Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

*referee calls both captains over*

so now you're going to just do league scrums...

wow, now the try is called back? ref keeping himself busy tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

I love to rag on Wayne Barnes but I think he's been pretty good today.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
What a lovely try

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Aramoro posted:

I love to rag on Wayne Barnes but I think he's been pretty good today.

Yeah, good communication.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Clownball!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Rip Kolbe, died unnecessarily styling on the Italians.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

What a pile of poo poo from the Italians.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
I am getting worried about Japan's chances. I realised that if they lose against Scotland and Scotland gets a BP, Japan might again miss out on the quarter finals despite winning three out of four matches. And before that they still need to win vs. Samoa this weekend which is doable but might not be that easy.

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

BabyFur Denny posted:

I am getting worried about Japan's chances. I realised that if they lose against Scotland and Scotland gets a BP, Japan might again miss out on the quarter finals despite winning three out of four matches. And before that they still need to win vs. Samoa this weekend which is doable but might not be that easy.

Seeing how Samoa’s doing they should walk all over them, but we’ll see

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008
I think they’ll take them both down.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
It is a rather strange quirk that Ireland are comfortably through while the unbeaten Japanese team, who defeated Ireland, are in a quite precarious position. Ireland kicking the ball out rather than trying to equalise to ensure the bonus point in the loss to Japan looks like a smart move now as it essentially guarantees progress (although even without it they would just need a bonus point win against Samoa to ensure qualification).

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

BabyFur Denny posted:

Samoa has been playing pretty poorly, I think Japan could be in for a bonus point either way. The Scotland game will be a complete crapshoot.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:
Scotland will either get completely pumped by Japan or will remember they're the team that spent 80 minutes in 2018 and the second half of 2019 6 Nations styling on England and stick 50 points on them.

It's an absolute mess and it gives me the fear.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

Vaders Jester posted:

Scotland will either get completely pumped by Japan or will remember they're the team that spent 80 minutes in 2018 and the second half of 2019 6 Nations styling on England and stick 50 points on them.

It's an absolute mess and it gives me the fear.

I think one advantage on Japan's side over the last world cup is that they have a longer resting period before that final game. Scotland on the other hand only has four days though they're 'only' playing Russia.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:

BabyFur Denny posted:

I think one advantage on Japan's side over the last world cup is that they have a longer resting period before that final game. Scotland on the other hand only has four days though they're 'only' playing Russia.

Japan's endurance and ability to play at pace until the 80th minute is a huge advantage. If Scotland don't put some daylight between them and Japan early then it could get very tasty towards the end.

Ireland have been utter shite apart from the Scotland game, we're slaves to Sexton and since he's a brittle prissy bitch that isnt a great way to be. Still hopeful we see 2018 form in the knockouts but it's looking less and less likely with each game played.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:

BabyFur Denny posted:

Yeah, I expect to see the reserves getting their first game against Russia (Toolis, Horne sr., etc.) and Wilson/Barclay etc. to start to try to rest the guys that will make the Japan game. It'll be tight though. Japan with 8 days rest, assuming they beat Samoa without injuries, will be a tough opponent. Scotland absolutely NEED Finn Russell to go full :catdrugs: to make sure Japan can't cope with "organised chaos".

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

Wow Paddy Power has odds exactly even for Scotland-Japan. Hard to argue.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
Japan are better placed to make it through, sitting on 9 points so far, with 2 games in hand. They have a +27PD, to Scotland's +10. If they get a bonus point win over Samoa, all they need is a draw, or a loss within 7, with 4 tries scored to get through. The magic number for them is 16 basically to qualify into the quarters. Ireland are probably safe on the back of a +52PD. Whomever comes first gets to then play South Africa, and second place heads directly towards a showdown with the All Blacks.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Can you get a try bonus point if you lose?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Mister Chief posted:

Can you get a try bonus point if you lose?

Yep. As long as you've scored 4+ tries, that's a bonus point regardless of the final outcome of the game.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
Australians employing the Butch James school of tackling.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

This Wallabies performance is just really, really poo poo. Undisciplined and completely lacking is any sort of attacking nous.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

gently caress yes!

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Vagabundo posted:

This Wallabies performance is just really, really poo poo. Undisciplined and completely lacking is any sort of attacking nous.

The only reason they've scored is due to that kid with the speed. He is legit Good with a capital G.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

What the actual gently caress??? gently caress off.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

That is a shocking call.

Jedimastafez
Jun 5, 2005

The Stanley Cup has been kidnapped by Gary Bettman! Are you a bad enough dude to rescue it?
gently caress yes Uruguay!

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

"Australian indigenous people within Australia".

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

EAT THE EGGS SMASHMOUTH

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Hot drat it’s the time we’ve all been waiting for! Normally it has to be shoehorned in by whoever is doing commentary no matter who the match really involves but now, NOW finally the lawyers and accountants and round red men of the shires can get together and remember their far off youths whilst shouting boorishly about how no one really understands them...

“And now let’s talk about England”

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
(I am about to watch the rest of today’s matches in a London pub so I’m psyching myself up to deal with it)

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Interesting start here

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Some lovely handbags here

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
drat. That's probably going to ruin the game, but I can't see a reason not to.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Yeah that is 100% a red.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

fallingdownjoe posted:

(I am about to watch the rest of today’s matches in a London pub so I’m psyching myself up to deal with it)

you get a way more mixed crowd in london pubs, it's the lovely provincial wetherspoons that's always full of dickheads

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Stone cold red that, he leaned in hard with the shoulder to the head.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

That could be red too?

Jedimastafez
Jun 5, 2005

The Stanley Cup has been kidnapped by Gary Bettman! Are you a bad enough dude to rescue it?
Aw dammit I wanted back to back cards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

The Rabbi T. White posted:

Yeah that is 100% a red.

Ironic that two people have been sent off for bad tackles on Owen Farrell