Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

https://i.imgur.com/FlydMnP.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

The latest leaks of Heart Attack gameplay for SC Enchiladas. Hop a bit and die.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
hytale is probably the only game on that list which will ever be "finished" in any real sense of the word.

I wonder what it's like to never play real video games. guess you never get disappointed

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

Virtual Captain posted:

Bootcha showed up so yeah we did one ARGCast. One more and that's it for today. PM me if you wanna be on the show.

https://www.twitch.tv/virtual_captain

Is there an archive for these anywhere VC?

stingtwo
Nov 16, 2012

MedicineHut posted:

I see Yamiks uses FRAPS or similar non SC built in app. Whereas most shitizens use the game built in FPS function. Is it possible that there is a significant difference between those? As in has CIG rigged the game’s?

Not as afaik, the in-game and MSI afterburner/riverturner counters have always been accurate with each other. FRAPS has always caused framerate drops if you use it to record game footage.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Chocobo posted:

What are the odds that the Crytek legal action results in a complete engine switch?

SC already did a complete engine switch to Lumberyard you dummy! It took CIG a day or two from a couple of its engineers to do it!

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

stingtwo posted:

Not as afaik, the in-game and MSI afterburner/riverturner counters have always been accurate with each other. FRAPS has always caused framerate drops if you use it to record game footage.

Yeah, never liked FRAPS for that. I tried rivatuner/afterburner and it crashed all the time. Thankfully shadowplay is a thing. I just hate with a passion how you now can't use it without signing in to GeForce experience. I ended up creating a dummy mail account just to redirect all the spam mail from nvidia into.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

Pixelate posted:

Is there an archive for these anywhere VC?

There are 16 on Youtube. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzukKdPOxKngLkDYgpIcwsA/videos

A few more on Anchor: https://anchor.fm/star-citizen-argcast

The rest are sitting on my HDD unorganized waiting for a drive failure me to upload them.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
A small question about the game. Does it require a mouse?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Paladinus posted:

no, only a creditcard

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Paladinus posted:

No, but if you do, wrap it in selotape, otherwise they tend to split.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
So, out with the parp, in with the poop?

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

Virtual Captain posted:

There are 16 on Youtube. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzukKdPOxKngLkDYgpIcwsA/videos

A few more on Anchor: https://anchor.fm/star-citizen-argcast

The rest are sitting on my HDD unorganized waiting for a drive failure me to upload them.

Sweet, sweet FUD. Ta!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Daztek posted:

no, only a creditcard

Nice, I have that.

Agony Aunt posted:

No, but if you do, wrap it in selotape, otherwise they tend to split.

I'll keep that in mind, thanks.

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Starbase just had an update video a few days ago, Frozenbyte dont seem like they're pulling a fast one with it.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Daztek posted:

no, only a creditcard

Heh, thanks for the idea of creating a Roberts rewards Visa card that gives points back.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Dreadwroth2 posted:

Starbase just had an update video a few days ago, Frozenbyte dont seem like they're pulling a fast one with it.

chris roberts isnt on the starbase team.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
https://twitter.com/CloudImperium/status/1180173326729113600

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
I wonder if they noticed how much traction warframe had with it's (actually fun) poop mechanics, and decided they had to one up them.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Can't wait for the :honk: concept ship sale

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Lladre posted:

I wonder if they noticed how much traction warframe had with it's (actually fun) poop mechanics, and decided they had to one up them.

It's more box-ticking. Every MMO has a stupid poop gameplay element- Star Citizen is an MMO- therefore we must make Citizens do poop fetching!

It's also easily implementable. Interesting how many features they're focusing on seem to be around the spaceman, on foot, picking up or putting down simple objects. It's like they just finally figured out pick-up-and-put-down-simple-object technologies, in the same way they finally figured out planet-map technologies a couple years ago, so now they're going all-in on throwing as many pick-up mechanics at the wall as possible without any real theory of an overarching game design. Love to fly my faster-than-light starship down to planets to scoop literal poo poo out of caves for pennies.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Chris Roberts: Games, Games with FMV, and Movies!

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Invading your personal space since 1968.

Sarsapariller posted:

It's more box-ticking. Every MMO has a stupid poop gameplay element- Star Citizen is an MMO- therefore we must make Citizens do poop fetching!

