Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

remigious posted:

I feel like if it were any other show, the ending of season 2 would have seemed hokey and dumb, but here it works. The writers clearly have an entire plot mapped out and I can’t wait to see where it’s going.
I really want to learn German now. People have asked me before if I speak it, since I have a very German last name. Nope, but I’d like to!

Willkommen zu Deutsch lernen!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

RevKrule posted:

I binged the whole series over the weekend. Stranger Things 3 was much better than I expected but this really shone.

I spent yesterday thinking about the ending of season 2 and I can't help but wonder if alternate timelines are something that's actually new. If they didn't, how could they have escaped the apocalypse? Adam's door seems to be the first instance of someone harnessing time travel at their whim to visit any location. Even if there was another method, who was supposed to pick him up? Wouldn't they have shown up before he was taken by Martha B? If this was planned, it makes the answer of what happens next even more interesting to me honestly. It also lends itself to Jonas/Martha at the top of the "Tree" but it's Jonas A and Martha B

I'm going to assume it's new, for the sake of them continuing the show with a new twist vs "we're just watching new parts of the same loop that's been around for two seasons"

Jonas spent 66 years of his life trying to change the loop and get out of it, eventually realizing that you can't. You can't change the past or the future because they already happened. Hence the whole thing about "creating a new world". He can't affect the current loop, but what he can do is create a new one and alter the events there so things turn out different such as that Martha lives. The only way he can save Martha is to create a new alternate world where she doesn't die. He refers to events we see as the final cycle because it will be the final time the current loop repeats itself like it always has, because a new alternate loop #2 is going to be created at the end of it.

This also assumes that the old Jonas (Adam) doesn't know about Martha reappearing because it did not happen in his old loop. The current young Jonas is the first one who will experience the new world (two loops influencing each other) which will be the focal point of season 3. Thus old and new Jonas can truly become enemies, where Adam can actually now kill young Jonas as they won't be connected through the same loop anymore.

Or they can say gently caress it it's always been two loops and Adam calls himself Adam because that's his actual name in loop #2 and that's what his parents named him there :) Therefore he has never been Jonas in loop #1. Adam is loving around in loop #1 because he needs to make sure loop #2 gets created in the first place or otherwise he won't exist. Good luck explaining that in future youtube summaries if that's what they go with. End of Season 3 will involve the Citadel of Adams discussing how to make sure new alternate loops get created and more Adams join their cause.

Rad Russian fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Jul 19, 2019

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Combat Pretzel posted:

Anyone who understands German well enough should watch "Er ist wieder da!" / "Look Who's Back". The actor, who plays Ulrich Niessen, is doing a confused Hitler in that one.

If you want to double down on your German time travel shenanigans, there is actually a game called Trüberbrook that was released recently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWb7tHn23L4

It's technically kind of impressive. They modelled every place irl, and then photographed them, which presumably gets around a lot of technical limitations. The cast is also fairly impressive. Lots of famous German actors in the lead roles, even in the English version.

The protagonist is called Tannhauser, so there's another connection to Dark.

And More fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Jul 19, 2019

pr0p
Dec 8, 2011
Finished

Still so many questions. With this being german tv show and Netflix's analytics about 2 seasons be optimal for their content I'm scared they won't wrap this up.

Hannah is my favorite character, maybe because her story is pretty easy to follow and she is like a mini-villain on the outskirts of the show. A petty petty villain.

My best guess is Jonas somehow locked himself into some loop of driving himself insane? Stranger Jonas was never going to be Adam because that version of him doesn't know what happened to Hannah? Or about the universes coming into play?

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

Baran Bo Odar has been sharing S3 pre-production behind the scenes shots on his Instagram all month. The show was renewed for a final season before this one was released.

pr0p
Dec 8, 2011
That's good to know. I guess it wouldn't take many episodes to end up with every human being jonas somehow

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I remember at the end of season 1 being like "oh great it's some weird la resistance plot with the future, this will ruin things". But man what was I thinking. That was great!!! Every episode was so tense. I was sad it ended at just 8 I thought there would be 10.

