Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/Doncates/status/1180277704299556864?s=19

It's just a design sketch, so who knows if it's in the comics, but looks like Thor got his arm back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I like everything except the spikes. Pretty cool costume.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I don't like the headband thingy. Gimme the full wing helmet or just leave him with nothing on.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

TwoPair posted:

I don't like the headband thingy. Gimme the full wing helmet or just leave him with nothing on.

I too would support Thor with nothing on

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Is that Noh Varr on that Guardians cover?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Open Marriage Night posted:

Is that Noh Varr on that Guardians cover?

Has he shown up in anything since West Coast Avengers?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Oh shiiiiiiii a sequel to Paradise X?????? :flashfap: Please keep going completely balls out with that future and ramifications of having Reed turn into God to save Franklin.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Another X book?

Gross.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Your face is gross Rhyno!!!

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Skwirl posted:

Has he shown up in anything since West Coast Avengers?

Didn’t that just end?

People aren’t ready for Starlord/Noh Varr: Space Hunks

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yes, this is established canon.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Chip is in some tense negotiations to renew his Marvel contract. Give him everything!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
lol

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Chip Zdarsky is North America's greatest fictional character.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Those all sound like perfectly cromulent demands, get it done Cebulski.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

X-O posted:

Chip is in some tense negotiations to renew his Marvel contract. Give him everything!

Don’t threaten me with a good time

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Everything after Earth X was complete garbage so not too thrilled that it's coming back.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The Tom Brevoort one got me good.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Can a symbiote merge with Krakoa?

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

The Necrosword was made by Knull, god of the symbiotes. And that thing merged with Ego the Living Planet.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".
Also it’s hinted that Allblack has some history (I think it is what struck krakoa down and stranded it on earth, millennia ago).

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

good day for a bris posted:

Also it’s hinted that Allblack has some history (I think it is what struck krakoa down and stranded it on earth, millennia ago).
If we're basing this on Powers of X #4, I don't think Krakoa is supposed to be from outer space? The narration was that there was one island called Okkara that was attacked (from below?) by some sort of demonic looking creatures who split Okkara into Krakoa and Arakko. Apocalypse (and his "First Horsemen") fought back the invaders and sealed them (and Arakko) away from the world, leaving Krakoa alone where Okkara once was (again, presumably on Earth).

As for the sword, it was identified as the Twilight Sword, which is an established (albeit flaming) sword forged by Surtur in the old Lee/Kirby Thor stories. It was last seen wielded by Carol Danvers in War of the Realms. It's never particularly looked like the sword in PoX #4.

All Black the Necrosword is the first symbiote and is generally portrayed as either a symbiote sword growing out of its wielder's hand/arm or as a gooey bloody sword that looks like it was made out of Carnage but is a standalone weapon. I don't think it ever had a gap in its chain of custody from "Knull makes it billions of years ago" to "Gorr finds it and starts using it to kill all gods" millions of years ago. It also doesn't look anything like the sword in PoX #4.

Despite being ID'd as the Twilight Sword, the sword that most resembles the one in that sequence (and lines up with unidentified demons bursting out of the Earth) is probably the Soulsword, except the Soulsword shows up repeatedly elsewhere in HoXPoX (in a flashback to the Phoenix Five in HoX #2, presumably by Rasputin in Year 100) and doesn't look like the sword in PoX #4 in either of those throughlines. Also the Soulsword was created by Illyana as a child in Limbo, so I have no idea how it would end up in the ancient past.

Also Apocalypse is only ('only') five thousand or so years old according to all previous stories, and according to Hickman's one-pager in Marvel Comics #1000 the original Horsemen that helped him fight off Krakoa's attackers are buried in a pyramid in Egypt, so despite the poetic flourishes the Krakoa thing probably wasn't crazy-crazy long ago.

Anyway, I have no idea what the sword is supposed to be but I am not really sure why it would be All-Black outside of "Donny Cates's Venom is inexplicably popular right now"

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

Bug man is obviously Harry which makes me worried it's a bait and switch.

Let it be Harry, he needs to get out of the house more. #selfcare

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

Edge & Christian posted:

If we're basing this on Powers of X #4, I don't think Krakoa is supposed to be from outer space? The narration was that there was one island called Okkara that was attacked (from below?) by some sort of demonic looking creatures who split Okkara into Krakoa and Arakko. Apocalypse (and his "First Horsemen") fought back the invaders and sealed them (and Arakko) away from the world, leaving Krakoa alone where Okkara once was (again, presumably on Earth).

As for the sword, it was identified as the Twilight Sword, which is an established (albeit flaming) sword forged by Surtur in the old Lee/Kirby Thor stories. It was last seen wielded by Carol Danvers in War of the Realms. It's never particularly looked like the sword in PoX #4.

All Black the Necrosword is the first symbiote and is generally portrayed as either a symbiote sword growing out of its wielder's hand/arm or as a gooey bloody sword that looks like it was made out of Carnage but is a standalone weapon. I don't think it ever had a gap in its chain of custody from "Knull makes it billions of years ago" to "Gorr finds it and starts using it to kill all gods" millions of years ago. It also doesn't look anything like the sword in PoX #4.

Despite being ID'd as the Twilight Sword, the sword that most resembles the one in that sequence (and lines up with unidentified demons bursting out of the Earth) is probably the Soulsword, except the Soulsword shows up repeatedly elsewhere in HoXPoX (in a flashback to the Phoenix Five in HoX #2, presumably by Rasputin in Year 100) and doesn't look like the sword in PoX #4 in either of those throughlines. Also the Soulsword was created by Illyana as a child in Limbo, so I have no idea how it would end up in the ancient past.

