Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I think there is a strong chance they run an Austin show since it's fairly central to both San Antonio and Houston and it's a city the Rhodeses have a huge affinity for. Is the Frank still around or was it torn down already?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I feel like the Frank Erwin Center might be too big for AEW right now, its only 2K smaller than the Capitol One Center.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

There's also that arena in cedar park that the Texas Stars play in

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I feel like the Frank Erwin Center might be too big for AEW right now, its only 2K smaller than the Capitol One Center.

They'd fill it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

El Generico posted:

It's only a problem if you're bad at booking long term. It's a good, important thing for wins and losses to matter. It would be really dumb if I could beat Michael Nakazawa five times and be 5-0 and get a world title shot because of my W/L record alone. Of course the quality of wins would matter.

There's a part of me that wants someone to beat a bunch of Local Talent and build a huge win streak, only to be told they're poo poo wins so they don't get a title shot.

AKA the UCF gambit.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Yeah, W/L record mattering doesn't mean that 'Cody only has 47 wins compared to Mox's 48, therefore Cody never gets a title match ever again'. It means 'Darby Allin beat 3 top guys in the last month, maybe this puts him in line for a shot at the champ'.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
i just want darby wearing the aew world title when he skates off a bigass sculpture into traffic again.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Endless Mike posted:

There's a part of me that wants someone to beat a bunch of Local Talent and build a huge win streak, only to be told they're poo poo wins so they don't get a title shot.

AKA the UCF gambit.

MJF brings in Scott Putski and Barry Darsow to pad out his wins.

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost

Low Desert Punk posted:

Omega interference to move along the Mox feud

This has got to be a given, and if it leads to a loss for Mox at least that explains his absence from the title picture for a bit longer.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

MJF brings in Scott Putski and Barry Darsow to pad out his wins.

quote:

Japanese bandAural Vampireproduced a song called "The Repoman" and use video footage of Darsow and other wrestlers in live performances. FormerRing of Honor performer Adam Pearceis often heckled by fans who call him "Repo Man" because he looks similar to Darsow. At one match in 2007, at the pay-per-view taping forDriven, againstTakeshi Morishima, Pearce pulled a mask similar to the Repo Man's out of his tights and put it on to the delight of the crowd.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
I would love it if they spent six months giving a pay check to every indy jobber and retired wrestler to pad MJF's win/loss record. Give Jake the Sanem a pile of Khanbucks to take a single punch and a pin one week. Have MJF claim a "count out" victory over Rowdy Roddy Piper the next week.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Kodo Fuyuki's ashes defeated Hashimoto, so MJF should face those for a real challenge

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Don't do them shits

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It's amazing to see how WWE's booking has left everyone brokebrained. Shawn Spears can deal with a loss to Mox if he puts on a competitive showing like Sammy Guevara or Nyla Rose. Everyone complains about WWE's 50/50 booking and then turns around and starts acting like the exact same things are needed in AEW.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
We need to look into the mirror as a society if we are really advocating that Shawn Spears needs a win

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
tye dillinger should never win a match in aew. he stinks. he's a bad wrestler, and if you believe the rumors, a really bad person who i wouldn't let near my children

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
Mox is gonna saw sawzall Tye Dillenger

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I honestly doubt that match starts and if it does start Shawn absolutely should lose or win by a DQ because Omega runs in. The world needs jobbers. You keep Shawn looking good by having him look competitive in the match.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
saaaaaaawzaaaaaaaalll yall

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!

Gumball Gumption posted:

I honestly doubt that match starts and if it does start Shawn absolutely should lose or win by a DQ because Omega runs in. The world needs jobbers. You keep Shawn looking good by having him look competitive in the match.

Pretty much this. Shawn has said himself he doesn't care if he "wins" in a worked sport, he cares about looking credible to the audience.

Edit: He also has the potential to be a King of AEW DARK.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I think that Spears is going to end up being a strong midcard player once things shake out. No way would you bring Tully in for a manager spot with a jobber.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Gumball Gumption posted:

CM Punk run-in and beat-down of MOX. Second heel stable still creeping in shadows

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

You know why they call it a sawzall?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Because it saws all

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

Dango Bango posted:

That BTE video was great and I love them calling out Page to set up the angle for the tag match. Especially with his response "I didn't know - I was in the main locker room not the special EVP one".

Also, the behind the scenes of the entrances and the pop for Dustin's run-in was really cool to see :3:

I loved the behind the scenes stuff too! I liked how pumped up Omega was watching the Women's title match.

Glad with Dark I have something to look forward to on Tuesdays now.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
what time do the dark shows drop? can i show cima vs allin to my coworkers first thing in the morning?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I am so jazzed to watch Dynamite on Wednesday. That card looks sick as hell and I really want to see everything on it.

The comparison helps, too.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
Does TSN Direct just have live feeds of their actual channels or is it just select programs? I don't want to get cable.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

If Jimmy Havoc wins I'm cancelling AEW

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Does TSN Direct just have live feeds of their actual channels or is it just select programs? I don't want to get cable.

from their website:

"Will TSN Direct provide the same programming as TSN airs on television?

TSN Direct provides the same programming youd watch on TSN with a cable subscription. Youll have access to TSNs five feeds, as well as exclusive bonus streams, and on demand content."

Sounds like it's the feeds of the channels.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

yea ok posted:

If Jimmy Havoc wins I'm cancelling AEW

Jericho needs some easy defenses

(Darby will win. Comedy option is Havoc joins Jericho's team over it)

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Jimmy Havoc's like the one guy who really has negative drawing power for me with AEW. I'm just not into the idea of that match or him getting a title shot at all (easy defense of course, but still, not one I care to watch).

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

https://twitter.com/aewrestling/status/1181342930671456258?s=21

Holy poo poo Evans & Angelico have a team name and it is The Hybrid 2.

Lead Pipe Cinch fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Oct 8, 2019

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
Jimmy Havoc is good, fuckos

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

https://twitter.com/aewrestling/status/1181340479268499457?s=21

Holy poo poo Evans & Angelico have a team name and it is The Hybrid 2.

it should be The Energetic Monsters because all i can think of when i look at their gear are cans of Monster Energy Drink

which is a perfect gimmick for the two of them, really, there just need to be vignettes of them doing motocross and poo poo

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I just want to say:

Marq Quen owns so loving hard. The fact he starts every match with his shades on and wrestles in them, hitting as many moves as he can before he loses them...I absolutely think he is the truth (not that one).

Absolutely love him. Future star.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

Jimmy Havoc's like the one guy who really has negative drawing power for me with AEW.

dude really is an efed wrestler come to life. he's loving awful.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I wasn't into Havoc until the cracker barrel match and he finally let loose and didn't take himself too seriously and now I'm a fan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

WatermelonGun posted:

Jimmy Havoc is good, fuckos

Agreed. Is the problem that everyone has only seen him in MLW where everybody is incredibly boring? Or am I just in the minority on this one?