Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Wooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slumfrog
Feb 14, 2012

BORN TO SLAY
forced to work
Yeeeaaahh, Georgia!

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Top cheating from the Lelos prop there, super shameless

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

I .... I don’t understand betting. Is this actually real? Please tell me it is.

Slumfrog
Feb 14, 2012

BORN TO SLAY
forced to work

The Rabbi T. White posted:

I .... I don’t understand betting. Is this actually real? Please tell me it is.

I have no idea. But I choose to believe.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Relegation and promotion in the six nations seems like such an obvious move, Georgia played a blinder in defence. Helped by Australia knocking on about 100,000 times, but still.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Italy beat Georgia handily when they last played. The gap is still big...only japan seems to have crossed it. Georgia, Fiji, and USA are knocking on the door but missing the gap of professional fitness and top skill in key positions. To a lesser extent that's what keeps Italy from the level of the other five European nations too.

runoverbobby
Apr 21, 2007

Fighting like beavers.

Vagabundo posted:

How so very dare Hansen opt to forgo a dead rubber that would mean that the All Blacks would have a reduced turnaround time between tests going into the knockout rounds, not to mention a risk of injury.

He shouldn't have a say.

May not have been true anyway, but it shouldn't require both teams to consent. One team will always find a reason to get pissy about it and will veto strategically.

Also the teams that had their final match cancelled had their injury risk reduced substantially. So enjoy that ABs, I guess.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

runoverbobby posted:

He shouldn't have a say.

May not have been true anyway, but it shouldn't require both teams to consent. One team will always find a reason to get pissy about it and will veto strategically.

Also the teams that had their final match cancelled had their injury risk reduced substantially. So enjoy that ABs, I guess.

It's not true anyway - what a surprise to see the British press just plain making poo poo up to try to slander the All Blacks.

And "he shouldn't have a say" in a situation where his team would be arbitrarily disadvantaged going into the knock-out rounds? gently caress off.

runoverbobby
Apr 21, 2007

Fighting like beavers.

Vagabundo posted:

It's not true anyway - what a surprise to see the British press just plain making poo poo up to try to slander the All Blacks.

And for Italy, who were already eliminated, it's one final test. For the All Blacks, that means they should get an unacceptable situation of a total of 4 days of rest going into the quarters imposed upon them according to you. He shouldn't have a say? gently caress off.

Nice ninja edit attempt. Italy weren't eliminated, and yes, why should Hansen's desire for rest days override Italy being arbitrarily denied a chance to qualify for the quarterfinal? You gently caress off.

runoverbobby
Apr 21, 2007

Fighting like beavers.
The nature of contingency planning is that both teams are going to be upset about the decision for different reasons. Consensus-building should not play a role. Maybe that's why World Rugby are canceling instead of troubleshooting - no backbone.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

runoverbobby posted:

Nice ninja edit attempt. Italy weren't eliminated, and yes, why should Hansen's desire for rest days override Italy being arbitrarily denied a chance to qualify for the quarterfinal? You gently caress off.

Italy were never going to qualify, and whomever won would go into the quarters with a reduced turnaround time anyway. Any coach, if they were offered a choice in that scenario which never even happened to begin with, would be well within their rights to refuse - something that even a thick oval office like Brian Moore has conceded.

runoverbobby
Apr 21, 2007

Fighting like beavers.
Would have been a 4-day turnaround compared to their opponents' 5.
Now they get a 12-day turnaround compared to their opponents' 5.

Though it hardly matters if we can't agree that canceling a match affects the tournament's integrity more than turnaround times.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

runoverbobby posted:

Would have been a 4-day turnaround compared to their opponents' 5.
Now they get a 12-day turnaround compared to their opponents' 5.

Though it hardly matters if we can't agree that canceling a match affects the tournament's integrity more than turnaround times.

The terms were clear in the Terms of Participation that all unions signed. But hey, keep getting pissy over some bullshit that noted thick oval office Brian Moore shat out all over his poo poo column in a poo poo rag.

And before you continue to bemoan the plight of the poor put-upon Italians, the NZRU proposed the test be moved to Friday, before the typhoon hit but were turned down.

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

The Howley betting slip isn’t real ya dinghies

And neither is world rugby’s contingency plan lol

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
So media, fans, and posters here are getting mad at something the All Blacks categorically did not do?

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Vagabundo posted:

The terms were clear in the Terms of Participation that all unions signed.

Jesus, guys, it’s this. They acted per the rule; everybody signed up to that rule.

“Oh well they could have designated a second site and moved everyone there instead”

The trains were closing early, domestic flights for today have been canceled, this is serious poo poo, and the last thing anybody needs is the teams and support staff adding to the crush of people trying to travel yesterday.

It sucks, and it’s not ideal, but it’s what all teams signed up for and what is safest for everyone.

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

Smorgasbord posted:

So media, fans, and posters here are getting mad at something the All Blacks categorically did not do?

NZ tv systematically seeks out the worst Most moronic takes from the UK Times and Telegraph, which isn’t hard to do, and then amplified them so everyone can get angry about them. Welcome to media world. No real person gives a gently caress about this

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Yeah, all you people not actually in Japan shouldn’t be saying poo poo because you really don’t know.

I’m at Narita hoping my flight take off tomorrow.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Mister Chief posted:

Yeah, all you people not actually in Japan shouldn’t be saying poo poo because you really don’t know.

I guess your flight is tomorrow and if it can't takes off then it'd just cancelled and you have to stay in Japan forever right?

runoverbobby
Apr 21, 2007

Fighting like beavers.
That's the safest and fairest solution

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Aramoro posted:

I guess your flight is tomorrow and if it can't takes off then it'd just cancelled and you have to stay in Japan forever right?
Lol what the hell

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

Mister Chief posted:

Nobody is saying they should play in a typhoon. They’re saying World Rugby should have had a contingency plan other than “move the game from Yokohama to Tokyo” which is basically the same city.

Anyone who thinks Scotland wouldn’t have a legitimate gripe if they get eliminated this way is wrong. If I was a Japan fan I’d be pretty miffed too, frankly, because they would probably win.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Powerful start by Ireland.

Slumfrog
Feb 14, 2012

BORN TO SLAY
forced to work

Mister Chief posted:

I'm pretty much always not in Japan, and yet I constantly talk poo poo.

Not about rugby of course, I'm not an animal. Some things are sacred.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
That second try by Ireland was ace. Pure big man power.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Attack vs defence, champagne rugby. Ireland look great but massively helped by poor discipline in every facet from Samoa.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Very good third try by Ireland, nice lines and good passing.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
Nice try Samoa. Looked like a sick neck roll in the lead up and the Samoan jumper in the line-our looked like he was interfered with too.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Oof, that conversion attempt by Samoa. Ireland need to get their heads back in the game.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Thats going to be a red card for Ireland...

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
That could be red...

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
Cant argue, definite red. Bundee stepped into it and hits him in the face.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Yeah, very poor tackle. Super dangerous, Aki was fully stood up when he made the hit.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
I can’t argue with that as a red. It didn’t look malicious but in terms of what cards have been handed out this tournament, it had to be red for consistency.

Nice touch by the Samoan players to give Aki a pat, they clearly saw it wasn’t a malicious thing.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

So bad from Aki, but these things happen so quickly.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
Sexton in good form

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Easy for Ireland. Samoa are so dire.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Very sad performance from them. They should have been able to do something noteworthy against 14 men for most of an hour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
Japan Scotland is still on, correct? Not even a whisper that it’ll be cancelled? I’m going to be bummed the gently caress out if it is