Nice try stupid goonie! Visionary auteur programmer director producer salesman Chris Roberts already made a game that’s nothing but poop! Try again cuntiflas FUDster!

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Holy cow, now they are finding someone to work on hair tools.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Colostomy Bag posted:

Holy cow, now they are finding someone to work on hair tools.

Proof positive that Sandi has lost interest and is moving on to making other industries more hair-free.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Sarsapariller posted:

It's also easily implementable. Interesting how many features they're focusing on seem to be around the spaceman, on foot, picking up or putting down simple objects. It's like they just finally figured out pick-up-and-put-down-simple-object technologies, in the same way they finally figured out planet-map technologies a couple years ago, so now they're going all-in on throwing as many pick-up mechanics at the wall as possible without any real theory of an overarching game design. Love to fly my faster-than-light starship down to planets to scoop literal poo poo out of caves for pennies.

This is 100% it, and it's what they've been doing for the last 8 years. Promise everything, finally more or less figure out a bog-standard tech, get it mostly working, redesign entire focus of game around the single semi-working tech. Get backers to laser-focus on that aspect. Sell them on the idea that the game is so deep that picking up poo poo in a cave is proof that the larger design is so awesome and complete that they're down to these kinds of details now. Picking up cave-bat poo poo is what you do to kill time between huge space fleet battles, PVP fighting deadlier than COD, and massive ground warfare. Basically the triple-finale of Return of the Jedi. That would tire anyone out, so collect cave poo poo for a while to remind yourself how deep the game is!*

*Entire loving game may not exist.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

I'll buy a starter package if it includes a goose ship (basically the Serenity from Firefly) where I can :honk:

Do it, you stupid money stealing bear, I'll give you the starter ship money for the honk-ship!

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

I knew it was a train wreck the second I read multiple updates to the hair pipeline.

I mean at first I wanted to debate what those update s might be, pipeline length? Diameter? Hair quality?

Now I'm not code whisper who understands game development but I do have some experience with hair in pipelines.

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019
If hair is developing in their pipelines, they should use a piece of bent wire to pull it out. No wonder their pipelines are so slow, even the poo poo showed up already

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

Now growing up with a golden retriever I got experinced my first hairy pipes, blocked yes but the hair isn't that long so it's easy to wash down or pullout.

Let's upgrade to Version 2.0 my first attempts to run a heream from my bachelor pad. Having several long haired ladies shower in my ensuite each week I can say with good authority that hairy pipelines are always bad and a serious issue, they do not need development.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

Agony Aunt posted:

Yeah, never liked FRAPS for that. I tried rivatuner/afterburner and it crashed all the time. Thankfully shadowplay is a thing. I just hate with a passion how you now can't use it without signing in to GeForce experience. I ended up creating a dummy mail account just to redirect all the spam mail from nvidia into.

OBS can use shadowplay, no account necessary. Don't even need the NV software installed I believe.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe
Thread favorite, Elizabeth Holmes' Lawyers are attempting to leave her employ as they haven't been paid in a while.

She's up in front of a judge in August 2020.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Good news about 3.7, they fixed the big issue: The space yacht is now all but unkillable even if you manage to get through the impossibly strong shields.

To get this groundbreaking change in, they had to leave some other problems alone, like the one where the starter ships still cannot carry boxes reliably after like 3 loving years

stingtwo
Nov 16, 2012

Agony Aunt posted:

I like afterburner only because it can start recording the last few minutes of gameplay if i decide to start recording without having to merge 2 separate videos, whereas shadowplay/amd relive i would have to join it into the current recording, but of loving course something has changed in it that i have use a program to encode the video to not make avidimux crash while editing it

Regarding FRAPS, gently caress me i just looked at some really old ut3 footage, 30seconds for a whopping 4gig

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I laughed way too hard at that lonely rear end box just sitting under the ship.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

chaosapiant posted:

Really, you shouldn't laugh. Star Citizen is a game about putting boxes on ships. Granted it can't do that, but that's the intended gameplay, and both elements are in that screenshot. Time to pledge, commando!

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

you had me at tools :allears:

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

chaosapiant posted:

Looks like it has a thing for whippets, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Lladre posted:

Don't forget about Kojima trying to one-up the Code Whisperer with his urine based gameplay. Of course Chris has to top that to show everybody that he's number one, er, number two.