Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

What are the chances Rockstar will make those special outfits you can buy modular? I distinctly remember the pre-order and special edition outfits couldn't be altered in the early days but then I played one day and saw that each individual part was available to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

RDR2 doesn't have the sort of micro-transactions that could cause Rockstar to go after mods, right?

What kind of mods do you hope for, both in terms of just fun stuff and in terms of fixing the game's flaws?

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

Jimbot posted:

What are the chances Rockstar will make those special outfits you can buy modular? I distinctly remember the pre-order and special edition outfits couldn't be altered in the early days but then I played one day and saw that each individual part was available to me.

I heard someone say that was a bug but I don't know where I saw it or their source so what I do in these moments is pray

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Jimbot posted:

They said in that interview posted a few pages back that they know people want to be able to pick and choose pieces from the outfits, but there's no ETA if they'll be able to make it work or something like that. It's apparently something they're looking into doing based on the demand.

Xander77 posted:

RDR2 doesn't have the sort of micro-transactions that could cause Rockstar to go after mods, right?

What kind of mods do you hope for, both in terms of just fun stuff and in terms of fixing the game's flaws?

I'm a big immersion nut so I'm hoping for something that plays up player needs, like hunger, thirst, and sleep. I'm also hoping to see a Friesian horse and more dog breeds.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

They better add cat petting.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Xander77 posted:

I just want Session Sweeper from GTAO to make a return.

FreudianSlippers posted:

They better add cat petting.

Also this

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
Jumping in day 1 and will immediately build my Oppressor savings funds for online.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Xander77 posted:

Miracle health tonics cure tuberculosis

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Geez I didn’t hear about roles and casually fired up rdo after many months

The last two weeks(?) have been a blur but I’m showering in cash and levels and vista appreciation

Warad
Aug 10, 2019

Xander77 posted:

Blackwater/Saint Denis Police Department First Response. :clint:

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Are online characters tied to console or social club accounts.

I would love to keep my current PS4 character, but I don’t think I will be able to resist the ridiculous PC graphics and will need to buy it for the new platform.

Warad
Aug 10, 2019

Funso Banjo posted:

Are online characters tied to console or social club accounts.

I would love to keep my current PS4 character, but I don’t think I will be able to resist the ridiculous PC graphics and will need to buy it for the new platform.

I know in GTA5 you could "transfer" your account over, but it was just cloning your current account onto the other platform (and it was a one-time only deal for some bizarre reason) so they weren't synced or anything like that. I'd imagine they'd do the same.

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass
With all the recent talk about the PC release I went back to mess around in the post-game. I didn't do anything but go visit Armadillo when I initially beat the game, to see how it was compared to the first game, and it having a cholera outbreak just made me think the area was just empty space, but it has a few things to see. It's cool that Tumbleweed is an actual town and not a ruin like in RDR1 and has a bounty mission or two. A few other interesting points of interest. A new stagecoach robbery popped in Strawberry(did this one) and there's another bounty in Saint Denis(will do later).

I also went to go visit surviving gang members, and it was cool to have a little cinematic with Tilly and Mary-Beth, but Pearson's dialogue won't trigger for me, he will say some John specific stuff but I never got the initial surprise greeting. I don't believe I visited him in the epilogue so I don't know if it's just bugged or not; at least I could watch it on youtube. Also visited that widow you help, can't remember her name, and Arthur's grave.

Some neat stuff, and it's still striking how beautiful the game can be.

Also doing all the chores at Beecher's Hope and filling up the wagon to get paid $8 well yes farm life SUCKS and does. not. pay.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

PlushCow posted:

With all the recent talk about the PC release I went back to mess around in the post-game. I didn't do anything but go visit Armadillo when I initially beat the game, to see how it was compared to the first game, and it having a cholera outbreak just made me think the area was just empty space, but it has a few things to see. It's cool that Tumbleweed is an actual town and not a ruin like in RDR1 and has a bounty mission or two. A few other interesting points of interest. A new stagecoach robbery popped in Strawberry(did this one) and there's another bounty in Saint Denis(will do later).

