Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

Epi Lepi posted:

My local discord is full of morons

That's just discord, everywhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
Some more shadow pokemon chat: on the same day I evolved my first Tyranitar, 12/15/15, and spent all my candy, I caught a 100% (after purification) shadow Larvitar. My first Snorlax also came from Team Rocket, and also was 100% after purification. I take it that's the one pokemon where Return is a decent charged move?

My wife hates me now.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I still have never found a perfect pokemon :smith:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I still have never found a perfect pokemon :smith:

I got a perfect swalot.
Woo

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

LingcodKilla posted:

I got a perfect swalot.
Woo

Well guess bitching did the trick. Just got a perfect Shadow Ball Mewtwo from a EX Raid

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I've never found true love!

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Well guess bitching did the trick. Just got a perfect Shadow Ball Mewtwo from a EX Raid

I have one and he is cool and good

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

Saoshyant posted:

I've never found true love!

I have one of those, and it is cool and good too!

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Hahah well I’ve never even done a 3 star raid. Good job!

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Shiny Klink via egg :stare: then shiny Makuhitty via research!

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
Worth noting, SB mewtwo has the old EX raid catch chance— and, more importantly, CP values. So it’s back into “fairly easily 3-mannable with slightly levelled tyranitars/giratinas” territory.

It remains to be seen if they screw something up in time for raid hour.

ZHamburglar
Aug 24, 2006
I have a penis.
My girlfriend and I got back into the game a month or two ago and it has been pretty fun. I got this the other day, my second perfect ever, and it's shiny so that's neat. The someone I was playing with got attacked by a dog. It was a pretty eventful day for all of us.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

Saoshyant posted:

From reading the above, a gotcha sounds like too much work for little benefit.

The dual catchmon is really the way to go imo. You never have to actually do anything with the physical thing, just click the pogo plus button on the app every hour or so. It also has no issues with unpairing. The downside is there is no one account version.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Gotcha is actually quite good when Niantic doesn't break its functionality with their dumb untested updates.

I went into town the other day and realised I'd left the bloody thing in the charger and I only brought the strap with me. Felt like such a handicap not having it there to hoover up all the trash I can't be bothered to catch myself.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
1 candy away from evolving a melmetal. Took 18 months, but I got there in the end. Eat poo poo Niantic.

Froist
Jun 6, 2004

Wheany posted:

1 candy away from evolving a melmetal. Took 18 months, but I got there in the end. Eat poo poo Niantic.

Lucky you got a head start, Meltan was released less than 11 months ago for the rest of us.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Froist posted:

Lucky you got a head start, Meltan was released less than 11 months ago for the rest of us.

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

This is 2019, it's been at least two years since April, possibly 3 at this point

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Froist posted:

Whoops, I confused the months and the days in the capture date. Statement still stands. Eat poo poo Niantic.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Hatched a Porygon gently caress me.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Mustached Demon posted:

I'll trade this lovely 2* non shiny Absol I just hatched for it

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Mustached Demon posted:

Is there a better way to get candies for the final evolution?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

kensei posted:

I'll trade this lovely 2* non shiny Absol I just hatched for it

Sold.

Porygon shows up in events from time to time iirc. I think it has been a mainstay in the Valentine's day pink Pokemon event.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Mustached Demon posted:

Same friend. Lubricant for the woodchipper.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
Question about leveling: From what I've read, there seems to be little difference between level 30 and 40, if you don't have the stardust and candy to keep your mons topped up.

Up to 30, the level of mons you catch in the wild increases.

I'm level 26 now, and I still have a bunch of xp eggs left. It makes more sense to use them now to reach 30, because above that, there's no need to rush things, right? Or should I save eggs for specific event days?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Hannibal Rex posted:

Question about leveling: From what I've read, there seems to be little difference between level 30 and 40, if you don't have the stardust and candy to keep your mons topped up.