I doubt they will touch on nazis. Seems like it would kind of distract from the main aims of the plot or something.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Jul 21, 2019

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
:siren:
Before I start watching this season: does it answer a lot of the open questions from season 1 or does it just create new ones?

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

Many open questions get definitive answers. A lot of the open questions from S1 could arguably be rephrased as "what happens next in the plot?" and we're only 2/3 through so there's still plenty of questions unanswered but not ignored. There's a few big questions newly introduced. BBO & JF could still gently caress up the writing in S3, by but the end of S2 it feels like we're slowly dissecting this time cycle and we're not just being strung along by mysteries.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

LinYutang posted:

Before I start watching this season: does it answer a lot of the open questions from season 1 or does it just create new ones?

It answers a lot but also creates new questions that doesn't feel like the writers are just stacking mysteries on top of mysteries to conceal the fact that they have no idea what they're doing. It's satisfying but also makes me really want to know more.

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

OrthoTrot posted:

Thoughts on season 2 ending:

I expect we've seen the influence of the other dimension before, in the form of the torch. It's presented as futuristic but the timeline we see has no future that could produce it. It can't come from the timeline we have focused on so far. Jonas has gone to a new timeline, and the origin of the torch in our story is future Jonas.

It's also completely different stylistically from the other devices we see like the apparatus and the chair. That's because Adam and Sic Mundus built those but didn't build the torch.

We have seen some interesting "Future Cool" poo poo in the apocalyptic-Winden future, though: the skynet-looking megadrones, the weird clothing the people are wearing when they're hanged. Of course, those could be from different dimensions, too.

This show rules. One of the most entertaining I've watched, and one of the most well-done. When I finished the first season last year, I rolled my eyes at the ending and seriously doubted they'd be able to keep it together. But the showrunners did, and then some.

The ending of season 2 in any other series would make me tune out and roll my eyes but after how well they did season 2 after the twist-cliffhanger ending of season 1, I'm optimistic.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
This rules. I love that every time the show teases you about some new mystery to wonder about, it gives you resolution a couple episodes later, and just keeps on pulling the thread. The plot is a Möbius strip crossed with an ouroboros, but it’s told in an entirely straightforward manner. It’s not really confusing or mindfucky at all, which I find refreshing.

KingNastidon
Jun 25, 2004

LinYutang posted:

Tons of new questions but doesn't seem like they're going down the Lost path of not knowing how to resolve them. The lack of errors between season 1+2 given the complexity of the story make it seem like they've outlined the three seasons pretty meticulously.

Is eye patch cop just a red herring? Is he a guy with an eye patch in 2019 and that's it?

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

In my restless dreams I see that town...

Flagstaff, Arizona
I'd been sleeping on Season 2 after pretty thoroughly enjoying season 1, but I've changed that over the past day of binging after catching a glance at the thread. All of the issues with Season 1 being just like, extremely slow--which I don't think is a bad thing at all and is one of its strengths, I think--is completely gone with this season and I love how the pace has ramped up.

Moving into Ep 5 now, if it keeps its hooks in me I'll probably finish it today and throw up some thoughts as I go. Inadvertent and hella belated thanks, goons.

ETA: The scene in ep 6 that has future Jonas briefly interacting with who he know are his parents and grandparents seemed momentarily small but holy poo poo is that a sad bit of television, I love it.

Double ETA: Holy gently caress this show rules.

Sab Sabbington fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Jul 27, 2019

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

Episode six was loving heartbreaking all-around. I loved Jonas getting some more time and closure with his dad, and how it strongly echoed, mood-wise, the scene from '53 with Claudia and Egon.

On a production level, it was also great. In season 1 when '19 Helge confronted '86 Helge it was shot as a single-take scene about 2:30 in length. I've probably missed some other scenes,but Ep 6 had long shot scenes for both Jonas kissing Martha at the lake, and for Jonas and Hannah arriving at the Nielsen's party (featuring cameos by old Tronte and Jana).

e: thread, also enjoy this fabulous image of Christian Steyer, aka HG Tannhaus

BioThermo fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Jul 27, 2019

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Whew. Just finished the entire series in the past couple weeks. It took quite a bit to get me into this show but it's worth it. Two main thoughts.

