Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I beat the game yesterday and I really liked the good ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

I think getting the good ending basically boils down to "whenever you see one of the attendants before a boss fight, make sure you've gotten all the vestiges in that area before continuing."

Edit: Oh yeah, and when Io asks you to take her with you into the final area, do that.

Triarii fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Oct 4, 2019

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Triarii posted:

I think getting the good ending basically boils down to "whenever you see one of the attendants before a boss fight, make sure you've gotten all the vestiges in that area before continuing."

Edit: Oh yeah, and when Io asks you to take her with you into the final area, do that.
Hm like as a companion?

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Only the good and bad/neutral endings have special codes, right? There aren’t three codes?

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
The neutral ending gets you a code while the good ending gets you another code + one from neutral is what I hear.

kalam
Oct 30, 2010

Regy Rusty posted:

Not quite right. The Eos vestiges aren't a separate thing., they are also part of the requirement for the best ending. You gotta get all of them AND save all the successors or else you'll get the middle one. There are only 3 endings.

I read that there is a fourth ending, save all successors but restore none of the Eos vestiges. Its a slight variation on the best ending apparently and is needed for the achievement.

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

Rascyc posted:

Hm like as a companion?

Right. (Or at least that's what I read, and it seemed logical when I did it. She has some unique dialog and scenes in that area.)

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Rather than the difficulty, I think my greatest issue with the game so far is its lack of variety, both in enemies and in environments. I am four zones in now and while there's technically a decent amount of variety in the tilesets, it doesn't really feel like it when you're playing. It's all the same kind of low-visibility narrow corridor, whether the corridor is underground or between buildings or on the edge of a cliff. It feels very... well, video game level-like. Not like a place, but rather just somewhere the game puts enemies so that you will have something to fight.

I hope that'll improve at some point, it's a bit tedious.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
nah the level design sucks

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
Game good

I love running around as violet from tales of berseria.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
Replays are pretty fast now that I found out you can skip the slow walking bits. Bless.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
hey what the actual gently caress is this cannoneer fight

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

Thumbtacks posted:

hey what the actual gently caress is this cannoneer fight

The story or depths one?

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
story, but i got em

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
What does mobility actually do? I thought mobility slow gave me a fat roll but it turns out I was just getting confused by the fact that you have a different roll animation if you don't run out of it and just stand still. Is mobility still affecting the i-frames of my roll or is it run speed or what?

Maybe I can finally unequip the berserker code if mobility is less important than I thought it was, that plus a weight-reducing transformation on my blood veil was the only way I could get normal mobility with a zweihander

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
It affects your movement speed as well as rolls and iframes. The mobility breakpoints are 100%/50%/20%, if you don't think you can make one of those (and god knows I've never even gotten close to making 50%) then it isn't worth worrying about.

Cardiovorax fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Oct 5, 2019

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
The fast dodge at 50% is pretty godly. It's like bloodborne quickstep on steroids.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Weight 135% or higher: two steps slower than blood code's base mobility (read: always slow)
Weight 100%-134%: one step slower than blood code's base mobility
Weight 50-99%: blood code's base mobility
Weight 20-49%: one step faster than blood code's base mobility
Weight under 20%: two steps faster than blood code's base mobility (read: always quick)

Since each blood code has both a base mobility and a base weight it can support, you've got a lot of customization options.

Vil fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Oct 5, 2019

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Are there any particularly discreet veils? I spent a lot of time making my outfit as ugly as possible and I've just got this trench coat covering up all my metallic sick and leopard-print and clipping through my stylish hair.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Night Claw veils are just a single sleeve and some Coolness Ribbons fluttering behind you. Might be what you want.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

There’s a mod on Nexus to make the Hound veils invisible, but I haven’t actually tried it. Seems straightforward enough that it probably works fine, though!

Mimingless
Nov 23, 2007
Oh no, I have a self-esteem issue
Towards the end of the game, Ivory Grace and it's variants are basically just shoulder pads + the two mini-capes that all Spike-type veils have, it's one of the few that don't clip through long hair, though by the time I found it I'd given up and switched to a ponytail. :v:

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Ivory Grace is also the only veil that consistently gets you quick mobility with decent one-handed swords on pretty much any normal-mobility code than can equip it. Basically the only veil I use any more!

