Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

meatpimp posted:

Another option may be Youtube.

YouTube broke their video editor a few years ago. The replacement can do some simple effects work, but can't join up multiple clips.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Does it have to be free? I use Sony Vegas, and it was pretty cheap.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

There's also After Effects but lol@$20/month

e: Apparently Blender can join MP4s, so try that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE9cdMdoBQc

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

dk2m posted:

I've never been in a Grand Am but I was shocked at how poor quality it is inside. The sales guy clearly had never been in a C5 before, and was struggling to even say something positive. Resting your elbow on the center console would squeak, none of the panels on the dash even lined up and EVERYTHING loving rattled when in motion.

The seat itself moved (???) even though it was powered. I thought it was broken, but no that's just how it is.

The only thing I've been in that has been that bad are the Tata Sumos in my home country.

And it was basically mint, 30K miles on it. PO clearly took care of it, the bolsters didn't even have cracks. I've never had an interior be a deal breaker for me, but man it almost is. Gonna go back to the dealer on Monday to see if he can knock the price down a bit more because it's such a fantastic machine to drive otherwise and agreed that it looks amazing as well.

I make no apologies for the shittiness of the C5's interior, but if the seat slid forwards/backwards about half an inch to an inch under braking and acceleration, there's worn out bushings in the tracks you can replace. Super common issue.

Oh and if you do get it, install a C6 shifter asap. Its a drop in replacement, doesn't look like an 80's donkey dong, and feels about a thousand times better to use.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I'm not up on donkey dongs, how do 80s donkey dongs differ from modern ones?

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

More boxy and dated looking

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

oh, i thought that was a hut or something

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Shotcut is open source and is actually decent at just cutting clips together.

Regarding the C5... when my brother got his C5Z he took it to our mom's house. Her first, excited, reaction upon getting in:. "It's just like my Trailblazer!"

The chassis and drivetrain are so loving good though.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

slidebite posted:

That said, I still think they're the best looking modern era vette other than the brand new one.

I vote for the widebody C6s (Z06, ZR1, GS) as the best-looking modern Corvettes

I have thought that a C6 can be made tolerable at cost: aftermarket seats to replace the stock seats from the La-z-boy factory, an aftermarket steering wheel like this, a modern double-DIN with AA/CarPlay support, and painting the silver interior plastics that were en vogue in the mid-2000s black

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Thanks for those who gave video recomendations. Found https://www.kapwing.com as a completely online system and it does exactly what I wanted.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Is this.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVWEb-At8yc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fDvjmfRFeY

Is this swedish world war two power metal?

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Pretty much, yeah. Its their gimmick and they own it. And have some pretty enjoyable songs.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

That's a......really specific niche

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Well to be fair, they do more than ww2, but ww2 does tend to be the majority of their subject matter.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Powershift posted:

No, It's an awesome idea. i'm personally considering the idea of abusing the gently caress out of our moped laws for one.

An electric moped here means unlimited power, unlimited acceleration, 70kph limit when there are no speed limits in town that high anyways.

I could even get a 500w one with pedals to classify it as an e-bike, not need insurance, and be able to ride it on bike paths, but I'm fat as gently caress.

I work 25 miles away on a 70mph road and can't guarantee charging at work so I'm not quite catered for unless I spend £10k+ which would net me a used leaf with enough range for same plus a roof and heater. I'll see what comes in the next year or two I suppose.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

That's.... really good.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Fuckin' lol.

Corporate ran and approved a background check for a new employee of ours and after her one and sole shift, she e-mailed my boss that she would need to resign, due to being handed cash that night which apparently violates her probation parameters.

She's currently serving probation. After serving a felony prison sentence. For stealing over half a million dollars. And corporate did not see this.

My boss is PISSED.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

cakesmith handyman posted:

I work 25 miles away on a 70mph road and can't guarantee charging at work so I'm not quite catered for unless I spend £10k+ which would net me a used leaf with enough range for same plus a roof and heater. I'll see what comes in the next year or two I suppose.

50 highway miles might be more than a used Leaf battery can handle.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

T-Square posted:

Fuckin' lol.

Corporate ran and approved a background check for a new employee of ours and after her one and sole shift, she e-mailed my boss that she would need to resign, due to being handed cash that night which apparently violates her probation parameters.

She's currently serving probation. After serving a felony prison sentence. For stealing over half a million dollars. And corporate did not see this.

My boss is PISSED.

I mean, stealing is bad mkay and all that, but I can’t help but respect that amount in a go big or go home kinda way.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

T-Square posted:

Fuckin' lol.
My boss is PISSED.
How the gently caress....