I'm level 26 now, and I still have a bunch of xp eggs left. It makes more sense to use them now to reach 30, because above that, there's no need to rush things, right? Or should I save eggs for specific event days?

Use eggs for raid hours or hitting the top two friend levels. Chain them together if you can for mega xp.

Catch xp events aren't as good as those two.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Hannibal Rex posted:

Level 30 is 2 million xp total.
Level 40 is 20 million xp total.
The halfway point of 10 million xp total is after level 37, but before level 38. The xp requirement to get from level 39 to 40 is 5 million. The curve becomes very steep near the end.

Also weather boosted wild pokemon can be level 35. So you want to be level 33 if you want to min-max this particular aspect of the game.

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009
Did they remove the variable rewards from battling gym leaders each day, seems like its no longer possible to get sinnoh stones and its always just 400 dust?

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010
I just got a Sinnoh Stone. Also do Master League, that's 500 dust instead of 400.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

Wheany posted:

Also weather boosted wild pokemon can be level 35. So you want to be level 33 if you want to min-max this particular aspect of the game.

I think you're wrong there. As I understand it, weather boosted pokemon can be (trainer level +5), which means they top out at TL30. Maybe you're confusing that with powering up pokemon, where the limit is (trainer level +2)?

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009

Kantesu posted:

I just got a Sinnoh Stone. Also do Master League, that's 500 dust instead of 400.

Good to know thanks, I know it was random amount of dust previously regardless of which league I picked, haven't seen a stone in weeks though, maybe master has been given a higher chance too :shrug:

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

Hannibal Rex posted:

I think you're wrong there. As I understand it, weather boosted pokemon can be (trainer level +5), which means they top out at TL30. Maybe you're confusing that with powering up pokemon, where the limit is (trainer level +2)?

Weather boost definitely go up to 35, but I don't know that a level 33 account will be able to catch a level 35 Pokemon.

And yes, I think Silph Road research indicated Master class has a higher chance of dropping stones than the others

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

Kantesu posted:

Weather boost definitely go up to 35, but I don't know that a level 33 account will be able to catch a level 35 Pokemon.

I just checked; I'm level 26, and I caught a Roselia yesterday that's level 31. TL+5 checks out.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Hannibal Rex posted:

I just checked; I'm level 26, and I caught a Roselia yesterday that's level 31. TL+5 checks out.

I'm always the most wrong when I'm the most confident

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I feel like I'm missing something. How do I see a Pokémon's level?

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

I just caught a wild Gible in Phoenix, AZ. Worship me.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

rt4 posted:

You can't know exactly without Calcy/Pokegenie. You can estimate it based on the Stardust/Candy cost to power them up (each value has at least 2 and usually 4 powerups at the same cost). Some notables:

200/1 is Level 1.
1900/2 is Level 15. This is the max level of pokemon from Field research (if your player level is 15 or above, all field research pokemon will be level 15)
2500/2 is level 20. Max level for pokemon hatched from eggs, and non-Weather Boosted raid bosses.
4000/3 is level 25. Max level for Weather Boosted raid bosses.
5000/4 is level 30. Max level for non-Weather Boosted wild pokemon.
8000/10 is level 35. Max level for Weather Boosted wild pokemon.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

kensei posted:

They seem to spawn a lot around Metrocenter. No idea why.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

kensei posted:

Don't lie dude.

I want baby shark so much.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

rt4 posted:

I used Calcy IV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeematic
Jan 18, 2003

Yikes.
Has anyone run in to an issue where friend battle won't register? I have two accounts and wanted to get the win against another trainer research done for Thousand Year Slumber. This morning i set it up to try to battle, and the screen half showed "such and such wants to battle" but it was during a transition to another screen and wouldnt let me accept or anything. Now when i try to send another invite it waits on the screen where you choose your party for the invite sender, and the invitee never gets the invitation. I've restarted my phone, restarted the game, re-installed the game, but those haven't solved it.