Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

hidden_msg posted:

My heels get sore first thing in the morning and anytime I spend more than 30 mins with my feet up. After walking on them a bit they feel fine. Is that what you had?

'sore' is a little mild, I would have pretty bad stabbing type pains but yeah it'd go away after a bit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

huh maybe it is the beginnings then. Lame. I can take the pain for now and any luck when I lose weight it will help. Thanks

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

go see a podiatrist

pram
Jun 10, 2001
stay healthy goons, the forums needs your posts!!

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Schadenboner posted:

Olds should remember to get an flu shotte.

Well, say what you will about a 14-day hospital stay but at least I got a flu vaccine out of it!

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

akadajet posted:

go see a podiatrist

yeah, this. weight loss is good but proper treating is also good and there maybe be a different issue at play

I found out I had early tailors bunions so proper inserts can prevent it getting worse. feet are tricky and complicated and avoiding degradation is important early

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

this but my neck pain from one day of hunching at a bad workspace setup

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

death approaches op

pram
Jun 10, 2001
hey its theadder

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lol start of the week I woke up with a bad ache right in my lower back, didn't feel like a spine thing though. Hobbled through Monday and Tuesday, in bed early Wed morning I rolled over to check the time on my phone and twisted my pelvis / squeezed my legs together - a deep-seated 'clonk' like an expensive car door closing and everything felt a whole lot better. By early afternoon it was like it had never been bad.

I never knew you had mobile joints in your pelvis, but apparently the Sacroiliac is a thing, like Grandmaster Flash said.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lol start of the week I woke up with a bad ache right in my lower back, didn't feel like a spine thing though. Hobbled through Monday and Tuesday, in bed early Wed morning I rolled over to check the time on my phone and twisted my pelvis / squeezed my legs together - a deep-seated 'clonk' like an expensive car door closing and everything felt a whole lot better. By early afternoon it was like it had never been bad.

I never knew you had mobile joints in your pelvis, but apparently the Sacroiliac is a thing, like Grandmaster Flash said.

i have to pop mine every day op

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

:same:

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
i feel like this is an appropriate place to ask

recently i waged a successful campaign against moths in my place, but there were two important casualties in the form of woolen jackets

now one is more or less fine as the two holes are tiny and not in a load-bearing place, but my amazing peacoat has a much more prominent hole that i'd be worried about just ignoring

so question for fellow olds: is wool reweaving worth looking into? are there good services for it that anyone could recommend? should i go take a few textiles classes and just learn to do it with my old fingers and decaying eyeballs? discerning trigagenarians want to know

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

sorry it’s a punk peacoat now you have to use patches

real but mostly unhelpful answer: call a tailor, they’ll probably have a few different options for you

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
my old clothier/tailor just went out of business and i feel adrift on the winds of chance, reluctant to try to invest in building that kind of beautiful relationship again and unsure of how i'll ever look passable again

but i will start asking around, there's gotta be /something/

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

iron-on patches imo

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i want to know if you can iron on reinforcing into the inside of the crotch of my jeans

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

sexy

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

i recommend the plaid ones

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Uptime Sinclair posted:

dear lord is nowhere safe from shoechatte
Switching to dress shoes with heels helped my plantar fasciitis pretty quickly after like 6 months of trying various inserts and supports. I also look a lot better.

Probably not just any dress shoe would work though. They would need to be at least Allen Edmonds caliber.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

echinopsis posted:

i want to know if you can iron on reinforcing into the inside of the crotch of my jeans

it’s called a gusset and you can get a tailor or one of those cheap rear end altering places to sew one in for next to nothing

Better option, which took me literal years to figure out, is just to get trousers that fit so you crotch isn’t so low that poo poo rips under stress all the time

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

buy clothes that fit, y'all.

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

-i have one kidney since 3, which probably causes a lot of these things
-i have a major gout attack yearly that makes me miserable and disabled for 2-3 weeks, despite a diet that is supposed to prevent it
-i have sleep apnea, which is often associated with obesity, but i am skinny af. i use a cpap machine every night and the mask gives me a red mark over the top of my nose
-i suspected the apnea caused my narcolepsy, but the cpap doesn't seem to do nothing for that, but it does prevent my snoring so my partner does not want to murder me nightly
-i have chronic heartburn, which i take meds for nightly, but recently i now suspect it is not actually heartburn, because i never feel pain or acid coming up into my throat. only pain right below the sternum in my stomach. lack of acid? could be, because i've been mixing apple cider vinegar in my water, and it seems to prevent these attacks. seeing doc for this again soon
-i am susceptible to high cholesterol because my genes suck rear end

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

rotor posted:

buy clothes that fit, y'all.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Good Sphere posted:

-i have a major gout attack yearly that makes me miserable and disabled for 2-3 weeks, despite a diet that is supposed to prevent it
-i have sleep apnea, which is often associated with obesity, but i am skinny af. i use a cpap machine every night and the mask gives me a red mark over the top of my nose
-i suspected the apnea caused my narcolepsy, but the cpap doesn't seem to do nothing for that, but it does prevent my snoring so my partner does not want to murder me nightly
-i have chronic heartburn, which i take meds for nightly, but recently i now suspect it is not actually heartburn, because i never feel pain or acid coming up into my throat. only pain right below the sternum in my stomach. lack of acid? could be, because i've been mixing apple cider vinegar in my water, and it seems to prevent these attacks. seeing doc for this again soon

you should be IK of this thread, welcome

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Good Sphere posted:

geriatric af my dude!

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

tk posted:

Switching to dress shoes with heels helped my plantar fasciitis pretty quickly after like 6 months of trying various inserts and supports. I also look a lot better.

Probably not just any dress shoe would work though. They would need to be at least Allen Edmonds caliber.

you're kidding but you're right. a good dress shoe will last decades, and the cheap ones wear out rapidly

as for the geriatric content, i have crippling pain if i wear shoes without a heel for very long. a heel helps a lot.

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
Just popping in to say I have no chronic pain and never will

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Sorry about your terminal heart condition.

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

u need more vinegar op

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

this but chronic pain

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Cold on a Cob posted:

this but chronic pain
also: depression

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

FMguru posted:

also: i'm the guy who sucks

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

prefect posted:

:hmmyes:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Cold on a Cob posted:

this but chronic pain

FMguru posted:

prefect posted:

rack em

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I feel like I have toothache in my big toe.