I also went to go visit surviving gang members, and it was cool to have a little cinematic with Tilly and Mary-Beth, but Pearson's dialogue won't trigger for me, he will say some John specific stuff but I never got the initial surprise greeting. I don't believe I visited him in the epilogue so I don't know if it's just bugged or not; at least I could watch it on youtube. Also visited that widow you help, can't remember her name, and Arthur's grave.

Some neat stuff, and it's still striking how beautiful the game can be.

Also doing all the chores at Beecher's Hope and filling up the wagon to get paid $8 well yes farm life SUCKS and does. not. pay.

It'll never happen, but I just want to do the RDR1 campaign in RDR2's engine.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Evil Badman posted:

I’ll settle for just opening up Mexico in RDO

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

Evil Badman posted:

I want this too but yeah it will never happen :(

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I want the multi player. All of it. The quick draw at the beginning of matches, the ctf maps with horses and canons. Hopefully we'll get there

Also, this is going to be a stadia release so maybe I won't buy that new computer. I was skeptical of stadia but I have fiber now and it seems like the project has it's just together. Now I'm a believer. Doom and rdr played remotely lol

They going to use vulkan drivers and run the game on a farm of Linux servers. Just imagine, your plain d linjx server now can render the whole game even tho it only ever has a bash terminal. 8x.gpu.larhe on aws pumping out your games

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nuqlf0KCSdY

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

What's this loving train baron mode?? How did they gently caress this up, it's exactly what I wanted. Horses, bit guns, moving. But... Why are all th chasers able to kill each other? It should be the current baron va everyone else. All th chasers should dynamically be put on the same team so they can't shoot each other and help gravitate those players to be cooperative against the the train controller.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
I tried playing that mode once and had the exact same feelings as you. It has a lot of potential but is currently a total clusterfuck.

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

KoRMaK posted:

What's this loving train baron mode?? How did they gently caress this up, it's exactly what I wanted. Horses, bit guns, moving. But... Why are all th chasers able to kill each other? It should be the current baron va everyone else. All th chasers should dynamically be put on the same team so they can't shoot each other and help gravitate those players to be cooperative against the the train controller.

Literally every objective based PvP mode suffers from the players inability to realize it's not a death match.

I can't count the number of times I'd finish a match in the top 5 because I managed to scrape 9 objective points together compare to the 100+ the winners got.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

It's especially bad when the train enters a tunnel.

Also you can't go too far from the train so you can't take shortcuts.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

sinburger posted:

Literally every objective based PvP mode suffers from the players inability to realize it's not a death match.

Yes but I blame the game and game designers for that. Multiplayer video games always descend into game theory style paranoia, and it's up to the game developers to loving prevent me, the dumb and sometimes scared and always reactionary user from doing stuff I shouldn't. This game has two basic inputs, which direction I can go and what I can shoot at. Pavlov train me and more importantly ever other stupider gamer via that pls it's very simple

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

https://twitter.com/_FiveM/status/1180132902266269696

:prepop:

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

This is the kind of thing that won't work if I'm running my game not locally e.g. stadia, I'm guessing :(

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

KoRMaK posted:

This is the kind of thing that won't work if I'm running my game not locally e.g. stadia, I'm guessing :(

Yes, if you are renting your game for the low price of continued bandwidth use + the actual price of the game, don't expect the ability to mod it.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Thatll probably be the least of your concerns using stadia

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

KoRMaK posted:

Nah, FiveM is basically a mod that hooks into GTA5's single player and loads its own multiplayer servers. I never hosed with it as by the time it came out I was pretty burned out on GTA Online, but if they can manage private servers with Red Dead, holy poo poo that'd be nice.

