Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Vagabundo posted:

That's the biggest winning margin. The highest score is still the 145 posted by the All Blacks against Japan back in 1995.

Oh 145-17. Yeah I remember trying to recreate that scoreline in Jonah Lomu Rugby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

I know it's always the way but it's frustrating that there are only 2 pool matches left that mean anything. I really hope they don't add more teams any time soon.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Raffles posted:

I know it's always the way but it's frustrating that there are only 2 pool matches left that mean anything. I really hope they don't add more teams any time soon.
Alternatively add more teams and only have 1 monster team per group. For example sticking NZ and South Africa in the same group where the top 2 go through renders the whole thing pointless. If there were say 8 groups and each group contained one of SA, NZ, Australia, England, Wales, Ireland, France, Scotland - then you'd have interesting games right up until the end.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Raffles posted:

If they added more teams it would likely mean shift (back) to four team groups, so there would be fewer dead rubbers. And would also get rid of the ridiculous asymmetric turnarounds some teams face.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

I see your point, but all you're doing is then adding an extra knockout round that'll also be a procession for most teams.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
I'd love to see a plate and/or bowl at the world cup, give the tier 2 nations a chance at winning something and interest past the groups.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

MyChemicalImbalance posted:

I'd love to see a plate and/or bowl at the world cup, give the tier 2 nations a chance at winning something and interest past the groups.

Yeah they could even just do a semis and finals for the teams that come 3rd in each group.

Well hopefully Canada can put up a fight against Namibia. Unfortunately I'll be really surprised if Canada makes the 2023 world Cup at this point, it's not like things are trending up and there are few real prospects coming through. With Uruguay's improvement we will have to go through the repechage again probably.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
With Major League Rugby in the States I'm hoping more Canadians team join up. For rugby to really built up we need a consistent league that brings the fans in, brings the money in for development, and grows the game.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

COME ON YOU YANKS

Looks like most of one end zone is entirely elementary school kids as well :unsmith:

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

America were alright. Pretty good watching game in the end. Like a good backs game where trundling forwards don’t knock on/endlessly run into the same two guys/trip and fall over/try to run 80m to the line/spend the game with furrowed brows wondering why the small buzzing shapes screaming for the ball are wearing the same colours as them

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:
Hastings is gunning for Reinachs hatrick record already.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

Chwyldro Dawnsio Dawns
They can just send Finn Russell home now, right?

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

The question is though, how are they going to manage to Scotland this up when they’re up at 60-0

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
This ITV stream is poo poo. It just keeps looping the kick into the Russian 22 over and over

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Scotland playing with real Flower (of Scotland) Power.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They should get 50+ if they don't decide that the bonus point is enough and fanny about.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

I'm beginning to think Russia are bad can anyone c/d?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Or maybe they'll get 80.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The European >=10th best side, bad?

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

bessantj posted:

I'm beginning to think Russia are bad can anyone c/d?

They can't be too bad if they managed to hire Lyn Jones, fresh from his stint coaching Namibian giants Welwitschias.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

stavros880 posted:

They can't be too bad if they managed to hire Lyn Jones, fresh from his stint coaching Namibian giants Welwitschias.

Has a history with the Dragons as well, where he brought in another coaching titan Kingsley Jones.

Bit late but Nel really should have kept the ball and run in the try himself.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
V sloppy now. Unfortunate.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

Chwyldro Dawnsio Dawns
Oh, gently caress off, Barnes.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He was feeling sorry for the Russians all through the last quarter.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

I was feeling sorry for the Russians since Seymour's try.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Great win for Scotland, niled two teams in a row now, will boost the confidence of the defence.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

bessantj posted:

Great win for Scotland, niled two teams in a row now, will boost the confidence of the defence.

Scotland have now niled the most teams in World Cups with 5. Though most of those were when they were actually good.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

So the typhoon is still gathering steam and set to hit Saturday afternoon. The games to watch for interruptions are, in order, England-France on Saturday, and then Namibia-Canada and Japan-Scotland on Sunday — and it might not just be bad weather for the game but causing the transit to be stopped. (The other games are farther south and it’s the Tokyo area and northeastern Japan that are forecast to get the brunt of it).

Will keep an eye on it, while also hiding out in my own apartment.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I'm flying home from Narita Sunday morning so good timing on my part.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

harperdc posted:

So the typhoon is still gathering steam and set to hit Saturday afternoon. The games to watch for interruptions are, in order, England-France on Saturday, and then Namibia-Canada and Japan-Scotland on Sunday — and it might not just be bad weather for the game but causing the transit to be stopped. (The other games are farther south and it’s the Tokyo area and northeastern Japan that are forecast to get the brunt of it).

Will keep an eye on it, while also hiding out in my own apartment.

We're they not thinking about changing venues if the disruption would cancel a game?

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

bessantj posted:

We're they not thinking about changing venues if the disruption would cancel a game?

Maybe Japan will just cancel Japan vs Scotland to get the draw and go through to the quarters! Typhoon is a fiendish Japanese plot.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Mister Chief posted:

I'm flying home from Narita Sunday morning so good timing on my part.

It’s supposed to be hitting Saturday afternoon, and the last typhoon in early September backed up train and road traffic to Narita for a couple days.

Haven’t heard anything about changing the locations yet.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
lol good start there for Wales.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Fiji continue to be Welsh kryptonite.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Vaders Jester posted:

Fiji continue to be Welsh kryptonite.

Eh, Wales usually beat Fiji in the World Cup. Samoa they have a problem with.

Though they seem to be playing Fiji's game.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Ken Owens is going to the bin here surely.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

That's a yellow at least.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

lol yes!!

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

Chwyldro Dawnsio Dawns
I had to take the bins out WHAT THE gently caress?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys
Wales are getting pumped at the moment. Sean Edwards is going to tear into them at half time.