Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xana3fqo-B0

C/P from Wikipedia:
Ruby Rose as Kate Kane / Batwoman: A highly trained street fighter and out lesbian with a fierce passion for social justice who dedicates herself to defending Gotham as a vigilante in the absence of Batman.

Meagan Tandy as Sophie Moore: A former military academy graduate and high-level private security agent who serves as one of Gotham's protectors.

Camrus Johnson as Luke Fox: A staunch Dark Knight loyalist and the son of Lucius Fox who keeps Wayne Tower secure in Batman's absence but understands that Gotham needs a new hero.

Nicole Kang as Mary Hamilton: Kate's stepsister and polar opposite and an influencer-in-the-making who makes it her mission to help the men and women living in Gotham's underserved communities.

Rachel Skarsten as Alice: The leader of the Wonderland Gang whose personality goes from maniacal to charming and back again as she sets out to erode Gotham's sense of security.

Dougray Scott as Jacob Kane: Kate's father and a former military colonel who manages The Crows, a private security firm, in an attempt to protect Gotham better than Batman could.

Elizabeth Anweis as Catherine Hamilton-Kane: Kate's stepmother and one of Gotham's most powerful citizens who made her fortune as a defense contractor.

Sam Littlefield as Mouse: A figure who works for Alice and the Wonderland Gang.

Rachel Maddow as the voice of Vesper Fairchild: A snarky gossip maven and media personality and former flame of Oliver Queen

Sebastian Roché as Dr. Campbell: A well-known plastic surgeon and philanthropist who is respected throughout Gotham.

Taking place 3 years after Bruce Wayne/Batman has disappeared from Gotham, the city is now "protected" by a private security force known as the Crows. The show also backtracks a little from last year's crossover where Kate was already established as Batwoman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Batman is a lady?

I hope we find out tonight.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Can't wait to be hate watching this in 3(?) years.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Crossover this year is gonna be liiiit

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

This show is gonna get soooooooooooo many people mad.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

STAC Goat posted:

Oh man just announcing Rose alone was causing the other arrowverse threads to post all kind of opinions

Brace yourself dis gon b gud

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

Crossover this year is gonna be liiiit

Kevin Conroy is going to play Bruce Wayne/Batman in the crossover, calling it now.

Also, Vesper Fairchild a former flame of Oliver Queen? That should be interesting to see in the crossover as well.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Vietnamwees posted:

Kevin Conroy is going to play Bruce Wayne/Batman in the crossover, calling it now.
I think we know that. We just don't know WHICH Batman.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

STAC Goat posted:

Plugging "Batwoman" in to YouTube brings, in order: the official CW trailer for the show, and then an unending stream of men being intractably mad that this show even exists.

Bring me more male tears, NOW!

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Oct 7, 2019

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Is she related to the Waynes in this continuity?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Jose Oquendo posted:

Is she related to the Waynes in this continuity?

Yes. Bruce Wayne is her cousin, just like how Clark is Kara's biological cousin on Supergirl.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Wow Batman's a jerk.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

nooneofconsequence posted:

Wow Batman's a jerk.

That's canon.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Wow Batman's a jerk.

correct

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I think I forgot that there was Kane Private Military Contractor storyline in Batwoman.

Also Ramones t-shirt spotted.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Also I'm already down af for Alice. She's already doing her job as Female Joker

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

This is the gay content I signed up for.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I feel like this is already moving an at a million miles an hour and I'm okay with it.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Chokes McGee posted:

I feel like this is already moving an at a million miles an hour and I'm okay with it.

After watching The Good Place, nothing can match its pace, but as a pilot it's definitely trying to set up all of the pieces on the board that it wants to play with quickly. Also, I guess I didn't pay enough attention to the casting to realize that Kate's step-sister is Asian

Holy poo poo I hate Kate's step-mom already.

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Oct 7, 2019

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Xelkelvos posted:

After watching The Good Place, nothing can match its pace, but as a pilot it's definitely trying to set up all of the pieces on the board that it wants to play with quickly. Also, I guess I didn't pay enough attention to the casting to realize that Kate's step-sister is Asian

Holy poo poo I hate Kate's step-mom already.

It's not surprising. I was wondering how they were going to catch the series up to where it was last year in time for crisis and welp.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Looks a bit grittier than Arrow. Camera-wise.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I know part of the actual reason that Kate wanted to actually be a badass was because of the trauma of losing her sister but if definitely reads at the moment as her wanting her dad's approval and idk if that's the route they wanted to take instead. Especially because in the original Kate's sister is kidnapped rather than seemingly implied to have fallen off of a bridge in a car

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Wow, they're really going for giving depth to Mary immediately (also team Medic). That's rather impressive.

Edit: That switch seems rather trivial for Batman. I'd think there'd be at least another layer or two so that someone doesn't accidentally open it or something. But I guess it's sorta reminiscent of the clock and the time of death of his parents.

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Oct 7, 2019

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

How many seasons until we find out where Batman is?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

How many seasons until we find out where Batman is?

Depends on how fast they want to run through plot lines. I'd give it to Season 3 but breadcrumbs already set throughout season 2.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

nine-gear crow posted:

Yes. Bruce Wayne is her cousin, just like how Clark is Kara's biological cousin on Supergirl.

Yeah that's why I was asking. I was wondering if they used it here.

So I really liked the Greg Rucka/JH Williams run on Batgirl. Will I dig this show?

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Xelkelvos posted:

Wow, they're really going for giving depth to Mary immediately (also team Medic). That's rather impressive.

Edit: That switch seems rather trivial for Batman. I'd think there'd be at least another layer or two so that someone doesn't accidentally open it or something. But I guess it's sorta reminiscent of the clock and the time of death of his parents.
We've been spoiled with Batgod Batman who has a plan for everything instead of Above Average Guy Batman who still uses Alfred as his password.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Dodgson! How could you!

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Zorro! I love that little touch!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
You're doing this because Poe wrote on both of them? :thunk:

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

She sure figured out how to use the suit and toys quickly.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

She really does need the wig, because her head looks weird in that cowl without it.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Interesting start fighting on a high-rise building. I'm pretty sure most fights in Arrow were in warehouses, so it's already a bit different.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

SardonicTyrant posted:

We've been spoiled with Batgod Batman who has a plan for everything instead of Above Average Guy Batman who still uses Alfred as his password.

Honestly, that's fair. It'll be interesting to see how they spin some of that. Alfred being the password to the building cams isn't quite as egregious, imo, since it's just for the buildings and not his mini-batcave, but yeah, that's also kinda bad.

Aslo do note that Luke said he was afraid of being fired twice so there's a previous time he was fired that they'll probably get into as part of his backstory.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

She sure figured out how to use the suit and toys quickly.

I mean, it's just a show, buuut

Bruce was a kung fu punchy kicky guy. Kate's a soldier with mercenary training and would probably cap a dude if it came to it, so she's going to pick up tactical gear quicker.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

And there's our obligatory CW love triangle.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Really glad they didn't drag the world's most obvious mystery out longer than an episode but it's gonna throw off the Batman/Joker dynamic if they're sisters and that was going really well.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Chokes McGee posted:

Really glad they didn't drag the world's most obvious mystery out longer than an episode but it's gonna throw off the Batman/Joker dynamic if they're sisters and that was going really well.

It's not supposed to be that dynamic. Spoilers. But I'm also really surprised they didn't drag that mystery out.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Ruby has already had back surgery because of this show. Hope it can last.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Well this just started on the west coast with the beginning shot of a ruby swimming through an arctic ocean. This'll be a good run I hope.