Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Yor mentions going to The Shopkeeper for help if the secret police cause any problems. I guess that's her handler?

Only shopkeeper we've seen so far is the tailor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.

LostRook posted:

Yor mentions going to The Shopkeeper for help if the secret police cause any problems. I guess that's her handler?

Only shopkeeper we've seen so far is the tailor.

I just read the series and yup, her handler from a young age is The Shopkeeper, but weve only heard the name, never seen who it is.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Raposa posted:

I just read the series and yup, her handler from a young age is The Shopkeeper, but weve only heard the name, never seen who it is.

Watch it turn out to be Frankie, who's being a double-agent for both Westernia and Easternia, and whose real allegiances lie with a third country Northernia.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

JosephWongKS posted:

Watch it turn out to be Frankie, who's being a double-agent for both Westernia and Easternia, and whose real allegiances lie with a third country Northernia.

But then Frankie must come clean in the face of pressing danger and the Family unite to defeat their true enemy: Southernia.

No, but seriously this manga is eventually going to have the family combining their powers to save the day/world and it's going to be glorious.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Twilight is going to find himself at a loss as he becomes obsolete with the implementation of Ostpolitik actually.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
Anya is going to grow up to be an incredibly interesting adult one day. I hope she never loses her mind reading powers.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
the viz translation removed the line "papa's a tsundere", so i'm afraid it's canceled

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
#BringBackClarste

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Venuz Patrol posted:

the viz translation removed the line "papa's a tsundere", so i'm afraid it's canceled

:negative: The world was doing so great!

Omnicrom posted:

But then Frankie must come clean in the face of pressing danger and the Family unite to defeat their true enemy: Southernia.

No, but seriously this manga is eventually going to have the family combining their powers to save the day/world and it's going to be glorious.

Seriously, I can't wait for the inevitable team up of Yor and Twilight to kick rear end to protect Ania. :allears:

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Venuz Patrol posted:

Oh? What's it say now?

Tsundere was just a literal translation of the Japanese and frankly it's kind of questionable in terms of a general translation, but it was too funny not to keep imo.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

New line is: Pa's a softy.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Mulderman posted:

eeeehhhhhhhhhhh

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Mulderman posted:

To be fair, its meaning is clearer to me than Tsundere. :shrug:

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
That is extremely fair. I was half-expecting my editor to change it, honestly.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

It's a fine translation really. But I like tsundere seeing as it is coming from a kid who's been raised on mostly TV.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Viz doesn't think many Americans know what 'Tsundere' means.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Grouchio posted:

Viz is probably right on that one

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I decided to listen to the SJ podcast to hear what they had to say about Spy x Family and someone claimed they never heard about Mangaplus before now. Really dude?

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Grouchio posted:

But the Americans who read manga probably do.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
"Pa's a tsundere" is a funnier line. :colbert:

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.

Mraagvpeine posted:

I decided to listen to the SJ podcast to hear what they had to say about Spy x Family and someone claimed they never heard about Mangaplus before now. Really dude?

I never knew about Mangaplus before Spy X Family was first mentioned here, so that was March of this year.

No matter how popular a site or manga or anime is, there's someone who's never heard of it before.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Fair enough but this is the Shonen Jump Podcast. And Spy X Family is the biggest thing to come out of Manga+
I don't buy for a second they never heard of it.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
https://twitter.com/YourAnimeGuy/status/1180538358990331906?s=19

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

The pool truly is an esper’s worst nightmare

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1003901

SPORTS!

Damian was almost a very good boy this chapter.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Élégance was misspelled this chapter. What a disgrace.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

HenryEx posted:

Élégance was misspelled this chapter. What a disgrace.

Viz really hates refined language. Dodgeball chapters continue to be amazing in every manga I see them in though.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

It's only now, a little bit after reading the chapter, that I realize that she calls him "Sy-on boy" because Ania doesn't recognize the word "Scion".

And yes, Dodgeball chapters in anime/manga are always great things.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
"Billy Watkins (Age Six)."

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

NANOMACHINES SON!

narm00
Feb 18, 2006
Sidenote: Viz announced they'd be releasing the physical volumes starting Summer 2020.

Also, the main story's on pause for another extra chapter come Oct 20th.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

How much steroids is Bill Watkins packing?

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

narm00 posted:

Sidenote: Viz announced they'd be releasing the physical volumes starting Summer 2020.

Also, the main story's on pause for another extra chapter come Oct 20th.

:sigh: I was hoping for the physical volume by the end of this year at least, especially since it seems like 99% of the translation work is already done for the old chapters.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I hope we see more of Bill Watkins (Age Six).

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
You know how Bruce Banner and the Hulk fused to become the Professor? That's what Bill is going to be when he's all grown up.

Mulderman posted:

Damian was almost a very good boy this chapter.
Damian is such a tsundere that his body and mind have two completely different opinions on Ania.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
After seeing Bill Watkins (Age Six), I'm convinced that if his plan of Anya becoming one of the scholars fails Twilight will have no problem disguising himself as a student instead.

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!
I find it adorable that she keeps her mini hats/horn thingies even for gym class.

What are they anyway?

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
They are antennas and she is using them to read everyone's minds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Kibibit posted:

I find it adorable that she keeps her mini hats/horn thingies even for gym class.

What are they anyway?

They're some kind of metal thing plugged directly into her brain, and how she reads minds. They made sparky sound effects whenever she read minds for the first few chapters but eventually stopped doing that, probably for the author's convenience.

This is why crowds make her pass out, I think the machine literally heats up her head when its overwhelmed.