Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

She should honestly 100% do it, because if she stays this poo poo WILL happen again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Sofia quiting and forming her own company would sure be something

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Venomous posted:

Wasn't it the better show last year too
I don't know about last year's Anniversario, but TripleMania was fine to good. I think a lot of people are still working off the rotten 2017 TM.

SatoshiMiwa posted:

It would be maximum chaos and therefore must happen! :getin:

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Holy poo poo Lutteroth is running the company into the ground. I wonder if Sofia can get the locker room behind her and coup him or if her only option is to start a new company

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
Wait a minute: CMLL not paying their younger guys enough and overly pushing their older wrestlers at the expense of their future stars; annoying both the locker room and also some senior executives to the point where they say "gently caress it; we're going out on our own". Why does this sound so familiar?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

IceAgeComing posted:

Wait a minute: CMLL not paying their younger guys enough and overly pushing their older wrestlers at the expense of their future stars; annoying both the locker room and also some senior executives to the point where they say "gently caress it; we're going out on our own". Why does this sound so familiar?

All this has happened before. All this will happen again.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

AAA live on twitch

Eclipse vs Iron Kid vs Mr. Iguana in a triple threat
Aramis and Toxin vs Cíclope and Miedo Extremo in a TLC match
Lady Shani & Myzteziz Jr. vs La Hiedra & Látigo
???, Faby Apache, Pimpinela Escarlata vs Carta Brava Jr., Mocho Cota Jr., Tito Santana
Aerostar, Murder Clown, Niño Hamburguesa vs ??????, Monsther Clown, Texano Jr.
Dr. Wagner Jr., Pagano, Psycho Clown vs Blue Demon Jr., Chessman, Rey Escorpión

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Switched from night 2 of KOT to this because AAA's been good lately?!

Edit: oh yeah, that was a good decision

https://twitter.com/narukiroy/status/1180659462991941635

https://twitter.com/narukiroy/status/1180659807763800065

J-Ro fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Oct 6, 2019

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Aerostar won't rest until he's literally dead

https://twitter.com/narukiroy/status/1180679402813825025

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

SatoshiMiwa posted:

She owns the copyrights to various character names but is the arena they use owned by her or the company itself?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

IceAgeComing posted:

My brain is trying to figure out which promotional split this is alluding to. I mean, I'm guessing CMLL/AAA but there's so many that I'm honestly not sure. The later splits from AAA usually didn't involve execs, and the earlier unrests usually didn't involve full splits.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Oct 6, 2019

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

She owns the copyrights to various character names but is the arena they use owned by her or the company itself?

I haven't heard anyone say that she or the Alonso family owns Arena Mexico and I think if she did Dave or Cubsfans probably would of reported it by now. But man if she did or can find a way to take ownership of it....

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1180679984857468928

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:laffo:

https://twitter.com/narukiroy/status/1180687380564598785

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I haven't heard anyone say that she or the Alonso family owns Arena Mexico and I think if she did Dave or Cubsfans probably would of reported it by now. But man if she did or can find a way to take ownership of it....

The overall family owns their arenas (Mexico, Coliseo and Puebla, most notably). She might have the IP free and clear if she inherited from her dad, but the arenas are another matter.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Doesn't that mean she'd at least have an interest in the arenas? At the very least that would be enough to either get a foot in the door for a new promotion or get a hefty payday to sell her share.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Is this just basic pettiness? Or are they trying to prevent them from interacting with Dragon and Rush and losing them because Dragon and Rush might talk them into bolting?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Is this just basic pettiness?

It's wrestling, I just always assume it's this unless someone goes public with news that it's different/more specific

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I thought Crash was neutral ground where AAA and CMLL could both work.

Luteroth is fuckin' up.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Is this just basic pettiness? Or are they trying to prevent them from interacting with Dragon and Rush and losing them because Dragon and Rush might talk them into bolting?

both

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Hellblazer187 posted:

I thought Crash was neutral ground where AAA and CMLL could both work.