Stickman fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Oct 5, 2019

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Cardiovorax posted:

It affects your movement speed as well as rolls and iframes. The mobility breakpoints are 100%/50%/20%, if you don't think you can make one of those (and god knows I've never even gotten close to making 50%) then it isn't worth worrying about.

Vil posted:

Weight 135% or higher: two steps slower than blood code's base mobility (read: always slow)
Weight 100%-134%: one step slower than blood code's base mobility
Weight 50-99%: blood code's base mobility
Weight 20-49%: one step faster than blood code's base mobility
Weight under 20%: two steps faster than blood code's base mobility (read: always quick)

Since each blood code has both a base mobility and a base weight it can support, you've got a lot of customization options.

Thanks, I'll see if I can play around and keep normal mobility outside of berserker

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Does the queen Knight reborn really need to blink 15 times in a row

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Rascyc posted:

Gotta go fast.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

It's probably the closest thing to a facial expression he'll ever get to have.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I think my biggest issue with this game is how easily enemies can just chain combo you to death while you're stumbling from a hit, the cannoneer fight was the worst for that.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I was just thinking that all of the bosses I had fought so far were what I think of as "knight" type bosses, in the vein of Artorius or the Fume Knight, where all their attacks are melee combos and a few ranged attacks thrown in to use if you're too far away. Those fights are good but it's kinda boring if every boss was like that.

Then I found Successor of the Ribcage and my wish was granted

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Rascyc posted:

Trying to achieve peak anime here.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
Some advice for any other idiot attempting to do the double boreal brutes fight solo:
-Don't.
-Put all the buffs you possibly can before the fight and rush one of them, trade damage and only dodge the charge or hits that will likely get you comboed. You are better off dead and trying again that dodging for 15 min then get snipped.

I wasted hours on this fight until I decided to start the with queenslayer's final journey on and managed to win on the second try.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
have I been making plot decisions by choosing "restore" or is that the only way out of the sub-zones? I just did my second one and I didn't even think about it but it occurred to me I could have just walked past them

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

have I been making plot decisions by choosing "restore" or is that the only way out of the sub-zones? I just did my second one and I didn't even think about it but it occurred to me I could have just walked past them

That's the main good ending requirement yeah

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Regy Rusty posted:

That's the main good ending requirement yeah

which is? the thing I'm doing or the other thing? Though based on the themes of the story I can guess pretty well

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

cheetah7071 posted:

which is? the thing I'm doing or the other thing? Though based on the themes of the story I can guess pretty well

What you're doing leads to the good ending, you need all the vestiges from the zone restored to even get the option. If you want the bad ending you just walk around the statue and out the door.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Cardiovorax posted:

Perhaps more importantly, it also affects Swift Destruction from the Hephaestus blood code, which grants +10/15/20% damage for slow/medium/quick to everything. There's a strong incentive for casters to always stay at quick (although you're likely to be using light armor and a bayonet, anyways).

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

You know these post Successor fight cutscenes Lose a bit of impact when I revive them 5 seconds after their tearful goodbye. I understand it's an optional route thing but it's still funny to me.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Infinity Gaia posted:

you need all the vestiges from the zone restored to even get the option.

Oh I didn't even realize. That makes sense

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Ibram Gaunt posted:

You know these post Successor fight cutscenes Lose a bit of impact when I revive them 5 seconds after their tearful goodbye. I understand it's an optional route thing but it's still funny to me.

I thought the same thing. I guess there's no proper way to really get around it, but it's a really loving weird mood swing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Vermain posted:

I thought the same thing. I guess there's no proper way to really get around it, but it's a really loving weird mood swing.

I think the way they should have done it would be to make saving them a dialogue choice with the attendant outside, and then play an extended saving cutscene instead, rather than the 'normal' scene with the saving bolted on the end.