Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

That stompy deck netted me a 4-1 in my first PTQ before landing a DCI suspension because apparently having the name "Level 6 Judge" wasn't kosher.

RIP 4 digit DCI number.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

That stompy deck netted me a 4-1 in my first PTQ before landing a DCI suspension because apparently having the name "Level 6 Judge" wasn't kosher.

RIP 4 digit DCI number.

card game kids have no sense of humor

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
I don't think I've ever actually lost to a mill deck

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Mill was good back when Sphinx's Insight and Heartwarming Reunion were in standard. So Magic Duels during Kaladesh only.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
The most powerful Golos Fields counter? Two Ethereal Absolution, heck ya!

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!

Eej posted:

Revenge of Ravens makes every zombie attack a wash.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Lone Goat posted:

maybe stop being a dipshit and just tap it yourself

I had to auto-tap 12 dual-lands to cast my X=10 Dance of the Manse leaving UW open for the Dovin's Veto I hoped to draw. Then I had to click on the ten different things in my graveyard I wanted to reanimate. Then I had to manually discard two specific cards at the end of turn.

Clicking as fast as I could I still almost timed out. Didn't even get to activate lil' T.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Hammer Bro. posted:

I had to auto-tap 12 dual-lands to cast my X=10 Dance of the Manse leaving UW open for the Dovin's Veto I hoped to draw. Then I had to click on the ten different things in my graveyard I wanted to reanimate. Then I had to manually discard two specific cards at the end of turn.

Clicking as fast as I could I still almost timed out. Didn't even get to activate lil' T.

That sounds like a feature to the other players honestly.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
2-2 with gruul riot, lost one to Torbran red that just had it and one to mardu Knights when I killed the wrong creature and things got out of hand.

Funkdreamer
Jul 15, 2005

It'll be a blast
8-2 with Golos, so close to that free Sealed ticket :(

Lost to Cavalcade and Gruul

Edit: I think Cavalcade is a sufficient Golos-killer in Standard. Like what am I going to do, tutor for a Planar Cleansing to wipe their Chandra and Cavalcade?

Funkdreamer fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Oct 7, 2019

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Honestly the best iteration of cavalcade Ive seen was the one that didn't run Cavalcade or Chandra's Spitfire, those are absolutely the worst cards in the deck.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Eej posted:

good point i should add a second one to my wishboard,

this deck is so dumb eej, ive never played it before and im 5-1 already

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

RC Cola posted:

It would be nice if there was a way to interact with that deck

the only way to interact with it is to play one drops and attack with them

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

I went 6-2 with Jeskai fires with the wishboard package. Lost to a mirror who packed Unmoored Ego and ate my wishes and a red aggro where I screwed myself by misclicking and moving to combat before I turned Sarkhan into a dragon for lethal.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Lost to monored aggro and a deck that played a ton of board wipes (wrath of kayas, doom foretold, planar cleansing, maybe a few more I don't remember) and enchantments and Danced them back.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

went 4-2 with my rakdos cat bake deck, wasn't expecting much more than that

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

one of my games was against, literally, the black planeswalker 2020 deck

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Simone Poodoin posted:

went 4-2 with my rakdos cat bake deck, wasn't expecting much more than that

Yeah I went 5-2 with simic flash. I was happy after 2 wins tbqh.

edit: lost to golos field and gruul cleave. Holy gently caress turn 3 uncounterable Questing Beast

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc
Apparently you can't cast murderous rider as a spell when it's been exiled by 3 mana vivien. It's still a creature card while in exile damnit.

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
7-2 with simic food.

Also just went 4-2 with mill in draft. Probably should have been 5, but misplayed slightly. Mill is really strong with 5 secret keepers and two lucky clovers.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
Came to echo that golos field is boring af to play against. Did okay in the event, went 3-2 with henge. Lost to golos and a knights deck that drew the nuts.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Magic Underwear posted:

Apparently you can't cast murderous rider as a spell when it's been exiled by 3 mana vivien. It's still a creature card while in exile damnit.

Yeah but it's in regular exile, not adventure-exile.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
Can’t even get away from these golos cunts in the regular play queue. Guys, I just want to play my midnight clock jank please.

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis
Judith has always been one of my favorite cards and I've been running some variation of rakdos aggro since RNA, but only now with embercleave and rankle filling the top end does it feel super mean

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

9-2 with Golos field, with close wins being against Jeskai Fires, and everything else was pretty much a blow out.

The two losses came from Golgari Adventure (the second questing beast got me just before I stablized, and I should have wished for either ethereral absolution or planewide celebration), and Simic Flash (with maindeck Mystic Dispute?! Who just had everything).

