Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Darchangel posted:

Oh, I like that!

In black it would make a bomb-rear end batmobile

Dear Toyota, call me, let's make this happen.

It's apparently Batman day. I should explore the various eras of batman

1959 Staring Charlton Heston as Batman, and Lucille Ball as Poison Ivy

1932, With Johnny Weismuller as The Joker, and Joan Crawford has Harley Quinn

Powershift fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Sep 21, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I started doing another batmobile and my brain was all like "gently caress this, i have a better idea" so here's some kind of weird zonda thing or something.

I was thinking of recording what state of mind i was in when i made some of these things, but unfortunately i think 90% would be some combination of drunk, painfully tired, and suicidally depressed.

Lada continental! (source image below)

Huh

Goin to hell for this one. hachi-broku

Powershift fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Sep 22, 2019

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
That Lada Continental is fantastic.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Powershift posted:

Goin to hell for this one. hachi-broku

S-Save me a seat when you get there. :stwoon:

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Saw this and thought it had escaped this thread.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7497503/Australias-rarest-V8-wagon-1970-XY-Ford-Falcon-set-rake-millions-heads-auction.html

Maybe everything in this thread secretly exists in Australia.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I've been to Australia, it's all mazdas

jaghooar hot hatch

drat the benz got a big rear end

Its a tweetle :3

Powershift fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Sep 25, 2019

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
I think someone needs to do a welfare check on Powershift.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

StormDrain posted:

I think someone needs to do a welfare check on Powershift.

Is this because of the rolls Royce truck? :ohdear:

I’m not doing well but I’m trying. I’ll talk more about it in the chat thread when I’m comfortable to do so. It does mean I won’t be doing any more of these for a while though.

Thanks though :unsmith:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Take any time you need, this thread has been great fun to follow but don't turn it into a chore you hate.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Powershift posted:

Is this because of the rolls Royce truck? :ohdear:

I’m not doing well but I’m trying. I’ll talk more about it in the chat thread when I’m comfortable to do so. It does mean I won’t be doing any more of these for a while though.

Thanks though :unsmith:

Basically I checked back in and shocked at how many you had done, which to me seemed obsessed and you are spending a lot of time on this.

Not honestly thinking it was a problem just making a joke though.

I sincerely hope you're OK and on the way to getting better.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

StormDrain posted:

Basically I checked back in and shocked at how many you had done, which to me seemed obsessed and you are spending a lot of time on this.

What he said.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

cakesmith handyman posted:

Take any time you need, this thread has been great fun to follow but don't turn it into a chore you hate.

Get well soon dude.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

poo poo, I just saw the update. Take care, Powershift.

If you are looking to do something as you're recovering, take a look at the lovely 'shop here: https://www.motor1.com/news/373775/cadillac-escalade-renderings-groovy-suv/

You'd do a much, much better job.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

StormDrain posted:

Well, your timing was impeccable.

I love doing this stuff. I keep it all on it's own window and hammer one out when the thought hits me. The easier ones like the Jag "actual shooting brake and not just a wagon" or the corvair only take like 2-3 minutes. When i see the result it triggers the thought for the next one, and even my failures create new inspiration.

As far as taking a break, it was because i figured they wouldn't let me move my whole rig into the hospital. I figured right. I had it out with a doctor who made some pretty horrible assumptions that i had to squeeze out of him, but i met a bunch of really awesome people in there, so I'm doing much better in general. Thanks everybody for your caring.

meatpimp posted:

poo poo, I just saw the update. Take care, Powershift.

If you are looking to do something as you're recovering, take a look at the lovely 'shop here: https://www.motor1.com/news/373775/cadillac-escalade-renderings-groovy-suv/

You'd do a much, much better job.

That dude has talent and pretty awesome taste. He also does cool making of stuff which is really going to help me out with some of my more challenging ideas. . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpqFPmj-4fc. I would imagine if that writer found this thread he would poo poo an aneurysm.

The later models of that suburban, however, had stacked headlights, and the suburban has always been about big grilles and big headlights and would have more likely used design language from the eldorado. (I started with a really low res image with this one :( ).

some older ones i don't think i've posted.

I really hope to follow through with this idea in steel one day.

How would you like your last ride to be in an 80s chrysler?

Powershift fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Oct 5, 2019

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Powershift posted:

Well, your timing was impeccable.

I love doing this stuff. I keep it all on it's own window and hammer one out when the thought hits me. The easier ones like the Jag "actual shooting brake and not just a wagon" or the corvair only take like 2-3 minutes. When i see the result it triggers the thought for the next one, and even my failures create new inspiration.

As far as taking a break, it was because i figured they wouldn't let me move my whole rig into the hospital. I figured right. I had it out with a doctor who made some pretty horrible assumptions that i had to squeeze out of him, but i met a bunch of really awesome people in there, so I'm doing much better in general. Thanks everybody for your caring.

That dude has talent and pretty awesome taste. He also does cool making of stuff which is really going to help me out with some of my more challenging ideas. . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpqFPmj-4fc. I would imagine if that writer found this thread he would poo poo an aneurysm.

The later models of that suburban, however, had stacked headlights, and the suburban has always been about big grilles and big headlights and would have more likely used design language from the eldorado. (I started with a really low res image with this one :( ).

I don't think you give yourself enough credit. Your quick Escalade is better than his published one. I like the stacked headlights and the smaller mirrors, it just needs... something... in the side to make it say Cadillac. Maybe running boards and flares, with fender skirts on the rear.

You should absolutely email him a :siren: link to this thread.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Yeah, I'm probably a little more critical of my work because i can see the mistakes as i make them. If i wanted to be a fancy instagram artist with a watermark or whatever i would probably spend a lot more time. Stupid things like this only take about 30 seconds.

But they lead to even dumber things that are more involved, but are gonna be sooooooooooo worth it.........

sooooooooooooooo worth it

Powershift fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Oct 5, 2019

Steely Dad
Jul 29, 2006

WORTH IT

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
Make an Instagram account. I'd follow it. I love the SAD Machines guy's stuff.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

MetaJew posted:

Make an Instagram account. I'd follow it. I love the SAD Machines guy's stuff.

I've never been one for the social medias but i guess it would be good to have this all in an easier to view format.

I'm gonna have to learn to render stuff to do this idea justice.

e:
Okay i did it.

https://www.instagram.com/eac_original_chapter

I'm going to be slowly adding the stuff i've posted here, i'll still probably post everything here first.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Oct 6, 2019

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Followed hard. :eng101:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Seconded!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

God, this new fangled kids technology is confusing.

Justy STi:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Powershift posted:

God, this new fangled kids technology is confusing.

Justy STi:

Hashtags my dude

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

KakerMix posted:

Hashtags my dude

dag namit get off my lawn with your pound signs and your atting

I'm gonna have to organize all my stuff and hopefully find the links to the source images even though that doesn't seem to be a big thing. #kidsthesedays #norespect #itellya #norespect

I'm kind of an idiot not saving things more carefully so i'm going to have to extract a bunch of versions of stuff from the thread. shift + e is erase, ctrl + e is export and automatically overwrites and i get confused in my old age.

Firebird Esprit, gonna have to try again with a turd gen.

Aww hell, it's just a fiero

e: tried doing a modern Mark IV, think i ran out of talent.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Oct 7, 2019

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

I was wondering "what's a JJARMAF?"

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

boxen posted:

I was wondering "what's a JJARMAF?"

I thought Yanmar when I first saw, but no, it's Farmall reversed.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Yeah, i found some old corn pickers in an old farming magazine, and it changed my idea of what wasteland roving war rig could be.

WITNESS ME, BLOODBAG!

E:

If Aston build their Cygnet off the chevy orlando, why do i want this so bad?

what's the best way to get a bunch of stuff from my computer to the instagrams?

Powershift fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Oct 7, 2019

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

:yeshaha:

Powershift posted:

what's the best way to get a bunch of stuff from my computer to the instagrams?

You either have to drag and drop the images to your phone, or you could upload them to Google Drive or something like that and then share it from your phone .

MetaJew fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Oct 7, 2019

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

MetaJew posted:

:yeshaha:

You either have to drag and drop the images to your phone, or you could upload them to Google Drive or something like that and then share it from your phone .

Yeah, i've just been downloading them from the thread after posting but it's a pain in the rear end and i've done so loving many :stare:

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Yeah no idea how the "professional" I N F L U E N C E R S do it. It seems like a huge PITA. Maybe there is some chrome plugin to facilitate it or you could go extra crazy and run an Android emulator on your desktop to then upload the images?

Someone who is tech savvy tell me if that's an easy/viable option.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I tried bluestacks which is like an android cloud thing and it kind of sucks.

If aston went after mini instead of smart:

Nissan Stag

Powershift fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Oct 8, 2019

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Powershift posted:

Yeah, i found some old corn pickers in an old farming magazine, and it changed my idea of what wasteland roving war rig could be.
Are you aware of the existence of forage harvesters
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkgzRyjQ4Gk
It’s basically a lawnmower from hell. Lots of terrifying videos/pictures out there. Might provide some inspiration for... something...

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

david_a posted:

Are you aware of the existence of forage harvesters
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkgzRyjQ4Gk
It’s basically a lawnmower from hell. Lots of terrifying videos/pictures out there. Might provide some inspiration for... something...

Well aware.

It just doesn't look automotive enough, whereas a 2 row cornpicker could pass for a beefy cow catcher.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Powershift posted:

Well aware.

It just doesn't look automotive enough, whereas a 2 row cornpicker could pass for a beefy cow catcher.
lol

What about sugar cane harvesters?

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

It's a modern-day Fiat 600 Multipla :3:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Instagram is kind of horrible in the way it puts all the numbers right in your face and stuff. I can see why kids lose their minds, as they can now put a firm number on their popularity . It's also a nice little dopamine hit when a talented artist likes something i made and i can see how that could become a need rather than a nice little surprise if i was doing this for anything but my own amusement. Still, with the way i half-assedly save all my files and the common failure of image hosting sites, it's good to have these all in one permanent place. Some day aliens are gonna find it and think we were cooler than we actually are.

Somebody get me a gyroscope!

I understand this is just a reliant rebel but i had to do it anyways

because it was then a short trip to this

stg, stag, staag

I can't get gifs to work right :(

Triumph Fawn :3:

Powershift fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Oct 8, 2019

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Want the harvester pickup, LC400, and SC400 wagon (SW400? WC400?)

For gifs, use one of the online gif editors and adjust the timing between frames until it feels right. They usually have a preview before you commit. Might be able to do a smoother fade transition on some of the fancier editors.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
A few photos I took of cars in Japan a few years ago. Pls make photo chops if any of them are good enough.

Sorry if the bokeh is egregious.

http://imgur.com/a/hk1ZHuF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

MetaJew posted:

A few photos I took of cars in Japan a few years ago. Pls make photo chops if any of them are good enough.

Sorry if the bokeh is egregious.

http://imgur.com/a/hk1ZHuF

How can i do better than a boot-ad covered hatchback towing a giant boot? That Ferrari pic is amazing, by the way.

I did a couple in cat jail, but imgur is being mean about uploading like 800 high res images.

this is my favorite one because it makes me laugh every time.

I also found this guy who is crazy good https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjsdcKQw29A

instagram.com/rainprisk

He has such an amazing understanding of color and light.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwChOPQnVsU/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

and even better taste.

e: slowly adding the other new stuff here. there seems to be an hourly limit

https://imgur.com/a/EffXcbN

Powershift fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Oct 15, 2019