1: A part of me hates and loves how ardently this show sticks to its time travel rules. Everything is destined, nothing is out of place or changed. I hate it because it bothers the gently caress out of me that it feels like nobody has any agency at all since their path has already been laid out for them. I love it because almost no other media does this correctly and they've absolutely nailed it with this show. All it would've taken was Jonas putting a little scratch on the younger time machine and showing that the scratch shows up on the older time machine. Sorta like the way Looper does it. But nope, nobody does anything that wasn't supposed to happen.

2: I kinda love that eye-patch guy is just a joke. For the 1.5 years the show was off the air they must've had so many people asking "how did he lose the eye?!" so having season 2 make a joke of it by having him both be embarrassed by it and having his story get cut off as a blue ball to the audience is just hilarious to me. If it ends up being important, I'll laugh. If it stays a joke, I'll laugh. Either way, I love it.

Edit: Oh, right, I only just now realized that "we always conceived this to be a 3 season show" (sorta-quote from the news that they just started filming season 3, the final season) fits in perfect with the show's theme of 3s.

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

This rules. I love that every time the show teases you about some new mystery to wonder about, it gives you resolution a couple episodes later, and just keeps on pulling the thread. The plot is a Möbius strip crossed with an ouroboros, but it’s told in an entirely straightforward manner. It’s not really confusing or mindfucky at all, which I find refreshing.
The fact that the only really confusing thing about the show is "who is who" kinda rules.

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Jul 28, 2019

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

The future lamp-torches come from the existing future, because future girl had another one of them when Jonas took her to see the blob of dark matter.

I feel like the show has been fairly straightforward with laying out the tracks ahead of the train, so to speak, and that the new, cool haircut Martha is the first appearance of the new cycle that Jonas, Stranger-Jonas and Adam have all been trying, in their own ways, to create. I'm choosing to believe Adam's explanation of building changes into each new cycle and that technology in the new cycle advances to the point where travel between alternate time-worlds becomes possible. The letter from Martha is news to Stranger-Jonas as well - it does not seem like he encountered Cool Martha in his past. Stranger-Jonas seems pretty loving naive thinking that Martha will stay in the bunker and that he can, what, shoot Adam when he comes to kill Martha this time? Surely he knows by that point that it wouldn't be possible. His motivations in that last episode seem hard to comprehend - maybe he's just panicking at that stage. It seems to me that the letter made him completely buy into Adam's plans.

On the other hand it's really difficult to understand how characters like Claudia and Adam could have 'seen' other worlds, they seem firmly caught in their loops unless the time-world technology has already been there to access. I'll be super impressed if they can write in a good transition between a completely deterministic time loop and something new being created. Super impressed as in I literally don't see how it's possible - despite accepting Adam's speech that it's possible and that he's done it a bunch of times. I don't see how anything new can arise without already having been there. Perhaps, in the end, he's wrong and it's all just a giant tragedy of self-delusion.

Total mindfuck, can't wait for the final season. The opening credits gain more and more meaning as the season progresses, the kaleidoscopic imagery perfectly captures the nature of the show.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I'm glad I rewatched the first season before starting this one, it's a necessity. God drat. What a show. Thoughts after binging seasons 1 + 2:

- Going back to season 1, Hannah blackmailing Aleksander to 'destroy' Ulrich seemed like a plot thread that was going nowhere even in season 1? I mean, we already got the newspaper article from 1953 that implied Ulrich wasn't going to escape. I guess it served the purpose of showing that Hannah is relentlessly bitter and cruel when it comes to Ulrich.

- Though Charlotte's suddenly important origin felt a little like something they just came up with for season 2 (I'm sure it wasn't, everything feels very well planned in hindsight), what they came up with is bonkers in a good way. The idea that Elizabeth was actually Charlotte's mother came to me just before they confirmed it, and I started calculating: Charlotte's in her 50s, Elizabeth is like 11, if she'd have a baby in about 10 years it'd be 2029, that baby gets taken back two increments of 33 years, then it's 1963, which would make her... 56 in 2019. It all works out.

