

I'm going to be driving and parking it where the work is. I do bridges, heavy trail construction items, trail construction, but also lighter maintenance. Sometimes I'm sure I'll be using commercial campgrounds, but mostly it'll be on forest roads, sometimes behind a locked gate. Something around that Microminnie size is on the smaller size of side of what I was looking at but yeah that'll totally work. I've just seen a million different brands and don't know anything about any of them. I wasn't sure if there was anything to differentiate them at all.

As for the generator, I have an EU2200 and an EU2000 that I daisy chain together when I have to run a welder. I was just hoping to run everything off one and not run both or have to buy one of the 3k watt ones that are quite a bit louder

Well, most (80%) travel trailers come from the Goshen Indiana area. Many of the people that build them are Amish. There are a few different factories (jayco, keystone, forest river, coachman etc etc) but what you get for your $20-30k is roughly equivalent across all brands. Your not going to hit the limit of your truck with a travel trailer so personally I would go with something like a 28’ bunk house. I like the manufacturer grand design because they at least inspect them before they ship them out.

If you want better you can get an airstream but they cost 3x what a fiberglass trailer costs.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

rdb posted:

Well, most (80%) travel trailers come from the Goshen Indiana area. Many of the people that build them are Amish. There are a few different factories (jayco, keystone, forest river, coachman etc etc) but what you get for your $20-30k is roughly equivalent across all brands. Your not going to hit the limit of your truck with a travel trailer so personally I would go with something like a 28’ bunk house. I like the manufacturer grand design because they at least inspect them before they ship them out.

If you want better you can get an airstream but they cost 3x what a fiberglass trailer costs.

You mean a normal trailer. A fiberglass trailer is something like a Scamp or Oliver, which are like bombproof tubs.

All that really carries between trailer makers is layouts and warantees.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
I worked for a composite panel manufacturer that supplies rv parts for a few years. I managed one of their plants although it wasn’t goshen. There is a lot of fiberglass in your average mid range camper, although I see your point about the fiberglass tub camper being its own class.

There is this newer thing called Azdel which is all composite too, it just comes as panels rather than molded.

rdb fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Aug 22, 2019

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

rdb posted:

I worked for a composite panel manufacturer that supplies rv parts for a few years. I managed one of their plants although it wasn’t goshen. There is a lot of fiberglass in your average mid range camper, although I see your point about the fiberglass tub camper being its own class.

There is this newer thing called Azdel which is all composite too, it just comes as panels rather than molded.

Oh neat. And yeah, I know trailers do have a good bit of fiberglass components, but they've made of a surprising amount of unsealed wood. Part of why old ones can be so hard to salvage, they just rot away.

But yeah, wrt trailers, you can totally get a longer one in a bunkhouse layout. Or, get one with a queen bed and a couch that converts to a full bed. Throw a foam roll on top and it's perfectly comfortable. Dinettes also convert into a bed, but those are slightly more annoying to set up on a daily basis. Pretty much every modern trailer with at least a couch and dinette will give you two convertible bed options. Just cruise RVTrader in the under 30ft filter, see what's around.

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Aug 22, 2019

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Just wanted to update, as my Hi Ace camper was being loaded or unloaded it sprung a massive coolant leak and started overheating. It can not be at port or on boat pissing fluids. It has been towed to the mechanic in Japan. I do not know what it is or if it will be an easy fix or expensive. Whatever it is it just cost me a whole lot more money.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

everdave posted:

Just wanted to update, as my Hi Ace camper was being loaded or unloaded it sprung a massive coolant leak and started overheating. It can not be at port or on boat pissing fluids. It has been towed to the mechanic in Japan. I do not know what it is or if it will be an easy fix or expensive. Whatever it is it just cost me a whole lot more money.