List below:
1 Arboreal Grazer (WAR) 149
4 Golos, Tireless Pilgrim (M20) 226
4 Growth Spiral (RNA) 178
4 Field of the Dead (M20) 247
1 Simic Guildgate (RNA) 257
2 Realm-Cloaked Giant (ELD) 26
4 Teferi, Time Raveler (WAR) 221
3 Hydroid Krasis (RNA) 183
2 Forest (XLN) 277
4 Once Upon a Time (ELD) 169
4 Circuitous Route (GRN) 125
1 Blossoming Sands (M20) 243
2 Breeding Pool (RNA) 246
2 Fabled Passage (ELD) 244
1 Golgari Guildgate (GRN) 249
2 Hallowed Fountain (RNA) 251
2 Island (XLN) 265
1 Izzet Guildgate (GRN) 251
1 Plains (XLN) 261
1 Selesnya Guildgate (GRN) 256
1 Castle Vantress (ELD) 242
2 Temple Garden (GRN) 258
1 Temple of Malady (M20) 254
1 Temple of Mystery (M20) 255
1 Plaza of Harmony (RNA) 254
1 Boros Guildgate (GRN) 243
1 Tranquil Cove (M20) 259
4 Fae of Wishes (ELD) 44
1 Time Wipe (WAR) 223
1 Agent of Treachery (M20) 43

1 Veil of Summer (M20) 198
1 Planar Cleansing (M20) 33
1 Time Wipe (WAR) 223
1 Unmoored Ego (GRN) 212
1 Ethereal Absolution (RNA) 170
1 Glass Casket (ELD) 15
1 Devout Decree (M20) 13
1 Ashiok, Dream Render (WAR) 228
1 Plaza of Harmony (RNA) 254
1 Aether Gust (M20) 42
1 Despark (WAR) 190
1 Planewide Celebration (WAR) 172
1 Negate (RIX) 44
1 Jace, Wielder of Mysteries (WAR) 54
1 Tectonic Rift (M19) 162

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

Argas posted:

Yeah but it's in regular exile, not adventure-exile.

No, what I wanted was to first cast the spell side from Vivien exile then the creature half from adventure exile. It isn't allowed. I looked it up and the gatherer ruling actually specifically mentions this situation: even though it is a creature card and thus castable, I guess when you choose to cast it as an instant it no longer counts as being something that Vivien allows you to play.

edit: Also this is a good time to do the event if you haven't started, I had some mighty soft opponents. Also it doesn't actually last for much longer.

Magic Underwear fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Oct 7, 2019

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan
So do I take it I should just make golos field and coast into mythic? I have seen one non-field deck in about eight games now.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

sephiRoth IRA posted:

So do I take it I should just make golos field and coast into mythic? I have seen one non-field deck in about eight games now.

go for it

its completely braindead to play too

you almost cant gently caress it up

tcjimbo
May 15, 2008

This is Jimbo!
Hey-hey, man!
We got this!

wish golos I literally copy/pasted this deck
https://twitter.com/MooseyMTG/status/1180883641142042624/photo/1

tcjimbo fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Oct 7, 2019

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

Don't queue with tcjimbo

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

BioThermo posted:

Don't queue with tcjimbo

Funkdreamer
Jul 15, 2005

It'll be a blast
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/2354582#paper

"Golos Fires"

What a spectacularly greedy deck, Standard is truly a wonder to behold right now

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Zyla posted:

one of my games was against, literally, the black planeswalker 2020 deck

I played against the basic black deck. I felt pretty bad once I realized what I was up against.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

BioThermo posted:

Don't queue with tcjimbo

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

No Wave posted:

I went 5-2 with sjow's list:

I never flooded, screwed, and went first against some bad decks so I can't guarantee anything. My last loss was to a legit misplay (didn't haste cavalier pre-combat so I skipped combat) so it could have gone further too.

6-2 with the list, so thanks! So many times I didnt vantress in upkeep and I sure that lost me the last game.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
4-2 with the boring choice of golos field. Both losses were to aggro decks that were quick out of the gates and I never drew a board wipe.

I never faced the mirror, so kinda glad I didn't go with my other plan of trying to figure out a deck that beats Field at the cost of being bad against everything else.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Funkdreamer posted:

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/2354582#paper

"Golos Fires"

What a spectacularly greedy deck, Standard is truly a wonder to behold right now

this deck is like Brisela, Voice of Nightmares, two horrors rolled into one
(I still like Fires decks because they are fun Timmy bullshit that rams through anyway)

remember when people said that manabases are going to be rough this standard?

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

5-2 with copy/paste Golos. Pretty ridic deck, sifting through the sideboard for a win condition is pretty drat fun and I expect to see mostly this deck in the bo1 queue for months. I only need 3 more rare wildcards.

Sjonkel
Jan 31, 2012
Looking at the top16 list from the latest SCG Standard Classic (http://www.starcitygames.com/decks/Star_City_Games_Classic/2019-10-06_standard_Philadelphia_PA_US/1/), there are many different decks, and surprisingly few Golos decks. Which of these decks do you guys think are well positioned in the Bo3 ladder on Arena?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!

Sjonkel posted:

Looking at the top16 list from the latest SCG Standard Classic (http://www.starcitygames.com/decks/Star_City_Games_Classic/2019-10-06_standard_Philadelphia_PA_US/1/), there are many different decks, and surprisingly few Golos decks. Which of these decks do you guys think are well positioned in the Bo3 ladder on Arena?

It's hard to read much from this tournament what with a team format in the open–which muddies a lot of the signal–and many of the good people not playing in the classic. Golos and the food decks are undoubtedly T1, but I really want to know how real these adventure decks are. I think we'll only get a better picture after the MC.