Whomever ran that background check is gonna need a new job.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Nah, it's a corporate office gently caress up, so they'll just ignore us and pretend it didn't happen.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

T-Square posted:

Kudos to coming clean right away, but also:

bolind posted:

I mean, stealing is bad mkay and all that, but I can’t help but respect that amount in a go big or go home kinda way.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Wait, why would someone who can't handle cash as a job apply for a job in retail. The odds that you'll be handling money are pretty high.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Elmnt80 posted:

Wait, why would someone who can't handle cash as a job apply for a job in retail. The odds that you'll be handling money are pretty high.

I never handled cash during my retail jobs. Always warehouse or stocking or some other grunt task.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Wait, I thought this was the retail thread. Rip me.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
I'm getting a jump start on spring cleaning.

Wife just sold 3 lamps on Facebook and I'm about to remove anything from the basement that isn't being used and store it in the garage or get rid of it. Basement will be for "gtfo" pile only.
I just put together a second set of those costco shelves and I have to say, they're not as good as the first set.

The Whalen ones were the first set I had:
https://www.costco.com/Whalen-Industrial-Rack%2c-77%e2%80%9dW-x-24%e2%80%9dD-x-72%e2%80%9dH%2c-2-pack.product.100341995.html

They were really good.

These were made by Edsal? and they're a really close knock-off, like almost identical.
They're definitely much thinner metal but they went together a lot easier for some reason. I'm not disappointed but I definitely prefer the Whalen ones I bought.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

IOwnCalculus posted:

50 highway miles might be more than a used Leaf battery can handle.

Possibly, I'd prefer a stated 70 mile range but I don't have £10k. I could come up with, say £4k which would get me the super soco TC max which claims 66m range and 58mph, but that's a hair slow and a little close on range and I bet you don't get 66m at 58mph. Looking at the specs though I could maybe build something similar, it's only 3kw.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Hundreds lose their driving licenses during Oktoberfest e-scooter mayhem

Harsh, Germany doesn't mess around

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I don't know if this is where you're getting them, but google has tons of old newspapers with not only ads like these, but classifieds.

https://news.google.com/newspapers

Datsun died for your sins.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Oct 7, 2019

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Oh god, that google link is a goldmine.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

slidebite posted:

Oh god, that google link is a goldmine.

Yeah, it has papers all the way back to the 1800s.

It can be frustrating to see all the same issues being discussed 20-30-40 years later, but it is nice to see progress in some areas.

What i find interesting is that before Alberta was established in 1905, some newspapers just say like "Calgary, North West Territories", some say "Alberta district", some just say "Alberta"

It would be neat to find one from when Lethbridge was still Fort Whoop-Up

e: from back when the US Government outlawed native dances and traditions in their attempted genocide.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Oct 7, 2019

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

STR posted:

That's.... really good.

Definitely in my top 2 Bismarck based songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1Ufc2hI4FM

Now i need a power metal cover of this :(

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

A metal cover of "The Edmund Fitzgerald" would be tits

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Applebees Appetizer posted:

A metal cover of "The Edmund Fitzgerald" would be tits

That's what i said after i heard the metal cover of "Northwest Passage" by Unleash the Archers

Original: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVY8LoM47xI :canada:
Cover: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRD3vrSLPaw :canada::black101:

I want them to do a whole album of Canadian folk covers.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Elmnt80 posted:

It's not really retail, but cash handling is expected, so :confused:

The funny part is she mentioned expecting to only be handling checks and cards, and in the news article about her, it says that altered checks were the method of theft.

Anyway, fall is here and I want to use my new-to-me dutch oven for something other than frying things and making sauces. Throw some stew recipes at me!

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
Brown the hell out of 2-3lbs of stew meat.
Add too much garlic, onion, jalapenos, and bell peppers.
Toast a tablespoon of cumin seeds, a bunch of ancho Chiles, a couple dried bird's eye chilies. Grind/blend them all together to a powder.
Big can of diced tomatoes you drained.
Huck it all in the dutch oven with a shot of vodka.
Top it up with beef stock, cover, bake it for as long as you can stand at 300ish. Check it every 30 minutes or so and add stock/salt/pepper as needed. Near the end the spoon should stand up, and the meat should be falling apart.

Throw kidney beans in near the end if you want.

Add a touch of cinnamon or dark chocolate when you combine it all if you want. It's chili. Just make it.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
I am eagerly waiting for all the Southwest goons to get mad

Come at me

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

I am eagerly waiting for all the Southwest goons to get mad

Come at me

Beans are appropriate. I've even used black beans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

T-Square posted:

Anyway, fall is here and I want to use my new-to-me dutch oven for something other than frying things and making sauces. Throw some stew recipes at me!

Gumbo.