- Wöller almost explaining his eye was a great laugh.

- Thank gently caress Magnus grew out his hair

- Lots of genuine tearjerker moments. Old Ulrich reuniting with Mikkel was tough. I felt massively frustrated when Mikkel said nothing as the cops pulled them apart. I guess the idea might've been that Mikkel is in kind of a permanently druggy state because Ines is feeding him sleeping pills on the reg? Seeing Jonas hug Michael was worse, I think that hurt for anyone who's lost a father and wishes they could see them again.

- If there's one thing that stood out to me to make no sense this season, it was Jonas believing that preventing Michael from committing suicide was going to fix anything. I can't think of any repercussions the suicide had that directly led to the events that followed. I mean, I guess it broke up Jonas and Martha temporarily, but the kids went to the cave on the night Mikkel disappeared because Erik had disappeared.

- Having a time travel story where you just have three (or more) points in time that progress at the same speed is really fascinating and refreshing.

- I am consistently loving baffled how good this show is at finding actors who actually look like older/younger versions of each other. Like, I had to look up if the actors playing old/young Aleksander were maybe father and son. The actor who plays Michael bizarrely looks like a grown up Mikkel too, at times.

- I'm curious also how German-speaking viewers judge the performances of the actors? I find it hard to make a good assessment when I don't fluently speak the language myself, though I have no complaints.

- I'm also thinking Adam is lying about who he really is. Bartosz seems the most likely candidate, since he survives the apocalypse, but still we haven't seen a future version of him.

- The season ender, alt-Martha with her spaceball seemed kind of lame, but I thought the same of "welcome to the future" at the end of season 1, and that worked out. Can't wait for the last season.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

davidspackage posted:

Going back to season 1, Hannah blackmailing Aleksander to 'destroy' Ulrich seemed like a plot thread that was going nowhere even in season 1? I mean, we already got the newspaper article from 1953 that implied Ulrich wasn't going to escape. I guess it served the purpose of showing that Hannah is relentlessly bitter and cruel when it comes to Ulrich.

Yeah, pretty much. The Hannah/Ulrich scene in 1954 probably wouldn't make much sense otherwise.

davidspackage posted:

- I'm also thinking Adam is lying about who he really is. Bartosz seems the most likely candidate, since he survives the apocalypse, but still we haven't seen a future version of him.

I've seen people speculating that the guy Young Noah kills at the beginning is Bartosz. Right age?

Lycus fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Aug 1, 2019

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

davidspackage posted:

- I'm curious also how German-speaking viewers judge the performances of the actors? I find it hard to make a good assessment when I don't fluently speak the language myself, though I have no complaints.
IMO they speak too perfect of a German.

I almost want to claim they're not using contractions and what not, but it's been too long to be pretty sure about it. Happens in a lot of "serious" productions, which makes the acting stilted in my opinion.

HanabaL03
Nov 12, 2003

We're spread, we're spread, we're spreading our.... wings! :v:
Has Netflix revealed how many people streamed Dark season 2?

I know it has no outcome on the renewal of the show, since season 3 is being filmed and was already said to be the final season by the creators, but it still amazes me that this show isn't more popular.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
It's popular for foreign language shows on Netflix, I think. #3 I've seen, after La Casa de Papel and Narcos.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
I skipped ahead to make this post, but I have to say. Those first two episodes in season 1 were one hell of a slow burn, even for someone that likes a slow burn, but episode 3? Okay, you've got me, Dark. I think it's that coroner scene that really cemented it.

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
i love this show. i rewatched season 1 and 2 before gorging on season 3 the weekend it came out so its been a month or so. honestly season 3 really cemented all the adults are lovely and they deserve their weird hosed up lives. (hannah, ulrich, katherina especially). i feel bad for the kids.

