Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
See that planet? You can climb there!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

:allears:

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
Album is up for pre-order with a track list.

https://www.amazon.com/DEATH-STRAND...ps%2C169&sr=8-4

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Full version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFGq92BYmt4

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

There's also this cool official Spotify playlist from Kojima Productions.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0Lqa1dNY9lMyS5JZTcpmmb?si=IPH5pvDrTviOI0ayyLLNnA

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Half way through, drat, that's a pretty good playlist

e: poo poo, there is so much good stuff in there....throne made me pull out Autumn to Ashes and Senses Fail immidiatelly, and now I'm listening to stuff I listened to so many years ago. Also Ladytron...Kojima, what have you done :allears:

tuo fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Oct 2, 2019

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

That playlist is generally good but faded by Alan walker as the second track is some kind of cursed

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I'm a little bit wondering how this game will run on a base PS4, but then I remember it's on the Decima Engine and Horizon Zero Dawn ran like a dream.

I've been considering upgrading to a PS4 Pro just because this next wave of PS4 exclusives all look like games I'd want to play and also games that will bring a base PS4 to its knees, but maybe not?

Chello De Don
Nov 12, 2006

and now i do
most ps4 exclusive titles run very well---bloodborne frame pacing not withstanding

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Listening to this playlist and getting hyphy

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Harrow posted:

I'm a little bit wondering how this game will run on a base PS4, but then I remember it's on the Decima Engine and Horizon Zero Dawn ran like a dream.

I'm still going to wait for reviews first.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Look Sir Droids posted:

I'm still going to wait for reviews first.

Day 1 digital midnight release no time to read reviews lets gooo

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

fadam posted:

Listening to this playlist and getting hyphy

Personally I can't stop listening to the new CHVRCHES song but I'm a sucker for all things CHVRCHES so that's no surprise

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
I halfway hope there's a No Man's Sky like situation where some people are getting the game early and saying it's trash, but people are in denial and go "no, you're playing the beta version of the game, the full one will be perfect"

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

Resist the siren call of rhinocerosness

College Slice

WaltherFeng posted:

Day 1 digital midnight release no time to read reviews lets gooo

Best Buy is going to have day early physical purchase available at the end of the 7th before store close so I can get my fetus early.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Harrow posted:

Personally I can't stop listening to the new CHVRCHES song but I'm a sucker for all things CHVRCHES so that's no surprise

I thought CHVRCHES did that one really bad song where the music video is puppets fighting each and I was disappointed in Kohima for being a fan, but I guess that’s Imagine Dragons. Other than the stuff on this Playlist I don’t think live ever heard a CHVRCHES song before

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

withoutclass posted:

Best Buy is going to have day early physical purchase available at the end of the 7th before store close so I can get my fetus early.

Pre-mature purchase.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

fadam posted:

I thought CHVRCHES did that one really bad song where the music video is puppets fighting each and I was disappointed in Kohima for being a fan, but I guess that’s Imagine Dragons. Other than the stuff on this Playlist I don’t think live ever heard a CHVRCHES song before

Yeah CHVRCHES and Imagine Dragons are very very different bands.

The latest full CHVRCHES album is Love Is Dead and personally I loved it, it's worth checking out if you like their Death Stranding song. Similar vibes.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

CHVRCHES have one great song that they rejig constantly. They're the Marge's Chanel suit of synthpop.

I went to see them earlier this year and left before the end as it was all getting a bit samey.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Chvrches fuckin rules

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I felt like their second album was really samey but their first and third albums are great IMO

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Chvrches fuckin rules

:hai:

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I really don’t want to become a synth pop guy so I’m going to just stick to this playlist, thanks tho.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I didn't choose synth pop

Synth pop chose me

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I'd never heard of Chvrches (man that's annoying to type) and on the first listen I didn't much care for the track, which was a bummer because Kojima usually picks interesting tunes to accompany his games. I gave it another listen and about halfway through I realized I somehow kinda loved it. That is the fastest a song has ever grown on me.

Yeah that track is loving ace.

E: I had no idea it's the same band that did that rad track for Mirror's Edge Catalyst too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB4gjiMVKFI

Stare-Out fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Oct 2, 2019

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Harrow posted:

I've been considering upgrading to a PS4 Pro just because this next wave of PS4 exclusives all look like games I'd want to play and also games that will bring a base PS4 to its knees, but maybe not?

I'm gonna ride the ol' PS4 until the wheels fall off. One thing is MGSV had a PS3 version, so hey, at least playing this on a launch PS4 is closer to pristine than that. A Hideo game would rock on a toaster.

So I just watched much of the TGS gameplay, great stuff. Was gonna hold out for the release, but Hideo talking throughout was too tough to resist. Did skip cutscene stuff.

Anyways, one question is when he says stuff like leaving a motorcycle for "all the other players", how literally do you take that? How would something notable like a motorcycle be something you'd rely on other players leaving somewhere at random? And how would this work, maybe instanced sort of stuff where say 50 players all affect each others items they find? Surely leaving this bike couldn't really show to all other players, of the million plus copies it'll sell in the US region for example.

My gut guess is Hideo is kind of using that more thematically, and it could be exaggerated a bit how much you'll affect other players with items and vehicles in particular? I'm sure it'll be fine however it works, and maybe it's been explained further.

Online queries aside, very impressive stuff taking in the detailed open world, all the little systems and options to play with, and of course the immersive mystery of everything going on.

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Oct 2, 2019

the_enduser
May 1, 2006

They say the user lives outside the net.

https://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-Pro-1TB-Limited-Console-4/dp/B07YBX9F4V

PS4 Pro Death Stranding Edition is coming.

It looks really cool. Might be time to upgrade.

the_enduser fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Oct 3, 2019

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

I fear my income will drop a lot in november. First Death Stranding, then Doom Eternal.

"No, sorry, we're closed due to...uh....BB rip and tearing, sorry!"

Noam Chomsky
Apr 4, 2019

:capitalism::dehumanize:

I created a fan trailer / music video for this here baby game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxqBslq90Dk

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Noam Chomsky posted:

I created a fan trailer / music video for this here baby game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxqBslq90Dk

:five:

Noam Chomsky
Apr 4, 2019

:capitalism::dehumanize:

:love:

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Found on reddit:

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1179788199125635072?s=20

fuckkkk yeah

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
https://twitter.com/guardianaus/status/1180118160512573440?s=21

Yes... very yes.

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat
maybe yes?

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

They played a trailer for Death Stranding in front of Joker at a screening I was at. Looked loving great on the big screen with the sound cranked up.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
I don't know about you, but I'm very excited to play this game.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Necrothatcher posted:

They played a trailer for Death Stranding in front of Joker at a screening I was at. Looked loving great on the big screen with the sound cranked up.

Too bad that the latest trailer isn't ingame graphics, but pure CGI.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

ymgve posted:

Too bad that the latest trailer isn't ingame graphics, but pure CGI.

Lol I know what you meant but this is a hilarious statement

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

This trailer could easily be a UPS/Fedex/Amazon commercial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Lol trying real hard to pitch this game as an action fueled adventure in this trailer

I guess "in this game you carry a baby" doesn't sell as well