Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
The raw is out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Translation: https://mangadex.org/chapter/722613/1

Huh, turns out it was just a magic spinal cord sitting around.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

It vaguely reminds me of this.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Sindai posted:

Translation: https://mangadex.org/chapter/722613/1

Huh, turns out it was just a magic spinal cord sitting around.

It was KC Green’s Back comic the whole time!

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I told you, Eren. Is. The. Hero.

Burn that rotten world to the ground, Ymir. :hellyeah:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

i am so loving hyped for the next chapter :yeshaha::yeshaha::yeshaha::yeshaha::yeshaha::yeshaha::yeshaha::yeshaha::yeshaha::yeshaha::yeshaha::yeshaha::yeshaha::yeshaha::yeshaha::yeshaha::yeshaha::yeshaha::yeshaha::yeshaha:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Kerning Chameleon posted:

I told you, Eren. Is. The. Hero.

Burn that rotten world to the ground, Ymir. :hellyeah:

Please go to hell.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Guess that confirms that the idea Eldia was this amazing wonderful place who were kind and benevolent is confirmed to be 100% bullshit.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

quote:

Ch. 122 - From you, 2000 years ago
I don't think I've ever seen a writer foreshadow this long and this well in any media.

Also:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yux0zw4vHlw&t=24s

That ending had so much packed in it.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Oct 4, 2019

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Monaghan posted:

Guess that confirms that the idea Eldia was this amazing wonderful place who were kind and benevolent is confirmed to be 100% bullshit.

Everyone is evil

Eren did nothing wrong

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Tekne posted:

It vaguely reminds me of this.

It's totally based on it, Isayama was being cheeky. I interpreted as some kind of alien parasite that came from outer space (like the Parasyte manga).

edit, speaking of revealing endings in the anime, from the first ending:

Turin Turambar fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Oct 4, 2019

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
I dont get why Ymir remains a slave even after getting the titan power

edit:

Kyte posted:

I don't think I've ever seen a writer foreshadow this long and this well in any media.

Also:

drat

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Elias_Maluco posted:

They are going for Slavery is an attitude, it's on the mind, it isn't the physical chains. She grew up as a slave and didn't know anything else.

It really highlights the themes of the series, of wishing for freedom. And Zeke, despite his intentions was to also end the Eldians, he did it by ordering her around, still being 'another king'.
I think that with Ymir gone, that's the possible solution to everything. Maybe now the 7 shifter titans will stop being born. The Eldian people will still technically have the parasite in them so they are potentially titans, except without a shifter to wake them up, it's like they wont' exist anymore. And the royal blood will be worthless, they won't have special command powers without Ymir.

Turin Turambar fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Oct 4, 2019

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Elias_Maluco posted:

edit:

drat

she's a slave from birth and has been groomed through abuse to be subservient, it's likely she didn't know any other way

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Turin Turambar posted:

They are going for Slavery is an attitude, it's on the mind, it isn't the physical chains.

Indeed, and Eren has finally revealed his position as the world is still nothing but slaves and their slavemasters, only changing roles every few hundred years or so, even after centuries of so-called "progress." If to give some freedom others must remain slaves, then such a world does not deserve to be saved. That's what he's saying by giving Ymir the choice to open up the walls. He will not tolerate a world in which there is a single slave, even if it means he himself must also deny so many others their freedoms (including their freedom to be alive) in order to make his vision of a truly free world a reality.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
Eren did nothing wrong.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Just in case anyone still hasn't taken int all the parallelisms:

Historia is another good girl that the good guys decided that, for the greater good, she should have babies who will practice cannibalism as a way to have military assets. That's part of the history repeating itself and perpetuating that Eren wants to stop.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Kyte posted:

Also:

And the best part is, no part of that meant anything until it did :allears:

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

My hot take: If Eren's the hero, he's not gonna do a genocide. Whatever his plan is, I don't think it's going to be a megadeath casualty event if we're supposed to be rooting for Eren to succeed.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Honestly the most mind blowing thing to me is that 2,000 years ago is an accurate depiction of what 2,000 years ago looked like compared to current tech.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

ATP_Power posted:

My hot take: If Eren's the hero, he's not gonna do a genocide. Whatever his plan is, I don't think it's going to be a megadeath casualty event if we're supposed to be rooting for Eren to succeed.