I love jonas but i thought still being enamored with martha when he was future jonas (40?)J^2 was a little whack. Third Jonas/current jonas is my fave and i hope he breaks the cycle, if its possible. martha does not excite me and I was upset that i have to continue watching her.

cinematography is gorgeous.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
Edgar Allan Pwned is from the future, that's why he watched season 3 already. :eng101:

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

i love this show. i rewatched season 1 and 2 before gorging on season 3 the weekend it came out so its been a month or so. honestly season 3 really cemented all the adults are lovely and they deserve their weird hosed up lives. (hannah, ulrich, katherina especially). i feel bad for the kids.

the distinction between past, present and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
gently caress. such a dumb mistake for such a smart show. altho realistically if they were asses then they'll be assholes in the future.

HanabaL03
Nov 12, 2003

We're spread, we're spread, we're spreading our.... wings! :v:
Here's an article I found on season 3. obviously could be considered spoilers, so read at your own risk. https://en.businesstimes.cn/articles/117341/20190820/dark-season-3-new-characters-may-play-familiar-roles.htm

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
I enjoy this show and now will need to go back and rewatch Season 1. Apparently older Jonas had his neck scar in the first season too? :psyduck:

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

He sure did! I was watching through season 1 for the first time at the recommendation of my dad and had some guesses about him (I was like "Maybe he's Michael and he actually survived somehow since he had that scarring on his neck?"). My dad just heh'd and said keep watching.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
Finally started watching this. Halfway through s1 and enjoying it. The mix of odd time travel stuff and seeing how the characters and their relationships change between the two periods is good. Also, Elisabeth is adorable. The exaggerated facial expressions (I guess to assist with the sign language communication or maybe to convey more pathos to the audience in the absence of dialogue) and the little fox hat are cute.

Other comments after watching the end of s1:

* Hannah is a tremendous bitch.
* Katharina reacting to people that upset her with aggression and violence doesn't endear her either, much as she's stressed.
* Relatedly, Ulrich became progressively less sympathetic (not that he started off very likable, since the first time you see him is loving a woman who isn't his wife). Katharina and him bullying someone as harmless as Regina was probably where I stopped feeling much concern for his well-being; clobbering a 10 year old in an attempt to kill him (although the motivation was understandable, I can't empathise with someone bringing themself to murder a sweet looking kid like that) was just icing. Dunno how they had two kids who seem okay.
* Did not expect to feel sympathy for Regina and Aleksander from how their characters were introduced; they seem to have the only good marriage.
* Helge's a really pathetic figure.
* Lol at the accidental incest - dunno how the writers restrained themselves from slipping in Oedipus references. Jonas probably could've handled Martha a bit better.
* I find the 33 year thing odd. I'm not sure of the specifics of how it works, but I gather there's some phenomenon that's only active for a period, and you travel exactly 33 years back/forward from whatever day you travel on during that period. If it were a fixed 33 year travel at any time, it wouldn't just be 1953/1986/2019; and if it took you to the exact same point in those time periods each time all the time travelers (including other versions of themselves) would arrive at the destination at the exact same time.
* Time travel usually irritates me as a plot device because writers use it without really trying to think it through, leading to gaping narrative holes that are often hard to ignore. Here one of the major points of the show is how the time travel affects the narrative, and it's clearly thought out and isn't grating at all.

Neurosis fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Sep 8, 2019

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I just finished watching season 1 & 2 in three sittings and holy poo poo this show is so goddamn good.

Adam is interesting, I can see him being future Jonas or Bartosz. I can also see Bartosz being the man who Noah kills at the start of S2.

I'm trying to get everyone I know to watch this show but a German show about the existential implications of time isn't exactly the easiest show to get people to watch.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Live At Five! posted:

I just finished watching season 1 & 2 in three sittings and holy poo poo this show is so goddamn good.

Adam is interesting, I can see him being future Jonas or Bartosz. I can also see Bartosz being the man who Noah kills at the start of S2.

I'm trying to get everyone I know to watch this show but a German show about the existential implications of time isn't exactly the easiest show to get people to watch.