Nooooooooooooooooo

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

everdave posted:

That really sucks dude. Here's hoping it can be resolved for not too much money.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
That sucks Dave, heres to hoping its just a busted hose.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Thanks all, hoping it’s a hose too but I’m already looking at a massive transport bill for ferrying it back and forth (about $975 extra so far). Trying to keep positive attitude and hope this is for the best, going to have mechanic go through everything while it’s at the shop.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

everdave posted:

Thanks all, hoping it’s a hose too but I’m already looking at a massive transport bill for ferrying it back and forth (about $975 extra so far). Trying to keep positive attitude and hope this is for the best, going to have mechanic go through everything while it’s at the shop.

Dannng. While the mechanic's in there, ask what the power hook-up situation is. Do you speak Japanese, or go through a translator? Because it might be easier to get stuff like a roof AC or a voltage converter while it's still in Japan.

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Aug 28, 2019

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
No Japanese for me, I doubt I can get any extra things done but I will ask once it is there and I get a better idea of what is going on.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Suspect Bucket posted:

You mean a normal trailer. A fiberglass trailer is something like a Scamp or Oliver, which are like bombproof tubs.

All that really carries between trailer makers is layouts and warantees.

EXCUSE ME SIR, BUTT AKCHULLY ITS SPELLED "SKAMPER"
(And yes, they are fiberglass, or at least my 77 Dodge is, as I discovered much to my chagrin when I unpacked all my fridge magnets from my old apt and they don't stick to the camper exterior)

Yes, it's bimonthly laundry day, or That Day JD Has Internet. Thanks for the replies to my Poopatorium quandary! Usually I pee outside and poop in the farmhouse when I can, but there's been times when nature calls me but I don't want to answer that call in nature. The Skamper has an indoor loo, and thanks to whoever suggested those Tide Pod-like thingies. I think the brand we got is Bio-Lite, Bio-life, something like that? Got em at Wal-Fart. Smells alpine fresh just like the box promised, and when I drain the tank it's nothing but green water, no paper or, um, solids. A+ recommended for all your stank tank needs.

Even though it's August (well, for the next day) it's starting to get chilly up in the mountains at night. One thing that's been a help is a little college-fridge-cube-sized dehumidifier we already owned for our old garage. Not only does it suck the clammy dampness out, but it puts off a little heat. Plus you can use the reclaimed water to flush the shitter! Bonus!

Everdave, hope yr RV works out! I know (and hate) that Crippled Vehicle Feeling. The Space Van is way out of inspection (anyone know how to fix a seatbelt assembly on a '90 Chevy cargo van?) so I'm a nervous wreck anytime we take her into town. Or even in the country, since the van does attract attention, and the state troopers are probably bored as hell and eager to net something.

Laundry's done; about to head to the library to suck their wifi teat and AC until my man gets off work at 4. Love ya, RV goons! Thx for listening, it does get a little lonely when your audience is chickens and barn cats, hence the novella length posts.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Tell us everything, JD. We love ya.

A Skamper and a Scamp are different things though. Both awesome and cool! Skamper was originally a company that made pop-ups, they were aquired by AMF and later Thor. They ended up being a badge that made a little bit of everything, including RV shells on the Dodge chassis!
http://www.popupcamperhistory.com/skamper.php
https://youtu.be/t2hxtXLQSOM

Scamp is a Canadian company that makes fully fiberglass small trailers. They aquired the molds from an early RV pioneer called Boler, that unfortunate;y buckled in the 70s. Scamp bought the fiberglass molds and focused on a smaller market, and only made one 13ft trailer with very little variation, for about 40 years.
https://www.rvt.com/blog/rv-lifestyle/the-little-trailer-with-the-big-history/

They are stupid similar names though. RVs are confusing.

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Aug 31, 2019

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
I'm looking to sell my parent's RV. Having literally never sold a car before, where so I even begin for something like this? If I use Craigs List, how do I actually go about making sure everything is kosher before handing over keys? Do I let people test drive? Halp

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

First off: I stand corrected, Suspect! You out "well actually"-ed me with a far better "well actually". Well done! That would definitely explain my consternation in trying to google up just what model my gal is.

