Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Gravy Jones posted:

I just checked and they've had three negative Brie Larson stories in the last week :lol: so yeah.

I don't remember what it was off the top of my head but some other chud site came up in my news feed and was trying to push a narrative about Marvel/Disney execs hate Brie Larson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I saw one on YouTube and 90% of what I watch there is automotive content.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I hate Cyberfrog's design, and that's not just my dislike of EVS talking. I just find it to be an unpleasant mess of a design. "Overdesigned" is a word that comes to mind. I feel like there's way too much happening with it.

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

That is likely because it is overdesigned and there is too much happening with it.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Viridiant posted:

I hate Cyberfrog's design, and that's not just my dislike of EVS talking. I just find it to be an unpleasant mess of a design. "Overdesigned" is a word that comes to mind. I feel like there's way too much happening with it.

Cyberfrog looks like if some CHUD became really fixated on the enemies from Bucky O’Hare. Righteous Indignation is the proper response to EVS’s Cyberfrog campaign, so another point for the green rabbit.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

that's also the variant cover if i am reading correctly and not just interior art. way too much going on

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
The coloring is...gross. I don't know enough about art or color theory to properly express why, but even if the art was actually good, every single page I've seen of this thing is visually repulsive.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

poly and open-minded posted:

that's also the variant cover if i am reading correctly and not just interior art. way too much going on

:lol: I hadn't realized the big guy with cartoonish tiny legs was holding a wasp.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Gravy Jones posted:

I just checked and they've had three negative Brie Larson stories in the last week :lol: so yeah.

Larson really is just an outrage mine they can wheel their cart into now and then, isn't she?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Dawgstar posted:

Larson really is just an outrage mine they can wheel their cart into now and then, isn't she?

I love how she just leans into it.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Dawgstar posted:

Any woman that says "patriarchy bad" is a target for them. You can also switch patriarchy for rape, domestic abuse, overly sexy costumes, etc

See also: Anita Sarkessian.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Dawgstar posted:

"What was also odd was the inclusion of Bill Clinton's speech about Monica Lewinsky, which felt completely out of place. I do get where Ethan Van Sciver is coming from (I watch his YouTube channel), but the inclusion of Clinton felt really, really forced."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQ28FcRePAo

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Open Marriage Night posted:

Cyberfrog looks like if some CHUD became really fixated on the enemies from Bucky O’Hare. Righteous Indignation is the proper response to EVS’s Cyberfrog campaign, so another point for the green rabbit.

You said Bucky...?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Are we doing a joke?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I was hoping!

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Kurtofan posted:

I didn't expect the comicsgate character to be fighting wasps

I think this joke got missed and I think everyone should look at it again.

Dreqqus
Feb 21, 2013

BAMF!
Omg you're right it whooshed me the first time I saw it. Great job Kurtofan

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Gavok posted:

You said Bucky...?

The singer’s RIGHTEOUSLY INDIGNANT response to that is funny.

I SAID Bucky!

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
https://twitter.com/SharonFGrigsby/status/1180165206560985090

I know, I'm shocked too

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

This means we can legally call him a piece of poo poo, right?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

IUG posted:

This means we can legally call him a piece of poo poo, right?

I believe that under the letter of the law we are required to.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

I think this settles the true basis of this case; is Vic a literal piece of human excrement and the courts seem to have enthusiastically said "YES!"

I feel bad for the poor city clerks who know need to change mountains of paperwork to reflect this existential change.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The anime avatars are of course not admitting defeat even though they were defeated 17 times in a row.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Rhyno posted:

I believe that under the letter of the law we are required to.

You didn't read the ruling, he's legally required to change his name to Piece Of poo poo.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/renfamous/status/1180926686050885634

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Was he banned from NYCC or something?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

SoftNum posted:

Was he banned from NYCC or something?

No. He was there, apparently giving Robotoad to all and sundry industry pros. EVS claims he made Mark Waid run away from him, but that would have been hard to do with Waid sitting behind the Humanoids booth. Ethan did send one of his little minions to take a picture with Waid, but because the guy was wearing a crappy mask not unlike TUG Waid didn't know who it was (he probably wouldn't have known without the mask, but of course CG fears doxxing) this is a 'win' of some sort.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Disney's removing Rose from Star Wars merch and even worse, they're doing it from stuff they previously promo'd with her on it.

https://twitter.com/JennyENicholson/status/1180209933154840576
https://twitter.com/JennyENicholson/status/1180216378281717760
https://twitter.com/JennyENicholson/status/1180413188761780225

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
Disney? Kowtowing to CHUD's? Surely you jest!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The James Gunn situation was totally different, though. While it is true that Cernovich's complaint was totally not in good faith, the tweets at the center of it were legitimate. KMT hasn't done anything remotely wrong that might cause them to write her out.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.
Crap, I saw an article on that in my ads somewhere and just assumed it was CHUDs lying about something (see, she only has one action figure), but if it's for real, that's the worst.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

joehonkie posted:

Crap, I saw an article on that in my ads somewhere and just assumed it was CHUDs lying about something (see, she only has one action figure), but if it's for real, that's the worst.

I'm pretty sure the random guy that Luke bumps into in that bar in Tatooine has more action figures than that.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Can someone explain the Rose stuff please?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rhyno posted:

She's a woman and not white so obviously she's completely ruining the movies.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Alhazred posted:

I'm pretty sure the random guy that Luke bumps into in that bar in Tatooine has more action figures than that.

Of course he does, he has a death sentence in 12 systems.

Rhyno posted:

Promo images for SW merch (via reveal livestreams, leaked info, the artist posting their work, multiple sources) had Rose in group shots or solo (like the Rebel shirt). The actual merch is missing her.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Rose is the character the chide focused on for their Last Jedi anger. Think JarJar hatred with even more racism/sexism.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Oh gently caress! Kelly Tran! I feel so dumb!

What in the absolute gently caress are they thinking?

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Rhyno posted:

What in the absolute gently caress are they thinking?

That their short term net profit would increase by removing her?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Internet essayist Lindsay Ellis talked in her last video or so about Disney's performative wokeness and, well...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

TROS has so much heavy lifting to do, now a spotlight character could just fade into away / into the background?

Can I campaign for a KMT cut if Disney has the gall to actually sideline her?