Ya I just did the same, also this show starts pretty slow, remember nothing much happens in the first few episodes of season 1. It feels more like spooky teen show until it goes crazy with all the twists and the time element coming in.

I kinda had a hard time at the start of s2 trying to keep tracking of who is who and how they are related from all the different timelines but after a while you understand who is who. This might make the relationship tree even more complicated with the twist of the season 2 finale.

The biggest plot hole or weak writing I thought was how Hannah didn't remember what Mikkaels looked like, I am sure the old Hannah would have recognized seeing a young Mikkael that looks like her husband Michael.

I definitely felt pity for Hannah at first with how she was treated like poo poo but when you find out all the manipulation she did, all the pity goes out the window pretty quickly.

Also what the gently caress happened to Woeller's eye? They skipped the part when he explains it to the officer.

Clanpot Shake posted:

Literally everyone I have recommended this to who has not heard of it replies, "oh I don't watch things with subtitles"

This is funny because I end up focusing on subtitles more than what the actors are saying in English language shows as well so I never understood the hate for watching subbed content.

Ulio fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Oct 5, 2019

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Ulio posted:

Also what the gently caress happened to Woeller's eye? They skipped the part when he explains it to the officer.

That was the gag. Explaining it would remove the comedy.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
In the middle of the 6th episode, any shred of hope I could have had that Jonas's atttempt at changing the past wasn't gonna go tits up disappeared the second he told Martha they're perfect for each other and now he's talking to his father and my internal screaming is increasing in volume and pitch with every. loving. Word. No, NO, DIG UP, YOU loving IDIOT!

E: And now he gave him the letter AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

E2: And now it's dawning on Jonas and all I can think looking at his expression is "welcome to the club, took you long enough"

Aumanor fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Oct 8, 2019

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Neurosis posted:

* Relatedly, Ulrich became progressively less sympathetic (not that he started off very likable, since the first time you see him is loving a woman who isn't his wife). Katharina and him bullying someone as harmless as Regina was probably where I stopped feeling much concern for his well-being; clobbering a 10 year old in an attempt to kill him (although the motivation was understandable, I can't empathise with someone bringing themself to murder a sweet looking kid like that) was just icing. Dunno how they had two kids who seem okay.

Hey, Ulrich said it himself: 'My only aim is to take many lives. The more, the better I feel.'

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.

Clanpot Shake posted:

Nazis weren't really a thing in any of the years the show takes place in.

One theory I had is that Helge's mother has alluded that Bernd is not Helge's father. He was born right near the end of WWII, which may have coincided with the Soviet occupation of Germany. That's a bit messed up even for this show though, and somewhat inconsistent

On the subject of Hannah: my wife pointed out that it may all come down to her because her name is a palindrome and she's Jonas's mother. .

Yeah this show is awesome. May even be a top 5 show. I thought that I had read that they had signed up for 2 more seasons and it seemed like Netflix/whoever was just going to run this thing into the ground. And I was a big fan of LOST so I didn't want to have my heart broken again. Don't know what I'm going to do with myself until it S3.

Spooky Martha coming from the future really threw me for a loop, of course. My current theory, and I'm going to sleep on this, is that, so the symbol of this whole ordeal is that three looped thing, but that symbol is also like 3 overlapping circles. I guess that's not really a theory but a way of thinking about what this new situation might be.

I have a kid and I was saying to my wife like how hosed up it would be if like 30-something him just walked through the door with scars and poo poo.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Been watching this with the girlfriend over last few weeks and the last 10 minutes threw us through the loop. Great series so far, Hannahs last scenes were pure venom.

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

To the surprise of absolutely no one, Season 3 is confirmed for June 27th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKrUCZ4h9cw

I'll have to update the OP for season 2 info.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dihaploidy
Oct 31, 2010

Buglord

BioThermo posted:

To the surprise of absolutely no one, Season 3 is confirmed for June 27th.

I'm probably more psyched for this season than any other show from the last few years. Really hope they can stick the landing with the curve ball they threw at the end of season 2.