Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
I rode in some tractors to observe their gps auto tracking and foam blobbing. We wer going to use the same tech (lol) to mark safe lanes through minefields.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

i love the sounds of tractors and the delicious vegetables they produce

i bing'd it and it is exactly what it sounds like

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Ratjaculation posted:

Didn't know you were going to Italy as well corn

I've already been!

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

fridge corn posted:

I've already been!

I know, you said that you had in your post

fridge corn posted:

Sorrento is full of retired americans on their First Big European Adventure

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

avg reminded me again

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

5.5inches there or there abouts

E; oops misread your post

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

that's a weirdly long toe

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

i stubbed my middle toe on some floorboards and its all bloody and im ignoring it

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Why are your floorboards wonky? Do you live in a wonky comedy house

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
I bought a set of Allen keys today. They included a really titchy one about the thickness of a hair and I have no idea what it could ever be used for.

Lockpicking, maybe?

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Ratjaculation posted:

Why are your floorboards wonky? Do you live in a wonky comedy house

I have wonky floorboards. I plan to cover them with carpet before I sell the place, so when the guy does the survey, he can't see what a poo poo state they're in.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Really irritating security screws, from my experience.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

the flloorboards are in a stack in the middle of the room. although they are a bit wonky as theyve been in the shed and bowed so theyve got piles tiled up on them to straighten back out so i can make a cupboard out of them.

i feel like this should all of have been obvious from contextual clues.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
My floorboards are at least covering the floor, as intended. I have damp in my living room: I fear I will need to have a damp course installed at some point.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Pistol_Pete posted:

I bought a set of Allen keys today. They included a really titchy one about the thickness of a hair and I have no idea what it could ever be used for.

Lockpicking, maybe?

The smallest one I use is 2.5mm for piddly little interior pieces and taking apart some key fobs

Cluncho McChunk
Aug 16, 2010

An informational void capable only of creating noise

Wales is real pretty

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
laffly vawlleys

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Really good argument in b&q earlier. The staff involved definitely went home and told their respective partners about the bellend at work today. What a prat he was. Lol.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

is that prat you

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Obvs

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
What was the argument about?

I usually give people working in retail a wide berth because I've been there myself and I know the grief they routinely take from dickheads. Couple of months ago though I was in the produce section of the Asda near work and I lifted up the top tray of some oranges and took a net from the tray below because they had later best before dates and looked less battered than the ones on top. This bloke I hadn't seen working there before started telling me off and trying to hand me some of the other ones like I had to take them instead. I think if I hadn't stood up to him he would have snatched the ones I'd taken off me :/

it was kind of like what i imagine customer service would be like if the Nazis had won WW2

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

im not a hero here. I'm not asking for a statue. Although it would be nice.

I could totally have not done what i did as it didnt actually impact me in any way.

but

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

i was returning some (ridiculously overpriced) bits and bobs and it turned out outside their 45 day returns policy. like whats 45 days got to do with poo poo? They were unopened. But yeah they were going to give me store credit and I was literally on my way to spend more money in there right after so lol im a knob.

It was just the way she said it like it was the law and I replied that I didn't actually work for b and q so I didnt really care about store policy. She was very young and did not care in the slightest but said the computer wouldn't do it. I lolled and said can we get someone that will make the computer do it and she was like yeah totally and went to do that.

The supervisor that came was a massive prick so i doubled down hard.

Said get your boss, the manager, local mp whoever I dont care. But I'm having the refund. The manager or whoever it was was obvs like gently caress that, I'm not coming out there to argue with some moron give him his 20quid. So the supervisor told me they were doing it this once but not next time and I was very lucky and never do this again. Eurgh.

Then asked me for my postcode... Er why? WHat post code?

Where you live?

Whats that to you, you didnt need it when I bought them so why now? Also where I live in the summer months or where I winter? I feigned making up a post code but actually said one that is associated with me and they lost it.

YOU ARE BREAKING DATA PROTECTION!

I lolled hard and enquired as to how? they flounced off, grabbing my bits (!) saying they were defo getting the manager this time and how i'd blown my chance.

few minutes later theyre back typing the store's post code in and giving me all my money back. lol i am amazing

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

thanks karen

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

i cant tell but I think you're belittling my story dont do that

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

i can confirm the story because i was there, and the entire store burst into applause

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

i will never give my post code

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

i used to be a postman and know they are power

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

and that post code was albert einstein

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

NotJustANumber99 posted:

i used to be a postman

officially, or unofficially?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

whats the difference? But i think unofficially

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Ratjaculation posted:

officially, or unofficially?

mods please rename me Recreational Postman

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

is there anyone itt who is not depressing

Tbf I'm not as depressing ever since I got my diagnosis and my job and stuff

Life is nice at the moment
I've even made the effort to finally start decorating and making my home more "homely" after having been there for 11months and it being pretty bare and poo poo

See. I actually have a rug now!!!!!
https://twitter.com/JernlovCT/status/1180560302569594882?s=09

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Solefald posted:

See. I actually have a rug now!!!!!

Thoughts.

i. Is your tv playing the advert for your rug?
ii. You need some more books, or just bigger ones and remove some shelves.
iii. I dont think sub woofers work properly on shelves?

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

I only just put the shelves up. Trust me they will be full. I need to still unpack boxes lol.

Sub is working surprisingly fine. I usually have it off cos I get paranoid about disturbing my neighbours but hey it's pretty cool like this 🤷‍♀️

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

it does look very nice

put a youtube of flames on the tv

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Good plan

But for real my next purchase is gonna be some curtains because god drat I really need them. Not sure what I should put above the telly

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

another telly

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

whats a good game for two kids on xbox 360. like 5 and 8 or something I can't remember. Ideally I'm gonna buy a second controller so they can play together so they dont come upstairs to whinge about sharing when I'm trying to gently caress their mum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

lego star wars