Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Powerrr was such a fun show! That studio setting is such a breath of fresh air and makes it feel so unique. gently caress yeah, NWA. Ya did a good one. Now keep it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

You're absolutely right about that. TNA runs venues bigger than this and fills them, but they look low-rent anyway because it looks like they're trying to be WWE and failing, whereas this looks like it's small and intimate on purpose.

I really hope this succeeds.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

surf rock posted:

Oh my god the Perfect Storm is maybe the worst finisher I've ever seen

That's the Tim Storm charm.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Man, what a pleasant surprise. Everything about that hour was fun and well-executed. Love the aesthetic. Love fallin' into the fyah.

Definitely gonna be watching this every week.

Wrestling is so loving good.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

This show was loving fantastic. I felt like a kid again.

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

That was fuckin awesome

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

god drat that was one hell of a flashback

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

i can't believe billy corgan made the NWA relevant and good again

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I’m watching the whole thing now. It’s amazing. On so many levels. I wanna know what hole they pulled Saul Renarro out of. I like the big bois they promo real good.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

My only complaint with the show is Cornette on commentary because he's poo poo at everythibg and I hate his schtick.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Austin Idol done lost his drat mind

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

This is really the weirdest loving timeline, but they definitely nailed what they were going for.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

AEW’s real competition is the NWA.

I’m seriously thinking about getting that Aldis DVD set. How did I end up like this?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
aldis' accent is so weird. he almost sounds Australian

I have no idea why this show works but it does.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

coconono posted:

I’m seriously thinking about getting that Aldis DVD set. How did I end up like this?
It was only a kiss?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

In that preview clip posted a few pages ago, Corgan seems to be really emphasizing to them to realize that they're not going to be a big league competitor, rather just to stick to what they are and not try to be another WWE/AEW.

Honestly that's as good a foundation as any to at least start from. I'm still not entirely sure how this is expected to make money (or just break even) but it seems like a solid enough start.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Just caught up on the show, it's cheesy and low-rent and and c-tier and those all work in its favor because it's an incredibly charming, fun and kitschy show and I really enjoyed watching it. Aldis/Storm was kind of underwhelming but I love Aldis being a piece of poo poo in the postmatch interview.

loving Dokken theme song :vince:

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Yeah they really nailed that old school feel. So well that it felt weird there wasn't a ton of VHS distortion happening. Fun show.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I keep going back to thinking that this show should be on ESPN classic and do a crossover episode with Cheap Seats.

I don't know what that says about my brain.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Royce Isaacs has the shittiest gear I’ve ever seen

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I was happily impressed for the most part

By for the most part, I of course mean except for the part where they keep bullying my man Jocephus :negative:

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo

Hellblazer187 posted:

My only complaint with the show is Cornette on commentary because he's poo poo at everythibg and I hate his schtick.

You want Cornette gone? Get Dairy Queen to sponsor.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Wrestling in 2019 is cool and good. I enjoy things.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oh539xjwMI

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
Watching Powerrr right now why the gently caress is this so good holy poo poo.

It's going for a very specific style and hitting it with such gusto.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

http://universalwrestlingcollege.com/

the austin idol wrestling college website is phenomenal

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!
Watching POWERRR right now and good lord I love it already. It's mashing all my 1980s nostalgia buttons. Now I have AEW and NJPW for the big event feel, and NWA POWERRR for that smaller (and wonderfully cheesy) vibe. Very happy camper here. Wrestling is so much fun again :)

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Everything about this show is perfect

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began

DJExile posted:

http://universalwrestlingcollege.com/

the austin idol wrestling college website is phenomenal

I knew I was getting old when I saw people asking about this 'fake commercial with a guy calling himself Austin Idol'

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
mmm im going to watch this
i loving love dokken
jim cornette its really red
they pulled off the 80s jcp feel but the interview set looks really cheap
holly gently caress kamille
nick aldis has 0 charisma he shouldnt quote the nature boy imo, nice promo
nwa will be the big bois league? nice. the dawson its already better than every tag team in the wwe
signing up to austin idol wrestling school
the fake audience sound its bad
shut the gently caress up about other promotions cornette
the love for storm its ironic right? the guy is trash and looks like george liquor from ren and stimpy

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ganso Bomb posted:

Powerrr was such a fun show! That studio setting is such a breath of fresh air and makes it feel so unique. gently caress yeah, NWA. Ya did a good one. Now keep it up.

I LOVED it. So good

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

the love for storm its ironic right? the guy is trash and looks like george liquor from ren and stimpy

he owns, actually

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Don't know which Storm you mean so I'll answer about both:

Tim Storm rules

James Storm is trash, but Beer Money was good and had one of the better TNA entrance themes

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
tim

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
"Tim Storm looks like George Liquor from Ren & Stimpy" - a sentence uttered by someone who doesn't think Tim Storm is awesome, what the hell.

Tim Storm was the champ when the NWA was at its lowest, it's good they gave him something as big a deal as the main event on the first show. He is obviously not going to be the future of the business much less the D-tier wrestling promotion, but it's good they let him go out with a little bit of a hero's farewell.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

they somehow made Eli Drake....charismatic. Absolutely baffled how this show is so good.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

pathetic little tramp posted:

"Tim Storm looks like George Liquor from Ren & Stimpy" - a sentence uttered by someone who doesn't think Tim Storm is awesome, what the hell.

welp, I'll never unsee this now

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

and the nwa is officially overrated

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
the only thing that could make this better is doing the bizarre AWA team challenge fake entrance thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Flex Kavana
https://twitter.com/TheRock/status/1181985618202521600