Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

How many rotisserie chickens tho

1. For me. :colbert:

Ravendas posted:

Bought four boxes of the full size bars.

$_$

Look at this guy! Mr. Full SIze?! Think you're better then us !

I always make sure we have equal parts chocolate candy and hard candy. When I think of Halloween and trick or treatin as a kid I think mini snickers, mini 3 musketeers, mini kitkats ect ect. I like skittles, but chocolate is where it's at. When I give out candy I try to keep the same ratio. I give teens and adults candy if they are dressed up. None of this low effort costumes either ! Gotta be in a mask ATLEAST.

Also, since I'm drinkin all the drat night, if you catch me at the the end of the night you're getting hella candy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

The full sized bars are on sale at Costco right now for around ~$.40 per which is a pretty good deal if you only get a handful of kids per year or if you want to spend the cash.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
I'm giving out those pretzels instead

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I always make sure we have equal parts chocolate candy and hard candy. When I think of Halloween and trick or treatin as a kid I think mini snickers, mini 3 musketeers, mini kitkats ect ect. I like skittles, but chocolate is where it's at. When I give out candy I try to keep the same ratio. I give teens and adults candy if they are dressed up. None of this low effort costumes either ! Gotta be in a mask ATLEAST.

Also, since I'm drinkin all the drat night, if you catch me at the the end of the night you're getting hella candy.

What if these guys showed up to your door?

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

I wish costco had some of those 32 degrees sheets in queen size. I wanted to try them.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Anyone ever try these beef sticks?

Seem like a good way to get beefy in between meals. I bought a pack. Hopefully they're good.

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi

JK Fresco posted:

oh my

is this one of those "sexual awakenings" people speak of

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Seem like a good way to get beefy in between meals. I bought a pack. Hopefully they're good.

Those are a staple in my house. They come in three packages wrapped together, we just open up one package at a time, snap all of them into thirds, place them in a container in the fridge, and snack on them over a week.

My wife even slices them into small strips, along with some costco sharp white cheddar, for snacks when friends arrive.

They're good.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I personally didn't like them, and gave away 2 of the 3 packages. I like my meat snacks a little spicier, and those were really bland, IMO.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

GORDON posted:

I personally didn't like them, and gave away 2 of the 3 packages. I like my meat snacks a little spicier, and those were really bland, IMO.

Yeah this was me too.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

I cracked one pack open. They're alright, they basically taste like an average store bought longaniza, or something like it.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I didn't mind them but I have a local butcher shop that makes Jerky and Beef Sticks fresh every day. They have a bunch of flavors too. It's more expensive but it also doesn't have all the chemicals to make it shelf stable because they sell out so fast.

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Your argument is invalid.
Exciting Lemon
I feel like we've seen this before:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/11/business/costco-5-dollar-chicken/index.html

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I'm in Nebraska, it's been a pretty hot topic around here.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Costco to build largest warehouse yet, exclusively sell chickens.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

that stupid rear end headline had MY GIRLFRIEND frantically messaging me wondering if Costco was truly blessed or not.

gently caress cnn

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

It's an obscene amount of food for $4.99, I wonder how many more years they can keep it up.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

JK Fresco posted:

If they dress up they get candy! Dems da RULEZ

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Honestly I wouldn’t mind if the rotisserie chickens were a little smaller, even at the same price. They’re a great deal but kinda bland compared to what you can get elsewhere.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Hello brethren. I have finally caught up with this thread.

Planning on going either tonight or tomorrow to load up on essentials and perhaps a few impulse buys. And a dog or slize. Or maybe one of those delicious turkey sandos.

I got a new gas guzzling car a few months ago and boy howdy do I appreciate the high quality, low cost Kirkland gasoline. :D

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

SirPablo posted:

Costco to build largest warehouse yet, exclusively sell chickens.

Sandor Clegane approves of this move.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

TheMadMilkman posted:

Honestly I wouldn’t mind if the rotisserie chickens were a little smaller, even at the same price. They’re a great deal but kinda bland compared to what you can get elsewhere.