Also Apocalypse is only ('only') five thousand or so years old according to all previous stories, and according to Hickman's one-pager in Marvel Comics #1000 the original Horsemen that helped him fight off Krakoa's attackers are buried in a pyramid in Egypt, so despite the poetic flourishes the Krakoa thing probably wasn't crazy-crazy long ago.

Anyway, I have no idea what the sword is supposed to be but I am not really sure why it would be All-Black outside of "Donny Cates's Venom is inexplicably popular right now"

Great explanation. All black has been showing up everywhere so I just automatically assumed/misremembered .

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

That was a very satisfying pennutimate issue of Squirrel Girl. I continue to be amazed at how well North writer Doom.

Gwenpool meanwhile continues to be that most frustrating of comic, the almost, but not quite good, though I am curious if anyone actually crunched the numbers to back up thi issue's assertion that people bought more Gwenpool comic when she was more villainy.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Bananaquiter posted:

Bug man is obviously Harry which makes me worried it's a bait and switch.

Let it be Harry, he needs to get out of the house more. #selfcare

Sort of obsessed with Peter, seems to know MJ, was strongly influenced by Norman Osbourne, looks a bit unhealthy, like some sort of demonic reincarnation.
It's clearly Gwen Stacy.
Just think about how jealous she got, when Spider-Man took of his mask for Black Cat.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Oct 9, 2019

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

cant cook creole bream posted:

Sort of obsessed with Peter, seems to know MJ, was strongly influenced by Norman Osbourne, looks a bit unhealthy, like some sort of demonic reincarnation.
It's clearly Gwen Stacy.
Just think about how jealous she got, when Spider-Man took of his mask for Black Cat.
The problem is that a) Mysterio knows Kindred's real name, and b) refers to Kindred as a 'he'.

Honestly, I figure at this point the mystery is going to shift to how Harry became this and what his actual motives are. I'm going out on a limb and guessing that there might have been more to his resurrection in BND than meets the eye...

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Yvonmukluk posted:

The problem is that a) Mysterio knows Kindred's real name, and b) refers to Kindred as a 'he'.

Unnecessary details. Mysterio is from the movie industry. Of course he's sexist.

But yeah, it's obviously Harry, even though that sounds a bit lame. Why else would cornhair senior be proud of him. Unless it turns out to be Normans and Gwens son. That atrociously terrible story has technically never been retconned, right?

When was the last time we saw Harry anyway? Was it when his dad killed Flash?

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

When was the last time we saw Harry anyway? Was it when his dad killed Flash?

He hasn't appeared at all in Spencer's run, which is kind of weird unless Pete and MJ have been avoiding him since they got back together.

Also he might know Pete is Spider-Man now? His son sure does.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I'll never forget that the way Slott made it clear that Spider-Man was Peter Parker again was him making a vaguely homophobic joke.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Had no idea who Christopher Cantwell was before this issue but I legit loved the first issue of Doctor Doom.

It is unfortunate though that anyone searching him on Google will first stumble upon someone with the same name that is definitely not him though. It's a tough draw to share a name with someone who is infamously a literal piece of poo poo.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Contagion is a book with Iron Fist and the Thing teaming up with heroes who don't have their own books anymore. Weird they used Luke Cage as a selling point.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

I'll never forget that the way Slott made it clear that Spider-Man was Peter Parker again was him making a vaguely homophobic joke.

Dan Slott did a tasteless thing?

I refuse to believe this. How dare you besmirch his good name.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Dan Slott did a tasteless thing?

I refuse to believe this. How dare you besmirch his good name.

I'm sorry, I know how big a fan you were of his post secret wars Spider-Man.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

X-O posted:

Had no idea who Christopher Cantwell was before this issue but I legit loved the first issue of Doctor Doom.

It is unfortunate though that anyone searching him on Google will first stumble upon someone with the same name that is definitely not him though. It's a tough draw to share a name with someone who is infamously a literal piece of poo poo.

‘Halt And Catch Fire’ Showrunner Wants You To Please Stop Confusing Him With A White Supremacist

Halt and Catch Fire was a really good show; it took a little bit to set up the board and get moving, but I'd recommend it to just about anyone.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Pastry of the Year posted:

‘Halt And Catch Fire’ Showrunner Wants You To Please Stop Confusing Him With A White Supremacist

Halt and Catch Fire was a really good show; it took a little bit to set up the board and get moving, but I'd recommend it to just about anyone.

Agreed. He previously wrote She Could Fly as well, which was a great exploration of mental illness if a bit scattered (probably appropriately), so. I'm looking forward to what he does with Doom.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Chris Cantwell is a really talented guy, and his wife Elizabeth Cantwell is a super fantastic poet well worth checking out if you're interested in that.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
yeah i enjoyed doom as well

catching up on some of last weeks books

i really enjoyed the art and coloring in savage avengers
i wish spider verse actually had annie may as a character instead of some mcguffen goal to reach cuz i really enjoy the character
glad that rosenberg made a point to say that rachel cole-alves did not die in his punisher finale because i was sure he was gonna do that

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I just read Doom and that was extremely my poo poo. It was really loving good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

It's clearly Gwen Stacy.

I think it
s Gwen too, some of the mannerisims have been on the femme side, but this issue clearly wants us to believe it's Harry.