Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Cannibal The Musical is still great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
i would honestly much rather watch something preachy than something deliberately bland and pointless which is why south park always beat simpsons in the power rankings for me when im playing cable roulette at least bad south park episodes are usually bad in an interesting way

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

theres probably more good seasons of south park than there are of the simpsons at this point

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

I stopped watching South Park after they did that anti WGA episode, about what a decade ago now? Tough I did buy their latest videogame because I heard it was a good tactics RPG

KomradeX has issued a correction as of 21:34 on Oct 9, 2019

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Farm Frenzy posted:

theres probably more good seasons of south park than there are of the simpsons at this point

there aren’t even that many good episodes of south park as good Simpson seasons

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

get that OUT of my face posted:

i hear that they've recently toned down with putting out a lot of the political perspective episodes, is that true? if nothing else, we have Scott Tenorman and Faith Plus One

i have no idea i haven't watched southpark in years

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Upmarket Mango posted:

from what I’ve seen cartman has gone from being a outright nazi shithead to being “woke” and pc to the point of parody but I don’t watch it regularly so maybe the nazi stuff is still there too somewhere

tbf from i what remember cartman being a nazi wasn't them trying to endorse nazis

just like if he is woke now it's clearly them making GBS threads on woke culture

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I know they backpedaled on manbearpig but the damage with that has been done. (Al Gore is still bad though for mostly unrelated reasons...)

I still kind of view Trey and Matt as a lesser evil than Seth MacFarlane.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Echo Chamber posted:

I know they backpedaled on manbearpig but the damage with that has been done. (Al Gore is still bad though for mostly unrelated reasons...)

Seth MacFarlane is clearly at a point where he hates family Guy and only does it because it gives him the money and the pull with fox to do whatever other dumb bullshit he wants to do, like his live action TNG fanfic show

Serf
May 5, 2011

the orville is quite good in spite of mcfarlane

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Seth MacFarlane is clearly at a point where he hates family Guy and only does it because it gives him the money and the pull with fox to do whatever other dumb bullshit he wants to do, like his live action TNG fanfic show
He made lazy, edgelord money for decades and keeps shoving himself down everyone's throat.

He's essentially Bill Maher in the "be a racist edgelord but always flatter liberal power to build your insufferable brand" kind of way. This is probably why I find him more loathsome than Trey and Matt.

gently caress Seth MacFarlane. He's not "one of the good ones".

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Echo Chamber posted:

He made lazy, edgelord money for decades and keeps shoving himself down everyone's throat.

He's essentially Bill Maher in the "be a racist edgelord but always flatter liberal power to build your insufferable brand" kind of way. This is probably why I find him more loathsome than Trey and Matt.

gently caress Seth MacFarlane. He's not "one of the good ones".

I didn't say he was a good one at all, he loving sucks, I just think he hates that he's permanently hitched to a thing that sucks even for him

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I'm on record as saying the second thing I do with a time machine is make sure he catches his flight from Boston to NY

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

trey and matt have garbage politics and are incredibly insufferable whenever they get even a little preachy but they are legit funny and talented at times which is more than anyone can say about macfarlane

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I didn't say he was a good one at all, he loving sucks, I just think he hates that he's permanently hitched to a thing that sucks even for him

is he even still involved in FG besides voice poo poo? i'd just make sure its all pawned off as much as possible and lazily record a few lines for brian or w/e once a week

but yeah it owns

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Percelus posted:

trey and matt have garbage politics and are incredibly insufferable whenever they get even a little preachy but they are legit funny and talented at times which is more than anyone can say about macfarlane

The South Park movie is fuckin great

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Echo Chamber posted:

Trey & Matt pioneered "message first, laughs second" comedy, while MacFarlene did the same with "reference as the joke" comedy. both are essential parts of bad mainstream comedy today

so they're both terrible

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

dennis miller was the big groundbreaker on reference as a joke, macfarlane just did it with cartoons and pop culture instead of poo poo people slept through in highschool history class

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Percelus posted:

dennis miller was the big groundbreaker on reference as a joke, macfarlane just did it with cartoons and pop culture instead of poo poo people slept through in highschool history class
dennis miller also didn't have anywhere near the cultural staying power of macfarlene, who has been a barnacle on Fox's hull for almost two decades (not including the original run and cancellation years of Family Guy)

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

the book of mormon is loving amazing, go see it if its playing near you

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/electrolemon/status/1182047291084959744?s=20

(also Trey and Matt are pretty unambiguously two of the best currently in the business where musical theater is concerned)

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Seth really liked Klobuchar at the last debate so lol

I really lost interest in the show when Rush Limbaugh which was on and it was so incredibly lame I dont feel the need to ever go back.

Uncle Wemus has issued a correction as of 23:23 on Oct 9, 2019

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

fox cancelled family guy and that scared him out of doing anything good

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Holy poo poo, y'all, go see Parasite.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Just saw the trailer for Onward and was immediately struck by the fact they recycled the character design of the human from Ratatouille for this new main character.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Bro Dad posted:

the book of mormon is loving amazing, go see it if its playing near you
i saw Phantom of the Opera last weekend, it's a classic of musical theater

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/PopInABox/status/1182325635668172801?s=20

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Hot take: The left's unwillingness to embrace nu-metal is among the strongest pieces of evidence that they care more about personal image than actually working for structural change.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

MizPiz posted:

Hot take: The left's unwillingness to embrace nu-metal is among the strongest pieces of evidence that they care more about personal image than actually working for structural change.

I still listen to ska, try again

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

No johnson?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I still listen to ska, try again

ska is for musicians who are too cowardly to play jazz

https://youtu.be/uCzq-uCSvfY

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

ska is for musicians who are too cowardly to play jazz

https://youtu.be/uCzq-uCSvfY

Nah, it's more like punk with trumpets and without any balls.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Forceholy posted:

Nah, it's more like punk with trumpets and without any balls.

:colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAeM5apEgzY

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

So Scorsese is doubling down in his correct opinion about Marvel movies and all the nerds ste even madder

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
man who cares.

that poo poo only matters to dumb culture warrior idiots

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/pixelatedboat/status/1180125483628810240?s=20

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

CharlestheHammer posted:

man who cares.

that poo poo only matters to dumb culture warrior idiots

I mean it's the pop culture thread

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Right, so shouldn't it be consistently derailed with discussions about current events and other high-minded poo poo?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

it’s not even pop culture it’s just two insufferable sides yelling at each other

might as well bring those guys who get mad at Star Wars on YouTube

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
Backyard bbq drunks shocked by Beer Advocate admin's dismissal of Budweiser.