I love them the way they are, they make a great base for casseroles, salads, etc. They sell whole chickens uncooked for around 10 dollars though, so when you want to cook and season your own bird it's a lot more expensive, but then again those whole birds are not really double the price, because they are 7-8lbs. So really when you want to season your own it's only 30% more.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Our Costco doesn't have diesel and boy does it let me down :negative:

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I wish they would install electric car charging stations. :(

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

GORDON posted:

My old Costco used to (Atwater/Glendale in CA).

They were eliminated a while back though because they didn't get much use. :(

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Washout posted:

I love them the way they are, they make a great base for casseroles, salads, etc. They sell whole chickens uncooked for around 10 dollars though, so when you want to cook and season your own bird it's a lot more expensive, but then again those whole birds are not really double the price, because they are 7-8lbs. So really when you want to season your own it's only 30% more.

Buy cheese pizza from the food court and sit at a table, dumping chunks of rotisserie chicken onto your slices.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

FilthyImp posted:

My old Costco used to (Atwater/Glendale in CA).

They were eliminated a while back though because they didn't get much use. :(

Huh.

If Costco became known as a place to get gasoline AND a car charge, charging stations at 100% of their locations, then electric car peeps would start planning trips around visiting Costcos to recharge here and there.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

GORDON posted:

I think they take up too much room. Iceland has them, but there are more electric cars per capita than the US.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Chinatown posted:

And perhaps a few impulse buys

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

Just got back from church. To be honest, I hadn't actually eaten at the cafeteria yet, but the 1.50 hotdog and soda seemed like a good idea today. And I wasn't wrong.

Also, not sure what you all are buying for coffee, but the First Colony Organic Rainforest Blend is awesome. It's 11.99 for 2.5lbs of really decent coffee.

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
Artichoke dip, peanut butter pretzel bites, a few pounds of pork belly and a Marmot down jacket, among other things today. Gonna get fat(ter) this winter.

A good autumn feeling is waking up early before the wife for work and going to the cold living room with my Costco Ethiopian coffee and laying on the couch on top of a couple of Kirkland sheepskins underneath an Kirkland Sherpa while I read the news and wake up. Truly blessed levels of coziness.

Minor menu change, they've added a chicken salad sandwich . I think I'll pass

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Chicken wings and fries?

Wow, still no fryolators at my Costco.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Costco poutine is a thing? I didn’t think of my local Costco locations have that.

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
Those prices are in Canadian dollars friends, that means your 1/4lb PLUS hot dog with 20oz POP (+FREE REFILL) costs:

$1.14 united states dollars

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

large hands posted:

Minor menu change, they've added a chicken salad sandwich . I think I'll pass

If it’s the same chicken salad that they make in-house (and I’m sure it is) I have a coworker who swears by that stuff. That salad and those croissants (which the cashier told him was their most popular item) is what he lives on like every other week.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Went to church to get some new glasses for my hosed up eyeballs and pick up a few sundries. Had communion and was pleased to discover whole sausage + pep pizzas on the self order kiosk menu

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Anyone have experience buying appliances through Costco? I am specifically looking for a new washer and dryer in the near future. Are the delivery/install crews actual Costco employees, or are they contracted out?

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Orvin posted:

Anyone have experience buying appliances through Costco? I am specifically looking for a new washer and dryer in the near future. Are the delivery/install crews actual Costco employees, or are they contracted out?

I bought a washer and dryer through Costco, and I think the guys who installed and delivered it weren't Costco employees. It was over 3 years ago though so I'm not totally sure. Install went fine and washer and dryer still work great.

Caffeinated Jerkoff
Jul 13, 2014

Orvin posted:

I bought a washer and dryer from Costco last month, and the delivery/install crew were from some other company. They arrived earlier than their delivery window, which was cool, but they didn't have a vent hose for the dryer. Not a huge deal since it's just :10bux:, but it was pretty annoying to install.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Dropped 5 bills today at the church. Got myself a new LaZBoy computer chair (long over due, 15 years since I had a new one and it was a lovely office Max special). Picked up a really warm Sherpa hoodie for $16 and it kept me real toasty at my son's soccer game in 40 degree weather with high winds.

PBUC