Eggplant Ronin
Apr 26, 2007

How you like my balls now?:smug:

KoRMaK posted:

Yes but I blame the game and game designers for that. Multiplayer video games always descend into game theory style paranoia, and it's up to the game developers to loving prevent me, the dumb and sometimes scared and always reactionary user from doing stuff I shouldn't. This game has two basic inputs, which direction I can go and what I can shoot at. Pavlov train me and more importantly ever other stupider gamer via that pls it's very simple

Rockstar needs to patch whatever mission is giving people brainworms

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Eggplant Ronin posted:

Rockstar needs to patch whatever mission is giving people brainworms

One star brainworms, at that

Eggplant Ronin
Apr 26, 2007

How you like my balls now?:smug:

Another Bill posted:

One star brainworms, at that

If you want 3 Star Brainworms you gotta use the Essential Oils-covered arrows or else the pelt gets damaged

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

KoRMaK posted:

me, the dumb and sometimes scared and always reactionary user

Another dark gamer trifecta

ICMB
May 28, 2003
Iron Chef MonkeyButt
Does anyone know the specific gold bar rewards at various levels of the Outlaw pass? I'm doubtful that i'll make it to 70, and want to know how much to expect to miss out on.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I’m getting really damned sick of the camp bug. If it were infrequent, or if it were possible to engage with the trader role at all without setting up a camp, I wouldn’t mind it, but as it is it’s an incredible nuisance.

I wish they’d just like, grey a region out if there were too many camps set up there already, just give me some kind of information letting me know if I should bother hunting at all or just roll the dice on another server.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

The new legendary bounty is bananas hard. Enemies hit like trucks and the guy himself is a sniper that'd one-shot you - and that's on the one-star difficulty!

ICMB
May 28, 2003
Iron Chef MonkeyButt

Ainsley McTree posted:

I’m getting really damned sick of the camp bug. If it were infrequent, or if it were possible to engage with the trader role at all without setting up a camp, I wouldn’t mind it, but as it is it’s an incredible nuisance.

I wish they’d just like, grey a region out if there were too many camps set up there already, just give me some kind of information letting me know if I should bother hunting at all or just roll the dice on another server.

I've taken to server hopping if I can't get the camp to deploy. Last night around 9pm PT it took me 4-5 tries, but then I got my blessed camp in the middle of the meadow in Big Valley.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

ICMB posted:

I've taken to server hopping if I can't get the camp to deploy. Last night around 9pm PT it took me 4-5 tries, but then I got my blessed camp in the middle of the meadow in Big Valley.

Last night I tried just choosing different locations until one worked and it...seemed to work? I had to try 4-5 different spots before one worked though (grizzlies). And then I tried picking a better spot, which didn’t work, and I couldn’t get my grizzlies spot back and ended up in lemoyne. So I don’t know if it was the location, or just luck with the timing.

I wouldn’t mind it so much if you could just like, find cripps in a city or something, but no; if you don’t have a camp, you cannot play trader. And sometimes your camp just disappears! So that’s fun when you’re dragging a perfect carcass around

talktapes
Apr 14, 2007

You ever hear of the neutron bomb?

A solution I found to the camp problem most of the time is to fast travel someplace, then try to pitch camp. It doesn't always work but I've had a good success rate by jumping into a server on the opposite side of the map from where I intend to pitch camp when logging in for a session. If it doesn't work after fast travelling, usually jumping to the next server and fast travelling/pitching will fix it.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

ICMB posted:

Does anyone know the specific gold bar rewards at various levels of the Outlaw pass? I'm doubtful that i'll make it to 70, and want to know how much to expect to miss out on.

I wanna say it's 5 per, seven times. Also, it is stupid easy to get that much XP, even casually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PlisskensEyePatch
Oct 10, 2012

Jimbot posted:

The new legendary bounty is bananas hard. Enemies hit like trucks and the guy himself is a sniper that'd one-shot you - and that's on the one-star difficulty!

I had it easy on my first attempt. Went straight up the middle from the road you spawn on and avoiding the patrols. I wasn't spotted til I was at the foot of the tower, but it was one guard there, one that met m half way, and then I called the sniper. After that it was camping at the top of the tower and then mostly outrunning the followers. I did get pressed by a group into following the horse GPS to the Annesburg jail, but you can definitely go does country to outrun/avoid the chasers.

That was on one star, though, haven't tried again as yet. Did it all on foot until I had the guy on the horse.

I've been playing Wildlands if I get burnt out on Red Dead, so that might have set me on a sneaky sneaky strategy as opposed to a wild west shootout mentality.

PlisskensEyePatch fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Oct 9, 2019