Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Tom Ross actually just said on the MPL stream that every time some dummy comes in here to fill their diaper and bitch about how much they hate a card or deck or archetype, they're going to reprint that card in the immediate next set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

fadam posted:

Tom Ross actually just said on the MPL stream that every time some dummy comes in here to fill their diaper and bitch about how much they hate a card or deck or archetype, they're going to reprint that card in the immediate next set.

In that case, gosh I sure do hate Llanowar Elves!

Boy of Joy
Sep 28, 2001
I thought I was dead. But I think I'm Cleopatra, too.
I’ve been jamming a Golos field deck in BO1 and everyone is playing simic flash and owning me. Not convinced it’s gonna be the best deck in the free event.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

fadam posted:

jokes on you i dont have a diaper!!

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

it's still technically yours even after your dad helps you take it off

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

fadam posted:

Fetchlands are terrible, am I right!? I would hate to have to play "against" decks that use them

sephiRoth IRA posted:

What all decks are you going with for the event? I think I’m going to go with green stomp; troll kings, wicked wolves, yorvo, henge, questing beasts, and mana dorks.

I think I'm gonna try an Izzet Draw 2 deck relying on Royal Scions, someone posted a version of it in the other thread

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Boy of Joy posted:

I’ve been jamming a Golos field deck in BO1 and everyone is playing simic flash and owning me. Not convinced it’s gonna be the best deck in the free event.

Yeah I'm completely undecided on what to run - my Rakdos aggro is tons of fun and I'm getting better at piloting it but what if the meta is anti-aggro and I lose :ohdear:

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

fadam posted:

I sure do hate reckless rage and I'm extremely glad it rotated out!

Funkdreamer
Jul 15, 2005

It'll be a blast
The free event "answer" has to be Jeskai Fires, right? It works well against Golos and also handles aggro decks. I guess we'll see.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
P1P1 Question. Between Witches Vengeance (1BB Creatures of Chosen type get -3/-3) or Bake Into a Pie (2BB Kill creature, get food) which is the better option? I went Vengeance in case I run into humans/knights and can get a big dunk

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
thinking I should wait until the last hours of the event, wait until all the Golos and Simic freaks get their nut and move on

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Yeah I'm completely undecided on what to run - my Rakdos aggro is tons of fun and I'm getting better at piloting it but what if the meta is anti-aggro and I lose :ohdear:

Yeah! I like mine too but I think that green has been more consistent. If I run into heavy removal my random aggro doesn’t have a lot of draw

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Autism Sneaks posted:

thinking I should wait until the last hours of the event, wait until all the Golos and Simic freaks get their nut and move on

Game the system and target the time of day with the softest competition

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

DaveWoo posted:

Just wanted to pop in and say that Revenge of Ravens is goddamn ridiculous in limited. Especially if you manage to pull more than one.

im running this monstrosity in draft right now. 1-0 so far

good luck doing anything opponent

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Revenge of ravens has won me multiple games without me ever attacking.

Marketed Gum
Jun 26, 2007

Kashuno posted:

P1P1 Question. Between Witches Vengeance (1BB Creatures of Chosen type get -3/-3) or Bake Into a Pie (2BB Kill creature, get food) which is the better option? I went Vengeance in case I run into humans/knights and can get a big dunk

You made the wrong choice, thanks for asking.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Autism Sneaks posted:

I don't know if I'll cut it quite that close, but I'm definitely waiting a bit in the hopes that a lot of the better players will want to get in and out. That said, I have no illusions about winning 11 or 12 games in this format, so whatever I end up with is fine and I'm not agonizing over picking the very best deck or anything.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Marketed Gum posted:

Yeah, hard removal is way better than a cornercase answer.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
Also one of those cards is an instant and the other a sorcery.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

JerryLee posted:

It would not be a bad idea for the Sowing Salt cycle to be evergreen in Standard. Change my mind.

