Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

watho posted:

That’s the only meaningful exception to “random loot is random”

Both times I’ve done the mission where Zero awards you a gun, he gives me exactly the same gun I just looted from a chest in the final room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
it's happened to me enough times now that it seemed significant (never once happened in BL2, but the games have different drop rates). once with traunt spitting out 2 of the same type of legendary mod (elementalist).

Phanatic posted:

Both times I’ve done the mission where Zero awards you a gun, he gives me exactly the same gun I just looted from a chest in the final room.

that's just how that mission works.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Doesn’t traunt just have an increased chance to drop legendary class mods this event?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

watho posted:

Doesn’t traunt just have an increased chance to drop legendary class mods this event?

nope

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Rinkles posted:

it's happened to me enough times now that it seemed significant (never once happened in BL2, but the games have different drop rates). once with traunt spitting out 2 of the same type of legendary mod (elementalist).

that's just how that mission works.

It's been mentioned earlier in this thread that some people (on Reddit?) think your loot chances are more-or-less set when you launch the game.

watho posted:

Nope. Traunt has no special drops.

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene

watho posted:

No, just katagawa and pain&terror.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Oh yeah, right. I’m way out of it today

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

^burtle posted:

If I tag in to the final quest on TVHM will that count as a full clear for contents sake?

It's not supposed to, no. I had my game offer to jump ahead after playing Gathering Storm thru Jailbreak and it started me on the next leg of the Eden 6 questline without a hitch.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
I've gotten duplicate drops a few times and I'm hardly grinding this game. It's usually a badass dropping three slightly different versions of a maliwan shotgun. Once had a basic bandit drop two legendary shotguns of the same type with different grips. I don't recall that ever happening in the previous games so I wouldn't be surprised if there were something to it.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dewgy posted:

A gun that shoots Typhon DeLeon at people. One round, reload time is however long it takes him to walk back.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rorlPKN3kY4

Excellent.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Would be tempting to do this everytime I see an anointed militant.

Frank China
Jun 17, 2003

Shakenbaker posted:

PSA for people doing melee Amara: Turns out that the 300% version of the Ward still drops offline. If you're bummed about your dumb Roid Ward that has all of 80% on it then there is hope for you yet.

Adding to this, of you play offline the loot tink still spawns 100% of the time in Jakob's Manor. If you farm with a loaded dice artifact 2 tinks will spawn half the time. Plus you get old drop rates I think. I'm raking in about 5- 10 legendaries every couple min. It's pretty dope.

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004
Does this game have dungeons and raids?

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

SERPUS posted:

Lol no, you have the Eridian Proving Grounds which is just a gauntlet with loot at the end and the various arenas which is just kill poo poo in a single space.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
This Killavolt fight is pretty easy.

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene

SERPUS posted:

Not really, no. The closest you'd get is circles of slaughter, where you survive increasingly difficult waves of enemies.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

godamnit i really hate the boss fights in this game sometimes. it feels like theres no way to dodge anything and they just start spamming aoe attacks all the time. got so close to beating katagawa ball and then ran out of ammo :argh:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

maliwan takedown is supposed to feature a raid boss (i think that's how gearbox referred to it)

that'll probably release around late-ish november

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Oct 6, 2019

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

Dude can play the game enough to figure out how to completely break it, but refers the the Loot drop and XP booster mod as "pay to win". (and isn't it only functional up to lvl 20 or something?)

Even when fully decked out in "luck boost" equipment with nearly +15% luck in Guardian rank, the difference seems to be negligible at best.

I wish Youtubers didn't pander so hard to that subset of gamers who wants so, so bad to be angry all the time.

And Jesus H Christ I can't remember the last time I watched a more obviously padded-out Youtube video.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Rinkles posted:

maliwan takedown is supposed to feature a raid boss (i think that's how gearbox referred to it)

We got odds on another Traunt being in the Maliwan DLC?

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Ugh, raid bosses.
As somebody who has no interest in multiplayer and doesn't even have PS Plus...ugh."
I mean I know multiplayer wants them so I shouldn't say they shouldn't exist but...ugh.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Shakenbaker posted:

We got odds on another Traunt being in the Maliwan DLC?

Grand Admiral Traunt, commander of Maliwan's outer territories fleet and mother to the Traunt brothers. Speaks with a disarming Valley Girl accent.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
Vault hunter Traunt confirmed for BL4

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Rinkles posted:

Hopefully the Bloody Harvest isn't 100% temporary.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Hopefully the Bloody Harvest isn't 100% temporary.