Second: am I the only one browsing the forums from a campsite and have the issue that my tablet is the brightest thing for miles so get the gently caress off my screen you loving moths seriously I have to go back over
A jillion autocorrects

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

I'm looking to sell my parent's RV. Having literally never sold a car before, where so I even begin for something like this? If I use Craigs List, how do I actually go about making sure everything is kosher before handing over keys? Do I let people test drive? Halp

Me and my man have been window shopping other rvs in the area, and the biggest selling point seems to be: does it leak? Everyone either says "roof just replaced, no leaks" or "needs some patching, has leaks". When I dug thru the glove compartment of our Skamper, I found old invoices saying she had something upwards of $2000 of patching done a few years ago.

That said, can you tell us what year/make/model you got? We just, as I said, window shop FB marketplace to see what various trailers/rvs are around here and it's given a (loving moth get off my screen)
good idea of what our (Jesus Christ I don't want to smack you) baby is worth (okay I give up now there's three of them)

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

RV buying and selling is a shitshow x.x I would honestly avoid Craigslist unless it's a sub 5k rig, and go buy a listing on RVTrader. Dad bucket had lots of luck with that.

Give it a good clean, and put a fresh sheet on the bed, maybe a throw pillow, make it look approachable. Make it look nice. AIR IT OUT. MAKE IT SMELL NICE. Damprid is your friend. Take lots of good photos of the interior, all the storage, the engine and generator (if applicable), the bathroom, the appliances, and the furnishings. If it has slides, take pictures of the spaces expanded and contracted. Pictures are good.

Test drives are fine, but just around the block. Ride with them.

What kind of rig are your parents selling? Post pics

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I have not sold a RV, but I look at lots because I look at cars all day online.

First thing that drives me crazy is CLEAN THE F'IN thing out. I can not tell you how disgusting and nasty it is to see RV's with unmade beds, toiletries all over the sink and bathroom, and just general mess everywhere. It seriously drives me insane seeing how people list this stuff. First I wouldn't want to walk into the place much less come look at it to buy it.

If you clean it, make it look minimal and nice, and actually ya know wash it and spiff it up you are going to be ahead of the game.

I would list on FB marketplace, it is free and why not. Then for RV specific I don't know. I have been listing on eBay but now that I have listed so many I have to pay $50 a pop per week to list a vehicle there so I am desperately searching for other places to list my imports.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Suspect Bucket posted:

RV buying and selling is a shitshow x.x I would honestly avoid Craigslist unless it's a sub 5k rig, and go buy a listing on RVTrader. Dad bucket had lots of luck with that.

Give it a good clean, and put a fresh sheet on the bed, maybe a throw pillow, make it look approachable. Make it look nice. AIR IT OUT. MAKE IT SMELL NICE. Damprid is your friend. Take lots of good photos of the interior, all the storage, the engine and generator (if applicable), the bathroom, the appliances, and the furnishings. If it has slides, take pictures of the spaces expanded and contracted. Pictures are good.

Test drives are fine, but just around the block. Ride with them.

What kind of rig are your parents selling? Post pics

Seconding this.
Getting the shitters full experience on a walk through is pretty off-putting. Extra photos like the roof to show the world the EPDM layer isn't hosed. Tires with date codes, the UVW certificate.

Make drat sure they know how to drive whatever vehicle it is you're selling. The hilarity of selling a 15 speed manual bus when people never drove stick before, "but I'll figure it out!" haha. no.

Craigslist sucks. Facebook marketplace killed it, then itself imploded. Try RVTrader.
I've been browsing CL casually for a RV. Ad after ad has had barely any information, much less decent photos of the vehicle.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

cursedshitbox posted:

I've been browsing CL casually for a RV. Ad after ad has had barely any information, much less decent photos of the vehicle.

Or it's a scam. Suspiciously cheap and the description reads like a low level AI trained on newspaper classifieds and dealership handouts. Microwave/convection oven Deluxe sound system Dvd/Vcr - $25000 Meanwhile it's showing pics for a 125k luxury rv. Who falls for this poo poo?

