Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

MJeff posted:

You just know HHH was hoping the crowd would like, gasp in shock when Seth got the hammer and they zoomed in on it so dramatically and really you could hear the crowd deflate the second they noticed.

Now if he had grabbed Sting's baseball ball and taken 15 minutes to apply facepaint to himself...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Every so often though a couple matches with no stakes are pretty good, so I think I'll keep at this WWE thing.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I didn't know how much I wanted The Kabuki Assholes

Somehow Kairi made an eye poke look cute.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Sting's baseball ball

I'm in such a state. Everything is sending me into a giggle fit.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Well, they were in the red light district.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

Blaise330 posted:

Somehow Kairi made an eye poke look cute.

aside from the becky/sasha match, that was the best part of what I saw from the ppv :). thou I missed a lot of it.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

MJeff posted:

You just know HHH was hoping the crowd would like, gasp in shock when Seth got the hammer and they zoomed in on it so dramatically and really you could hear the crowd deflate the second they noticed.

Unfortunately, it was WWE camera work, so once they zoomed in, they then zoomed out and back in 14 more times like a 1960s beach blanket bingo movie.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

TriffTshngo posted:

imagine giving wwe money on purpose after the last 7 days of programming

seriously people just pirate nxt nobody will think less of you for it
I watch only NXT at this point and feel much better especially now where they won't even try to call up people that often anymore.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
just lmao at anyone that thought the fiend was going to overcome the suck of bray

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Raskolnikov38 posted:

just lmao at anyone that thought the fiend was going to overcome the suck of bray

The suck in that match was the booking, not the talent.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

iamsosmrt posted:

They could've fixed Seth by having him lose the title tonight and get "seriously injured" with a hot return after his eventual recovery from cancer the vicious assault like many superstars of the past. It's a formula that's worked time and time again.

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Now if he had grabbed Sting's baseball ball and taken 15 minutes to apply facepaint to himself...

There you go. Right there. There's your angle.

The Fiend wins the title from Seth, injuring him in the process. Seth, knowing he needs to fight fire with fire, returns with a face painted look and baseball bat, because, as we learn, while recuperating, he sought the advice of Sting on how to face someone like The Fiend.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

TriffTshngo posted:

imagine giving wwe money on purpose after the last 7 days of programming

seriously people just pirate nxt nobody will think less of you for it

There's also Hulu! You can, in fact, completely minimize your expenditures to this dumb company to an extreme degree in a legal manner!

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Davros1 posted:

There you go. Right there. There's your angle.

The Fiend wins the title from Seth, injuring him in the process. Seth, knowing he needs to fight fire with fire, returns with a face painted look and baseball bat, because, as we learn, while recuperating, he sought the advice of Sting on how to face someone like The Fiend.

I would have marked hard for this.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

e: moved to the podcast thread

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
I feel like in all the discussion about the finish, we've glossed over another big thing about that match. They actually used a massive cartoon mallet as a weapon in a wrestling match. I don't think enough is being made of this

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Dango Bango posted:

Wait a minute - is Granny on B&V tonight? Or not since they're reviewing the PPV?

god please give me granny reviewing the ppv

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

i watched righteous gemstones and then went back and watched that main event

lmao

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Seth at least has locked up a couple of Observer year end awards with his performance tonight (Worst match of the year, Most Overrated)

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Burn it down, please.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
So I just watched the match and I thought "Okay no contest keeps Bray looking strong sure"

But they just had Bray lie there for 10 minutes while Seth just keeps grabbing another implement, being all contemplative about whether he should use it, and then uses it.

So Fiend doesn't look like an unstoppable monster, because he doesn't keep getting up. He looks dead as hell. They recover it a little when he jumps up out of the gurney, but the match was over at that point, so is the Fiend just a loving moron who wanted to pretend to be dead for no reason?

WWE is like what a movie would be if all the characters' motivations were "I am dumb as poo poo and have no desires"

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
I don't believe this show had a script up until the cameras started rolling.

