Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Daily Expenses of a Certain NEET

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Next arc: The Daily Life of a Certain BFC Neet.

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

Mr. Steak posted:

i had to reteach myself how to do long division for this update.

You could have just translated it into short division instead...

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Big Mackson posted:

i am yelling BANKAI!!!! constanstly in my head since he came out of jail. Idk if japan is more of a physical cash society :/

He has to reach Shikai first, and he's a long way from that

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

impressive... so jail does work?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
The daily life of a certain accountant

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Looking forward to Tohru's death

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

Glenn Quebec posted:

Looking forward to Tohru's death

Jeez, that’s probably it, huh? The prison segment jumped forward over a long time. Maybe each arc ends at his death?

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
That's how it always ends.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

FormaldehydeSon posted:

impressive... so jail does work?

we'll see. I'm guessing reintegrating into society isn't necessarily gonna be smooth sailing. who's going to hire him? how's he going to get an apartment? a government ID? I rather doubt there's some kind of jobs program in Japan for people in his position

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Ooh, maybe the author's gonna do an 'all roads lead to rome' sort of ending, a meditation on the futility of life.

All is dust.
Ramen dust.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i mean, seeing as we've already seen a path (the "stay a neet" one) end before he dies, so that already breaks the pattern. if we're talking the endings of lengthy routes, only 2 have ever actually ended so far (both in the criminal half. the criminal half of the site is entirely complete), so lol

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Steak posted:

(the criminal half of the site is entirely complete)

speaking of which, it was really serendipitous that y'all voted for this choice first, since one of these paths didnt even end until after we were well into the criminal route, so i wouldnt have even known this would turn out so neat and tidy.

edit: and now im thinking about how even when i translate everything on the site, i'll have to keep updating once a day forever until the dude finishes the site 💀

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Mr. Steak posted:

speaking of which, it was really serendipitous that y'all voted for this choice first, since one of these paths didnt even end until after we were well into the criminal route, so i wouldnt have even known this would turn out so neat and tidy.

edit: and now im thinking about how even when i translate everything on the site, i'll have to keep updating once a day forever until the dude finishes the site 💀

Speaking of I wonder if the author has stumbled across this. If he has I implore him to add more hand lettering and sound effects :getin:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Resting Lich Face posted:

Speaking of I wonder if the author has stumbled across this. If he has I implore him to add more hand lettering and sound effects :getin:

and obscure japanese memes

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Mr. Steak posted:

You know, you could just translate everything that's currently available right now and then just take a nice long break

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Devils Affricate posted:

You know, you could just translate everything that's currently available right now and then just take a nice long break

First of all how dare you treat him like a human being

Higgy
Jul 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Thinkin about that part-time job branch

Hot Stunt
Oct 2, 2009

Higgy posted:

Thinkin about that part-time job branch

Maybe part-timer Tohru works at a ramen place and that's why the other ex-con thought he recognised him from there.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Hot Stunt posted:

Maybe part-timer Tohru works at a ramen place and that's why the other ex-con thought he recognised him from there.

That would be loving amazing.

Higgy
Jul 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Hot Stunt posted:

:pusheen:

A_Account
Nov 29, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mr. Steak posted:

i had to reteach myself how to do long division

Just retaught dividing quadratics using long division yesterday, makes me feel ancient. Handy to have but why didn't you just use a calculator?

A_Account fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Oct 9, 2019

A_Account
Nov 29, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Delete

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cuz i had to write out long division in the update, dumbass

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Mr. Steak posted:

lol

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi

Mr. Steak posted:

and now im thinking about how even when i translate everything on the site, i'll have to keep updating once a day forever until the dude finishes the site 💀

:yeshaha:

A_Account
Nov 29, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mr. Steak posted:

I read the long division and all, my mind and maths aren't working at full capacity at the moment. Sorry.

Higgy
Jul 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

A_Account posted:

I read the long division and all, my mind and maths aren't working at full capacity at the moment. Sorry.

More like A_Accountant

Defenistrator
Mar 27, 2007
Ask me about my burritos
Tohru should sell his rear end

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

Mr. Steak posted:

so i wouldnt have even known this would turn out so NEET and tidy.

:goonsay:

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Defenistrator posted:

Tohru should sell his rear end

Hes a Japanese felon not Shrek; he doesn't have a donkey.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Steak fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Oct 9, 2019

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed
Time for the daily life of a NEET getting in on a vacant home program in rural Japan followed by the daily life of a NEET trying to run a hobby farm.

That said there really is free real estate.*

*=a litany of terms and conditions apply, not actually that free: https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/22/japan-free-homes-empty-houses-given-away-and-sold-cheap.html

SerCypher
May 10, 2006

Gay baby jail...? What the hell?

I really don't like the sound of that...
Fun Shoe

:five:

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the next couple dozen updates need sooooo much translation and handwriting work 💀💀💀💀

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.

Mr. Steak posted:

the next couple dozen updates need sooooo much translation and handwriting work 💀💀💀💀

:colbert:

A_Account
Nov 29, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mr. Steak posted:

You're saying this like it's our problem..?

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Steak posted:

Better get started then!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Mr. Steak posted:

That sounds like a 'you' problem.