Also, who still needs a VCR in this day and age?

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Sep 6, 2019

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Status update: camping

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Thanks all. Some details are as follows:

1998 Allegro Bus - Diesel
37.5'
Side Entrance
One slide out
80,000 miles
Tow & Brake package (including brake lights) to tow a car behind.

We've removed all of my parents' junk from it. We still need to deep clean the inside. There are no roof leaks. Tires and engine are in good shape. There is an issue with the Accessories electrical. My dad thinks it's either dead batteries or he has to look at behind the dash (maybe a mouse chewed a wire or something.) It also has newer TVs, with custom mounts that he made (he's a woodworker.) Oh, and also the side mirror was busted off while in storage. So he's ordered a new one, he says it just bolts on np. And it needed a new alternator from sitting in storage for 2 years, but that's fixed. Runs great now, he drove it about 50 miles to my house. (With no mirror. Because dad.)

When I plugged this information into NADA, it showed me it was worth about $21500, not including the tow package (no place to include that.) The tow package was like $2-3k, so I'm really hoping to just sell this for $20k flat and walk away from it.

My wife wants to give it to a dealership to sell it on consignment. Is this a good/bad idea?

(Also I'm north of Boston if any of you goons actually, like, want to buy it.)

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
My only advice would be to fix everything you can within reason where it is ready to turn the key and go.

I have no clue or experience with selling on consignment, don;t know if it is a scam or what others could chime in.

You are not getting anywhere near your price if you list it with having any issues, it needs to be sparkling clean with everything working reay to get in and drive to the grand canyon tomorrow is the best advice I can offer.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

everdave posted:

You are not getting anywhere near your price if you list it with having any issues, it needs to be sparkling clean with everything working reay to get in and drive to the grand canyon tomorrow is the best advice I can offer.

seconding this. What engine? trans? Was it maintained? with records? how're the tires?

Diesel is a huge selling point, but it can be a double edged sword if it has been neglected.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Status update: done camping, desperately want a pop up. I love my truck camper, but it's getting hard to get in and out of with my back. Perhaps for my birthday next year.....

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Just to keeps thread rolling along, asked for update on my camper in Japan and my guy said the mechanic is still trying to figure it out. Not what I wanted to hear. There have been 5-6 great campers come up since over bought this one but fingers crossed this still works out to be the one and I haven’t lost my rear end on this

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

everdave posted:

Just to keeps thread rolling along, asked for update on my camper in Japan and my guy said the mechanic is still trying to figure it out. Not what I wanted to hear. There have been 5-6 great campers come up since over bought this one but fingers crossed this still works out to be the one and I haven’t lost my rear end on this

What an absolute kick in the nads. That blows x.x

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
A nice article on a vintage truck camper restoration. Absolutely beautiful Avion camper. I love these old hulls.

http://www.truckcamperadventure.com/couple-converts-vintage-camper-into-overland-home/

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
My Hi-Ace camper is undergoing repairs in Japan, all in it's going to be about 310k yen for extra transport and repair so about $3k). A real punch in the gut. Hopefully this will still all work out and my RV dreams will be realized.

Edit: also anyone who might be interested I really like this youtube channel Kombi Life, their most recent series is picking a classic VW to restore for a trip around the world (this one got sponsored so they got a lot of work for free, it is still in the build out phase). They have a south america and Alaska series but I haven't watched those. I do recommend this latest one I have enjoyed it.

everdave fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Sep 24, 2019

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

everdave posted:

My Hi-Ace camper is undergoing repairs in Japan, all in it's going to be about 310k yen for extra transport and repair so about $3k). A real punch in the gut. Hopefully this will still all work out and my RV dreams will be realized.