I mean, at this point he did The Thing he wanted to do, his plan is complete. All that's left is to watch the fallout and maybe have one last Eren vs Armin/Zeke/Levi/Mikasa/Entire Survey Corps fight or whatever.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

Kyte posted:

Also:

:drat:

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Using the same words that are going to be in the final panel unless something changed from when he released this rough draft of it.

Also how the names of the walls are of her children.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

Tenzarin posted:

Also how the names of the walls are of her children.

That had already been mentioned in Willy's speech, but it's a nice confirmation I suppose.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Kerning Chameleon posted:

I mean, at this point he did The Thing he wanted to do, his plan is complete. All that's left is to watch the fallout and maybe have one last Eren vs Armin/Zeke/Levi/Mikasa/Entire Survey Corps fight or whatever.

There has to be something more to it because The Thing isn’t necessarily going to stop things from repeating somehow in the future

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

Yeah, Eren's gotten to the point where he can execute his plan, but we don't know what his endgame is. I'm pretty sure it's not going to be him killing everyone with the rumbling to satisfy Kerning's deathlust.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Also the first Helos and how at the time, the titan, used as an excuse to die. Much like the Eldian empire and the Tybur family using the story of Helos to have the empire die off.

So if Marley did win and they defeated the Eldians in their paradise city, do you think the generals would be like, ok guys start eating all these dead people lets get their power!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Are you tired of being nice?

Don't you just want to go ape shitt.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

comedyblissoption posted:

still waiting on chekhov's wall titans
:yeshaha:

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

ATP_Power posted:

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

Mikasa and Historia were only practice on the path to saving the loneliest girl in the entire world.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
So people predicted the broad strokes of this turn, but not the particulars, which gives me hope for the actual ending at this point

Because how do you destroy a rotten status quo? Other than with giant-induced earthquakes that will just get blamed on a specific population, I mean

If he cares enough about freedom to ascend to the astral plain in order to help a progenitor titan shake off her 2000 year old mental shackles, I doubt he's going to just kill everybody. Death ain't freedom! Unless you choose to die

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Why are all the rumbling titans facing inward? If they start stomping the world wouldn't you want them facing outward from the city?

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

The Founder had already said the King of the Walls had never intended to use the wall titans, so facing inwards (ie towards the location of the Founder while they were being commanded) was no impediment.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

OnimaruXLR posted:

So people predicted the broad strokes of this turn, but not the particulars, which gives me hope for the actual ending at this point

Because how do you destroy a rotten status quo? Other than with giant-induced earthquakes that will just get blamed on a specific population, I mean

If he cares enough about freedom to ascend to the astral plain in order to help a progenitor titan shake off her 2000 year old mental shackles, I doubt he's going to just kill everybody. Death ain't freedom! Unless you choose to die

The survivors would be, by default, free of the corrupt old world order. Think the Dark Age Ending from Deus Ex (aka the only good ending).

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Conspiratiorist posted:

The Founder had already said the King of the Walls had never intended to use the wall titans, so facing inwards (ie towards the location of the Founder while they were being commanded) was no impediment.

I guess when the picture is drawn in a simpler way it is to show just the idea of it.

Because way back at the start of the story it was already shown they where facing inward.

It's making me think that the rumbling wasn't made for the outside world but as a way to super murder the Eldians if they went back to their war ways. Which is almost what is happening with the people that want to get revenge.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Tenzarin posted:

Why are all the rumbling titans facing inward? If they start stomping the world wouldn't you want them facing outward from the city?

we already knew they faced inward tho

like, from the moment we learned they existed

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

So back in the chapter where we first got the reveal of the wall titans (33), that was also the corresponding chapter where Annie crystallized.

Huh. Wonder what that could mean now that the wall titans are up.

BioThermo fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Oct 5, 2019

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I hope the tunnel leading to her chamber collapses and that's the end of it: she's just entombed underground forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

i am very much looking forward to annie's reaction when she finally wakes up and realizes how much she missed