Should have been in the core 19 so we could have quashed nexus.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Marketed Gum posted:

Yep! It definitely lead to a couple blowouts with the vengeance, but I found myself wishing I had taken the instant speed kill a dude way more than not.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Azuth0667 posted:

Should have been in the core 19 so we could have quashed nexus.

R&D is always really clear that they want non-basic lands to be a choice, but they don't really want to put punishes in for them.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Funkdreamer posted:

The free event "answer" has to be Jeskai Fires, right? It works well against Golos and also handles aggro decks. I guess we'll see.

I'm thinking the best bet is anything with Fae of Wishes package to have answers for random decks. It seems like Golos is the deck to beat so people will build for that, but I don't feel like 12 random MTGA players are super in-tune with the meta.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

there are like 6-7 variations on the Cook the Cat deck is there any consensus on which one is the best so I can delete a bunch of these decklists, i'm actually getting tired of cooking cats

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Who's hype to go 0-2 in the Win Everything challenge

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
A hand of the copy Adventure artifact and three of the Unicorn is absolutely absurd in draft. Nothing he could do about it that you could consistently have.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Justin_Brett posted:

A hand of the copy Adventure artifact and three of the Unicorn is absolutely absurd in draft. Nothing he could do about it that you could consistently have.

Yeah Lucky Clover can be pretty sick. I got annihilated by it in the play queue earlier.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

zoux posted:

Speak for yourself, I’m going all the way to 2-2

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

fadam posted:

All cards and archetypes are fine it's just certain cards and archetypes attract the worst players. The amount of feather and gates players that tank forever and then play out the most obvious move is astounding. Then they come into threads like this acting like it's really loving hard to figure out when to burn someone in RDW and when not to and you just have to shake your head.

Also there's a reoccurring theme that everyone with a Jace, Lazav, or Teferi avatar will highlight every card and land on the board plus their own hand before playing any card and also 4-5 times while you're playing your cards. It's like these avatars just attract nerd rear end nerds

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

I just played against a recursive food deck that took a half an hour and one thing I really miss from paper magic is being able to talk trash to someone and then spit in their face afterwards.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
did you stop playing paper magic because you got banned from all your local game stores

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Slamburger posted:

I just played against a recursive food deck that took a half an hour and one thing I really miss from paper magic is being able to talk trash to someone and then spit in their face afterwards.

lol you've never done this

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
it feels pretty unfair to resolve ethereal absolution against unlucky fried kitten

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Went 1-2 drop in the event. Standard is very dumb atm

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Round 1: Electromancer Phoenixes.
Round 2: Dmir Reanimator with a Drakuseth thrown in.
Round 3: Manse Dance Revolution (protip on the mirror: it's probably going to go 'til someone decks. Keep that in mind when you're Dancing and also don't underestimate Murderous Rider's ability to go back on bottom then be reshuffled for gaining virtual deck size advantage).

Temporary break time.

E: Started Game 4, have yet to be on the play.

Hammer Bro. fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Oct 6, 2019

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

zoux posted:

Played Bant Ramp. Went 1-2, got a Golden Goose as my reward. 7/10 would play again.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Snow Cone Capone posted:

lol you've never done this

I have but it was the last time my Grandpa tried to learn the little card game i play

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Round 4: Gates.
Round 5: Golos Field.
Round 6: Finally won the coin toss and got to play first. Good thing, too, 'cause Mono-G aggro would've had me otherwise.

Heart is starting to pump at this point.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
So far I've played UB Control (L), Bant Ramp played very badly (W), and Wolf Tribal (W), all with Bant Golos with a tweaked sideboard for wishes.

e: and as usual for a competitive event, everyone is playing super loving slowly

ps: died to mono black aggro when my hand got clogged up with fields and no actual plays

Arivia fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Oct 6, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funkdreamer
Jul 15, 2005

It'll be a blast

Hammer Bro. posted:

Round 4: Gates.
Round 5: Golos Field.
Round 6: Finally won the coin toss and got to play first. Good thing, too, 'cause Mono-G aggro would've had me otherwise.

Heart is starting to pump at this point.
You carry our hopes and dreams