Edit: also anyone who might be interested I really like this youtube channel Kombi Life, their most recent series is picking a classic VW to restore for a trip around the world (this one got sponsored so they got a lot of work for free, it is still in the build out phase). They have a south america and Alaska series but I haven't watched those. I do recommend this latest one I have enjoyed it.

Uuuggh, what an utter shot to the guts. I feel for you. Did you at least get an answer on the electrical?

I added Kombi Life to the OP for channel reccos

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Sep 25, 2019

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
TBH I haven’t even dipped into thinking about the electrical side of things yet

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
This Toyota Coaster RV is up tonight https://auc.japancardirect.com/aj-2Ej2AXvhmixGvFr.htm and you could probably have it in your driveway for $15-18k. Toyota build quality and it is enormous. I'd be a bidder if I could. Starts at almost $10k. Just got too many cars on the way. I've been thinking I should have waited on a Coaster hope my Hi Ace still works out.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Dave

https://jalopnik.com/someone-is-parking-a-treasure-trove-of-jdm-vans-under-a-1838748722

What are you doing over there

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
What in the what? That is a treasure trove just glancing I see some great stuff. Wow would love to know the story. I have a 4wd Toyota van arriving this weekend but I’ll be out of town for 2 weeks. Will post a pic.

My camper is “done” or at least as done as they say they can do. Repairs have climbed to $4k US and I’m still going to have issues when it gets here. Such as none of the appliances are working, and there is a rattle in the steering column, and turn signals/brake lights are acting up. This one has me stressed to the max and way over budget of what I thought was a cheap low mile perfect camper.

Here is my Lite Ace “Field Tourer” manual diesel 4wd arriving to port tomorrow:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

everdave posted:

My camper is “done” or at least as done as they say they can do. Repairs have climbed to $4k US and I’m still going to have issues when it gets here. Such as none of the appliances are working, and there is a rattle in the steering column, and turn signals/brake lights are acting up. This one has me stressed to the max and way over budget of what I thought was a cheap low mile perfect camper.

drat buddy. What an absolute kick in the teeth. That blows mega hard. I hate to be the one to pose the question, but is it still worth it to you? Tumbleweeding RV problems are a leading cause of people getting out of the hobby. Especially as a new RVer.

We're here for moral support if you need it.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
As of right now I wish I could snap my fingers and never have bought this one. I’m going to be 11-12k in this by the time it’s here and it’s not going to be sorted. I originally won for $3k plus $3k transport. If I could turn back time I’d have spent the 10-12k up front on a giant luxury Toyota coaster motorhome. Will just have to wait and see when it gets here if it’s for me or I can try to sell to recoup costs or what. I just don’t know right now. Trying to stay positive.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Don’t know how my camper will work out but I sure hope it does in the end. I’m on vacation and checked out this state park that I’ve been eyeing at camping at when I DO have an RV. Check this spot. $30 a night ocean on one side of park lake on other. Full power hookup, water and dump station, fire pit, everything.

Literally one mile from this park a week in high season is $2k-5k for a house or condo.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

everdave posted:

Don’t know how my camper will work out but I sure hope it does in the end. I’m on vacation and checked out this state park that I’ve been eyeing at camping at when I DO have an RV. Check this spot. $30 a night ocean on one side of park lake on other. Full power hookup, water and dump station, fire pit, everything.

Literally one mile from this park a week in high season is $2k-5k for a house or condo.

Woooooaah, good deal. West coast has all the good sites. I've only camped the east coast, and it's not uncommon for RV camping in popular areas to be 60-90 bucks a night for basic water/electric

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Suspect Bucket posted:

Woooooaah, good deal. West coast has all the good sites. I've only camped the east coast, and it's not uncommon for RV camping in popular areas to be 60-90 bucks a night for basic water/electric

I’m actually east coast but this is a state park so probably keeps prices down. I’ve seen ocean close RV camps 75-100 or more privately advertised

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

I realized I had forgotten to update this thread as I have been posting to my build thread but just a few pics to say that car camping is neat and it can take you some pretty great places.

Poop in a bucket. Camp in the woods.