I can't.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
WWE is like watching the Shawshank Redemption, but Andy tells the warden his whole plan two weeks after arriving at the prison and gets shot by a guard.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I don't believe this show had a script up until the cameras started rolling.

I can't.

When Vince re-writes the scripts it's usually very good I hear.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
My review of Hell in a Cell:

The good:

+ Sasha vs Becky
+ Bryan/Roman vs Rowan/Harper
+ rear end in a top hat Kabuki Warriors

The bad:

- Literally everything else on the PPV.

Thanks make sure to like, subscribe, leave a comment, and hit that bell for notifications for future reviews.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
My favorite part was when he did the movie neckbreak-kill move on Seth and he died

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

DarkstarIV posted:

Also tonight's Bryan and Vinny show might be one of the best they've ever done.

https://twitter.com/FO_VVerhei/status/1181047146893598721

I might as well ask this now: I've only ever heard the Bryan/Vinny show and the Bryan/Meltzer show in clips, so I don't actually know how they break it down. Are they locked behind a subscription? Or is it a delayed release for a free version? When are PPV review shows normally released?

Their site does a bad job of explaining any of this.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The real Bray Wyatt was the friends we made along the way

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Erebus posted:

I might as well ask this now: I've only ever heard the Bryan/Vinny show and the Bryan/Meltzer show in clips, so I don't actually know how they break it down. Are they locked behind a subscription? Or is it a delayed release for a free version? When are PPV review shows normally released?

Sometimes (read: very rarely) they release an episode for free, but otherwise its all behind a monthly subscription fee. Bryan airs a free show Sunday-Friday called Wrestling Observer Live, but its basically the CSPAN of the wrestling community. So be careful listening to it.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I feel like a lot of the time I just stop in to be like 'yup, saw the match. Holy poo poo.' But somehow after this PPV I doubt anyone is gonna hold it against me this was worse than a dumpster fire.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Imagine something being so truly mindblowingly terrible that you forget all about the fact that Wyatt pulled out a giant cartoon mallet halfway through

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

i watched this show with a casual and a hardcore fan and we all thought this was absolutely horrible. unbelievably horrible.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Erebus posted:

Earlier in the thread where Bryan's rant was posted -- they post snippets on their YouTube page if you want some more to check out.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

just wait until Vince is spread between WWE and the XFL. it's only going to get worse

watch AEW

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Captain Magic posted:

Imagine something being so truly mindblowingly terrible that you forget all about the fact that Wyatt pulled out a giant cartoon mallet halfway through

Keep in mind that we've seen what that hammer has done to Ramblin Rabbit

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Hefty Leftist posted:

just wait until Vince is spread between WWE and the XFL. it's only going to get worse

It'll probably get better because Vince will be forced to deleg--hahahhaha

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Congrats to Charlotte who may no longer have the most disliked video on YouTube within the next week or two.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Dango Bango posted:

It'll probably get better because Vince will be forced to deleg--hahahhaha

I thought Vince De-legged when he blew both his quads.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Tato posted:

Bray Wyatt sucks so loving much. A fun gimmick for a taped segment of two. But the dude legit has like several worst match of the year candidates to his name over the last few years. He sucks soooooooooo loving hard. Deserves to win worst gimmick in the WO awards like Kane did several times back in the day.

The wild thing is that its not even that he's a bad wrestler. He keeps getting put in lovely gimmick matches that end in incredibly stupid ways

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

DarkstarIV posted:

Congrats to Charlotte who may no longer have the most disliked video on YouTube within the next week or two.

It’s times like this when maybe Seth needs to actually stop bootlicking and go “Guys, I’m not loving doing this finish. You’re loving out of your god drat minds. It’ll be a crucifixion.”

I can’t imagine having clout in the company and agreeing to do this poo poo. An underling? Sure. This guy? The dumbest person in the company.