From the head dev, it did sound like it was.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Push El Burrito posted:

Last time I fought him an anointed militant that I ran past somewhere outside teleported into the arena and killed me.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Got a Zane build going where I can properly crush now, I have the relic that gives you shock melee, makes your slides fire homing incendiary rockets, and boosts my cryo damage, and I have a Cryo Star Helix with DPS enough to deal with shields so I think I only need to switch on it for Anointed. I can save time on shields if my duct tape mod fires a Quasar as well. Plus I have a Cold Warrior mod that gives a blanket 25% weapon damage bonus. Most of this came all together from farming Traunt so it's a pretty noticable upgrade. Now I just want a Butcher.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I never knew how much i wanted Sasuke to yell at me about making and delivering burgers and i don't even care if his quests are timed it's just a great image in my head :allears:

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

watho posted:

Don’t really know what to draw from that other than bosses can drop more than one thing from their dedicated drop pool now or extremely weird coincidences

you need to exit the game to desktop to reset the loot table. It has been proven by extracting your loot table from memory using 3rd party software

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Fauxtool posted:

you need to exit the game to desktop to reset the loot table. It has been proven by extracting your loot table from memory using 3rd party software

So on ps4 this translates to leaving the game entirely and going back through the title screen?

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Push El Burrito posted:

I had one of those with a good roll on my Moze.

I logged out with it equipped, logged back in the next day and it was a random green shield.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

I'm finally having fun with Amara using Phasegrasp. What are some fun builds to go along with that?

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

10 Beers posted:

I'm finally having fun with Amara using Phasegrasp. What are some fun builds to go along with that?

Elementalist works really nicely with the 'reload mag on kill' and the jumping grasp.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bumper Stickup posted:

So on ps4 this translates to leaving the game entirely and going back through the title screen?

what ever you need to get the gearbox and 2k splash screens again. I cant say for sure if the ps4 just suspends the app or re-launches it completely. Nothing short of a power off and on is 100%

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

10 Beers posted:

Here's what I'm doing currently:

https://borderlands.com/en-US/chara...6-3547096573%22

5/5 in Arms Deal is mostly for doin stuff like Circle of Slaughter or Proving Grounds. If you're not doing those, you could probably slap the points where ever else. 1 point in Violent Tapestry is specifically for if you have a Phasezerker mod.

For gear, I'm using a Brainstormer, a corrosive Crossroads, and an incendiary Crossroads. You can fill the 4th slot with whatever you want, but ideally you want a lil baby weapon that will set you on fire. This is because I'm using an artifact that gives me +183% damage to any element I'm currently afflicted by so you set yourself on fire with a low-level dot then do an absurd amount of extra damage. If you get a Phasezerker class mod and put the 1 point in Violent Tapestry, you'll get 15 stacks of Rush every time you use Phasegrasp for a whopping +45% gun damage. For a shield mod, I've got a Re-Charger cuz it basically doubles your shield output (instant full regen on shield break, 20sec cooldown). A Transformer would probably be ok too. Grenade mod, whatever floats your boat? Moxxi's Bouncing Pair works quite well with it.

I use Ties That Bind/Allure because you can grab the biggest target in a pack, and it'll hard CC anything around it from Allure. Then you shoot the grasped target with Brainstormer to chain lightning everywhere (which triggers the heal from 5/5 Sustainment) then swap to whichever Crossroads is more useful: corrosive for yellow bars, incendiary for red. Sustainment keeps you pretty sturdy, Ties That Bind and Indiscriminate mean you do a pretty wild amount of area damage (which is healing you cuz of Sustainment and your elemental weapon), and if you kill a grasped target, your magazine automatically reloads! Phasegrasp doesn't work on the target? Who cares, you still get the 15 Rush stacks so go hog wild on the bosses! Plus, thanks to Helping Hands, you get a 40% damage reduction from Phasegrasp for 15 seconds. Ties That Bind has a cooldown of 18 seconds so with some Guardian Points, you can basically have this up 100% of the time. Note that you do actually have to grab something for that to go off though so it's a little more finnicky on bosses since you have to use it specifically on adds during the fight.

Skypie fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Oct 7, 2019

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

So I did the Gravewarden a couple days ago and it was both the easiest and most tedious boss up until that point. At no point was I remotely at risk of dying, but it also took ages. Think it was because of a mix of the boss having big delays between its attacks and me having been putting talent points into the shield talents the past 5-10 levels (after reaching the top of the grenade/splash tree).

I think I'm getting close-ish to the end now? I'm back on Pandora and on the third or fourth new map there (the one after the one with Roland's Rest and the depressing quest about the dead girl).

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

I've been considering getting this game, but horrible memories of BL2's loot drops still haunt me. Did they even try to make things less terrible this time? (I haven't played the Pre-sequel much, just BL1 and 2)

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Quicksilver6 posted:

I've been considering getting this game, but horrible memories of BL2's loot drops still haunt me. Did they even try to make things less terrible this time? (I haven't played the Pre-sequel much, just BL1 and 2)

Yes. I've had several legendary drops in both of my normal runs, and the end-game modes make drops a lot more common. Plus the guns are just really, really fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i just did the katagawa ball boss battle and jesus christ the music in this game :pcgaming: