Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Luxrage posted:

Like I said before that Lockhorns timing was too good:
Lockhorn Winkerbean

Nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

davidspackage posted:

Oh no

Is Mary Worth going to convince Estelle to stick with Wilbur cause he's better than an internet fraud?

No, they're going to split up, Wilbur will become a girl drink drunk, then careen his car off a cliff with a bottle of copyright non-infringing Jartles & Bames in his hand. Estelle will begin hoarding cats and descend further into madness.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Overboard on May 9th, 2005: the first time Charlie gardened.

Overall I'd say the past few years of the strip have been good if not great - the jokes have shifted focus to Louie and the absurdity of pirate life and way less on the guys getting dumped over and over and over. It's more of a feel-good strip by now and I appreciate it.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
why is the pirate gardener wearing a tie

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

(thank you for your service in reading thru the archives)

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

Garfield

Heathcliff

Overboard

Monty

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Buni

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Retail

Uunngghh of Adventure

Get Fuzzy 10/5-10/6, 1999

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Selachian posted:

Uunngghh of Adventure

... It's like he starting drawing from the feet up, got to the top of the panel, and realized there wasn't enough room for a head, but instead of redrawing it or changing the layout, he just squeezed an itty-bitty head in there and called it a day.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

It's kind of fun how "a stereotypical genie" became basically Disney version with one or two different details.

(Disney's genie didn't really introduce anything new that hadn't been done before, but it still pretty much locked the design down)

Sometimes I wish I had unlimited free time so I could do comprehensive analysis about genies in cartoons & comics before and after 1992.

Kennel fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Oct 8, 2019

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set doesn't need to yell.

Working Daze has a bad motivator, look.

Super-Fun-Pak Comix is a metaphor.

Cul De Sac is an influencer.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
BCN

Phoebe

Wallace

Curtis

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
My Dad is Dracula (6/12/19)

Pickles

Zits

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Professor Wayne posted:

My Dad is Dracula (6/12/19)

Pickles

Zits

S he had time to take the pencil out of her mouth set it down take off her glasses set them down respond to his prompt, then time to place the glasses back on and return the pencil to her mouth before jeremy follwoed up
scorgman you're better than this!!!!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Star Wars is saved by space truckers

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
The Lockhorns

Brewster Rockit Space Guy

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

The Kevin & Kell site isn't loading again

Mother Goose & Grimm

Hagar THe Horrible

Sherman's Lagoon

Frazz

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
SPOOKY FORTH

Skippy (June 7, 1932)

Peanuts (October 9, 1972)

CrankOHNONONONONONONONO

Seriously, Am I Going To Have To Separate You Two?

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater (May 7, 1936)

Out Our Way (April 17-19, 1933)

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Yvonmukluk posted:

Bad Machinery

It looks like they're skipping over The Big Hiatus. But you can find it here, if you are so inclined, it has some great stuff, as well as providing insight into events that happened between The Case of The Modern Men & The Case of The Missing Piece. There's also a link to Bobbins Into The Woods at the start, which is kind of deep dive into the continuity but is also good.

And here's the last story cover from the Bad Machinery website:

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

EasyEW posted:

Just as a reminder, the New York Times article said the Bull Bushka story was scheduled to run for ten weeks.

:siren: WELCOME TO WEEK FIVE. :siren:

How's Linda dealing with it? You'll have to wait a little longer, because it's time for The Misery Artist to elbow his way onto the stage!

Oh, gently caress off, lady. "Oh, I'm so famous I thought it was my duty to come bring some class to this lame little small-town funeral." Even by Batiuk standards, that is deeply conceited and tone-deaf.

amigolupus posted:

It's my first time being exposed to Wilbur and Dawn, are they always this terrible at relationships?

Wilbur and Dawn are a delicious and unending cavalcade of terrible romantic choices and subsequent regret.

EasyEW posted:

Seriously, Am I Going To Have To Separate You Two?

THIS IS THE THIRD TIME I CAN THINK OF SINCE EDDA GOT PREGNANT THAT WE'VE BEEN SUBJECTED TO THE CHICKWEED BABIES LEARNING ABOUT loving AND I BARELY PAY ATTENTION TO THIS STRIP.

God, you would hope that by the time they're getting around to failing their first test that at least they'd know the name of the class they're in.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Oh no :( Her owners moved off and just left her there.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Johnny Aztec posted:

Oh no :( Her owners moved off and just left her there.

YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW ALONE YOU ARE, GOLDIE

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

EasyEW posted:

CrankOHNONONONONONONONO

By the end of 2019, somehow every comic posted here will have had a pregnancy arc. Holbrook must have some serious dirt on everyone.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

FrumpleOrz posted:

The Lockhorns

:lmbo:

EasyEW posted:

CrankOHNONONONONONONONO

You rear end in a top hat, you selfish, shriveled melon of a waste bag, you diseased cube

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

FrumpleOrz posted:

On The Fastrack

I guess this is the stopped clock strip, because this is what happens at companies where they do the stupid hot desks thing.

The Dinette Set aims high.

Working Daze needs to loving learn that REFERENCES AREN'T JOKES.

Super-Fun-Pak Comix really understands me.

Cul De Sac crosses over with Retail.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
:siren: drat Straight, The Funky Quarantine Is Still In Effect. :siren:

Say what you will about Lisa's story, but at least she wasn't comedy relief at her own funeral.

curtadams
Mar 24, 2019

amigolupus posted:

It's my first time being exposed to Wilbur and Dawn, are they always this terrible at relationships?
They're usually worse. Wilbur's previous relationship was a scam by a foreign woman pretending to be in love to get him to buy jewelry for her (successfully) and with his relationship before that he dumped her and then stalked her after she took up with a hot younger man.

Dawn's last two relationships IIRC were with a married man and her teacher.

So, by their miserable standards a hopeless long-distance relationship and being insensitive to their partner's interests are an improvement.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Crankshaft

Fred Basset

Frog Applause

Reply All

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

EasyEW posted:

Out Our Way (April 17-19, 1933)

Just get the kid to read Thimble Theater, that should learn him on the benefits of spinach!

In today's Corto Maltese: Communication through drumming is a technique that was exercised in South America and Africa; in a pre-telecommunications era, it allowed for the transmission of news at a rate of approximately 100 mph - and with much less effort than using a messanger, or That's one tenacious tank if it managed to cross the Atlantic, or Time to make a good first impression. Though I would recommend you do something about those whiskers, mate

And in today's Dieter Lumpen: Occidentalism is a curious thing to observe, coming from a country that is considered one of the 'Western' countries, or Time for a rest stop!, or Dieter feels like someone just walked over his grave. And to make things worse, it was himself!

ukonvasara
Aug 16, 2012

a mixture of gravity and waggery

Julet Esqu posted:

Oh, gently caress off, lady. "Oh, I'm so famous I thought it was my duty to come bring some class to this lame little small-town funeral." Even by Batiuk standards, that is deeply conceited and tone-deaf.

Ahaha oh, no, it's much stupider than that--it's that she was so popular in high school that of course she had to return for her former classmate's funeral (and bring her boyfriend, who is ostensibly a legitimate Hollywood leading man and has definitely never met Bull).

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Comics Kingdom sucks at updating on time comix

Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Viivi & Wagner

:nws: https://i.imgur.com/B4bN4Qy.gif :nws:

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Tiggum posted:

Crankshaft

My natural impulse to scroll past Crankshaft almost worked against me, here.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Judge Parker

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (Mar. 16, 2008)

Arlo and Janis Classic (Mar. 16, 1998)

Garfield Classic (Mar. 16, 1988)

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

oh boyce, you have never been more wrong about a technology

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Pastry of the Year posted:

Arlo and Janis Classic (Mar. 16, 1998)

This doesn't bode well.

Arlo. My boy. Listen.

1. Tell Janis about this "arrangement", making it clear that there's nothing skeevy going on from your side.
2. Ask Faye outright exactly where she's going with this "friendship".

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Yvonmukluk posted:

Bad Machinery

Was there a mystery in the last story? Because I feel like there was less mystery in the mystery-solving teens than I have become used to. I still enjoyed it. I just feel I missed something.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

the mystery is family

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Yvonmukluk posted:

It looks like they're skipping over The Big Hiatus. But you can find it here, if you are so inclined, it has some great stuff, as well as providing insight into events that happened between The Case of The Modern Men & The Case of The Missing Piece. There's also a link to Bobbins Into The Woods at the start, which is kind of deep dive into the continuity but is also good.

Man, it sucks they're skipping over The Big Hiatus. It's one of the few stories where Sonny gets any focus at all. :mad:

gleebster posted:

Was there a mystery in the last story? Because I feel like there was less mystery in the mystery-solving teens than I have become used to. I still enjoyed it. I just feel I missed something.

The lack of mystery was the "Missing Piece".

Julet Esqu posted:

Wilbur and Dawn are a delicious and unending cavalcade of terrible romantic choices and subsequent regret.

curtadams posted:

They're usually worse. Wilbur's previous relationship was a scam by a foreign woman pretending to be in love to get him to buy jewelry for her (successfully) and with his relationship before that he dumped her and then stalked her after she took up with a hot younger man.

Dawn's last two relationships IIRC were with a married man and her teacher.

So, by their miserable standards a hopeless long-distance relationship and being insensitive to their partner's interests are an improvement.

That sounds amazing. So basically they're the best worst characters. :allears:

EasyEW posted:

:siren: drat Straight, The Funky Quarantine Is Still In Effect. :siren:

At least give the man some loving respect in his own funeral and stop treating him like a gag, goddamn! Bragging about doing a story about CTE and then devolving into this is just :barf:

I've never seen it, but was Cancerwife treated as the butt of all jokes in her own funeral?

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Julet Esqu posted:

God, you would hope that by the time they're getting around to failing their first test that at least they'd know the name of the class they're in.

What a lovely teacher (who is also drawn in such a different style it kinda weirds me out).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I really wonder what precedes "so if you don't like your test score, work harder".