Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
I was hoping it was one of the ZUNart garage kits cuz I love those so much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

El Burbo posted:

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail?gcode=FIGURE-053047

Possibly the highest quality touhou figure yet

I'm a guy who hides his power level, but I gotta admit that if I ever reveal it, it'll be with this.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

El Burbo posted:

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail?gcode=FIGURE-053047

Possibly the highest quality touhou figure yet
Finally, someone who knows how to spell "Kokoro Hatano" correctly.

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
Touhou Cannonball Patchouli: *plays up the weak, frail girl shtick to coax Sakuya into helping her find an escaped mandrake*

Also Touhou Cannonball Patchouli: "I've walked all of 5 minutes and I'm tired. Let's just burn down the trees around Misty Lake to flush it out."

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

"die properly"
For actual canon content, Tasofro just announced a demo for the next game: Touhou 17.5 - Strange Tale of Greed ~ Submerged Hell. Seems to be a side-scrolling game about water.

http://www.tasofro.net/touhou175/index.html

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

:krakentoot:
Finally, a game where Wakasagihime is the real villain

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

That's right! I'm the counting sheep, Meeko. And I'm a proper sheep youkai!

I don't think it's about water per se - given the terms used to describe it (difficult to remove, can't be used as water, odor), I think it's crude oil. Which sure is uh, sure is a thing to put into touhou mythos if so.

Touhou 17.5: The kappa commit environmental crimes.

e: Plus the title being about greed.

Meeko fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Oct 4, 2019

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

nyttyn posted:

I don't think it's about water per se - given the terms used to describe it (difficult to remove, can't be used as water, odor), I think it's crude oil. Which sure is uh, sure is a thing to put into touhou mythos if so.

Touhou 17.5: The kappa commit environmental crimes.

e: Plus the title being about greed.
The main antagonist of their last game was Capitalism; the next one is Big Oil. Checks out.

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

"die properly"

nyttyn posted:

Plus the title being about greed.
I googled 剛欲 and this page was the first entry: https://kotobank.jp/word/%E5%BC%B7%E6%AC%B2%E3%83%BB%E5%BC%B7%E6%85%BE%E3%83%BB%E5%89%9B%E6%AC%B2-2036818

Just seems like fancy alternative kanji, which ZUN is a big fan of, for 強欲.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

leather fedora posted:

I googled 剛欲 and this page was the first entry: https://kotobank.jp/word/%E5%BC%B7%E6%AC%B2%E3%83%BB%E5%BC%B7%E6%85%BE%E3%83%BB%E5%89%9B%E6%AC%B2-2036818

Just seems like fancy alternative kanji, which ZUN is a big fan of, for 強欲.

Please take this very big disclaimer: I am definitely nowhere near a expert so I have to go off of a hodgepodge combination of what I can piece together myself and what other, People With Actual Good Knowledge Of Japanese put out.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Google translate gave me this out of the story section:

quote:

Black water was blowing out on the ground. The water gave off a strange odor and couldn't be easily removed when it touched the body. It was not a substitute that could be used as water for daily life.

What sees the black water as evil, sees as good, sees as sacred, sees as evil, sees as natural disaster, sees as economic glory, various speculations, some Then it became a fuss.

However, at a certain event, the back of what was floating will be frozen. In spring water for drinking, in a beautiful clear stream, in a hot spring that is a place of relaxation ... Black water began to spring out regardless of location.

So yeah they struck oil in Gensokyo

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I’ve seen speculation that this game might have the unseen leader of the Eagle Goasts from WBaWC because their alliance is called 剛欲同盟

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
That was my first impression too. We left that as Gouyoku Alliance in the game patch since it was being treated more like a name than a word.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Oct 4, 2019

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Well the first thing you know Reimu's a millionaire,
The kinfolk said "Rei, move away from there"
Said "Californy is the place you ought to be"
So she loaded up the truck and she moved to Beverly

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Sidescroller, huh? That's a new one.

In any case the game will be about Clownpiece beating everyone up and taking the oil for herself.

TheNamedSavior
Mar 10, 2019

by VideoGames
I hope we get to BEAT the ever-loving poo poo out of some Kappa capitalists in it!

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

TheNamedSavior posted:

I hope we get to BEAT the ever-loving poo poo out of some Kappa capitalists in it!
Really not digging the anti-kappa message here. :colbert:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
kappatalists

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

eat them

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

booooo

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
The 17.5 demo is out at Reitaisai. I've seen a stream of the gameplay.

Basically it plays out like a Tasofro fighting game story mode. It's all boss fights, and if you hit them enough during a spellcard they get stunned so you can wail on them. Danmaku can be attacked/grazed and it turns into water, but melee attacks have to be dodged, and it shows you red warning text where it'll hit.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Love the art, that thick ink brush style owns.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I think that’s Tokiame, the artist for CiLR and the guide books

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

I'm suddenly in the mood for TURTLE SOUP!

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
So it turns out the game isn't a sidescroller like people initially thought? Or do those mechanics only appear in boss battles?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Well it’s an early beta but the beta demo only has boss fights

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

Yuugi is lookin' good

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
Yuugi so beauty...

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Touhou Cannonball works on Android 10 now

I have been handsomely rewarded.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Gensokyo Night Festival, that crazy good looking Suika game, is up on Steam early access!

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

P https://twitter.com/playismjp/status/1183674570093420547?s=21

Good

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Definitely early access, it’s about an hour long, just has the first area for now

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
not available on my region :cry:

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

El Burbo posted:

Definitely early access, it’s about an hour long, just has the first area for now

Plays pretty good and solid though, it's a "we need to finish up later content" EA not a "the game is still coming together at a fundamental level" EA.

Found some secrets (a Yukari gap that warped me to Old Hell and some goodies and a alternate route behind a breakable rock leading to a fight with a Super Red Eyes Ringo) and had a fight with Rumia.

The fireworks based combat is a really neat way to transfer danmaku into a sidescroller.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
I want a death bomb, but for when I hit the bomb button at the end of a special mode like the flower zone from PCB or the beast mode in the latest game, but do it 10ms late and waste a bomb instead

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
There's been another new Touhou manga announced; https://twitter.com/thgairai/status/1187674811717128192 and the art is shoujo as gently caress, it kinda rules.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

It does make Remi kinda look like she did the fusion dance with Patchouli though.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

A Sometimes Food posted:

It does make Remi kinda look like she did the fusion dance with Patchouli though.
That sounds extremely on brand for Touhou, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

Additional details: the manga will be released via the web, on the last monday of every month, starting on the 28th(!!) of this month.

Aya Azuma will also be creating a monthly but unofficial Komachi-centric webcomic (webdoujin?). I'm admittedly looking forward to this one a bit more, even if it's not really official.