Luteroth is fuckin' up.

The Crash is definitely not, and never has been, neutral ground. It doesn't matter where it might happen, AAA and CMLL wrestlers can't work on the same shows as one another, period (Unless CMLL doesn't notice, which happens more often than you'd think :v: ). There was a period a couple years ago where The Crash was outright trying to take on AAA, back when Konnan was on the outs with AAA and had access to Rey Mysterio.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

if PWG in an entirely different country and market wasn't neutral ground, what makes you think The Crash is

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

NuclearPotato posted:

The Crash is definitely not, and never has been, neutral ground. It doesn't matter where it might happen, AAA and CMLL wrestlers can't work on the same shows as one another, period (Unless CMLL doesn't notice, which happens more often than you'd think :v: ). There was a period a couple years ago where The Crash was outright trying to take on AAA, back when Konnan was on the outs with AAA and had access to Rey Mysterio.

Oh, well then nevermind. Don't know where I got that idea.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Hellblazer187 posted:

its okay, i thought it was basically "as long as AAA and CMLL guys aren't in the same match they can be on the same indy" but it probably has to be some way smaller indie than The Clash for them to ok it or not even care about it

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Hellblazer187 posted:

I wasn't sure about it either and I'm glad you brought it up

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1181350878609121281

Lucha's had better months

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Today's Eddie Guerrero's birthday. He would have been 52. QDP. Truly belongs in the conversation with the all time greats for in ring ability.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

My brain is trying to figure out which promotional split this is alluding to. I mean, I'm guessing CMLL/AAA but there's so many that I'm honestly not sure. The later splits from AAA usually didn't involve execs, and the earlier unrests usually didn't involve full splits.

I thought it was AJPW → NOAH, but probably not??? Like, is this a joshi reference or what

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

I assume it's just a WWE people leaving thing.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Pinche Rudo posted:

Today's Eddie Guerrero's birthday. He would have been 52. QDP. Truly belongs in the conversation with the all time greats for in ring ability.

Eddie's my all time fave. Other than height, a complete package. Something I don't personally care about but the industry does.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
It was CMLL-AAA; I should have made it clearer. Could sum up a litany if splits though admittedly.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/TheCrashLuchas/status/1182470254506717184

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1182831667641245697

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

IceAgeComing posted:

It was CMLL-AAA; I should have made it clearer. Could sum up a litany if splits though admittedly.

It was more fun this way.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

AAA Heroes Inmortales is Saturday

Argenis, Lady Shani, Octagoncito and Pimpinela Escarlata vs Australian Suicide, Demus, Mamba and Vanilla
Lady Maravilla and Villano III Jr defend the mixed tag titles in a triple threat against Chik Tormenta & Latigo and Big Mami and Nino Hamburguesa
Drago defends the Latin American title against Daga
Dinastia, Octagon Jr and Puma King vs Abismo Negro Jr, Arez and Super Fly
Copa Antonio Pena featuring Aerostar, Laredo Kid, Murder Clown, Myzteziz Jr, Dragon Bane, Dave The Clown, Monster Clown, La Hiedra, Faby Apache, La Parka Negra, and a mystery opponent
Fenix defends the Mega title against Kenny Omega
Psycho Clown & Rey Escorpion vs Averno & Dr Wagner Jr vs Pentagon Jr & Texano Jr vs Chessman and Pagano in a cage match

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Watch the MLW LA Park/Jacob Fatu match Nov 2 on FITE if you want to see Park get arrested on live PPV

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1184994696168386567

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i hope he also punches all the cops who try to arrest him

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

meanwhile

https://twitter.com/Konnan5150/status/1185286467570065409

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Uhhhh watch AAA on Saturday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Pinche Rudo posted:

Uhhhh watch AAA on Saturday

If anything, to see the CMLL ninjas steal the steel cage in retaliation.