Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Hire slacks and turn TI10 into Midas mode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I think you can turn all the pre-event video production stuff and travel into a full time job for sure. Maybe she will do it all instead of splitting it between her and Slacks and Sheever

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

http://blog.dota2.com/2019/10/continuing-matchmaking-updates/

To that end, players that have a behavior score below 3000 are no longer able to use chat or voice until their score rises above the acceptable threshold.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
Can we please just have the gameplay update, I'm so sick and tired of this patch

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Well, no. Probably that's coming on 25 November, when the major has ended

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

emdash posted:

Well, no. Probably that's coming on 25 November, when the major has ended

I KNOW, I AM JUST EXPRESSING DISSATISFACTION AT THIS STATE OF AFFAIRS

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

remember it's still technically Fall until December 21st

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
its super lame how bts is relegating the sa grand finals to be covered by a single person on the second stream. i wish there would be some effort to give sa teams the same amount of exposure that na teams get.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

for some tournament by VKGAME

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
Xemistry is a 7k player who is the current mid for Jinesbrus. He's good on Dazzle and pretty garbage on every other hero. He might level up though idk.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
BTS continues to do the absolute bare minimum to cover SA dota and instead of even putting the one caster they have for it on the main stream, they run reruns of the SEA qualifiers. They couldn't more effectively treat the SA scene as second class citizens if they tried.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Sampatrick posted:

BTS continues to do the absolute bare minimum to cover SA dota and instead of even putting the one caster they have for it on the main stream, they run reruns of the SEA qualifiers. They couldn't more effectively treat the SA scene as second class citizens if they tried.

The re run currently has more viewers than the SA minor quals final so I mean the people have spoken lol

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

7.00 was Mid-december, 7.07 was the last day of October, 7.20 was mid-November. Wonder if they're really gonna wait until the end of November to shake up the meta. It's plausible that we could get a big patch after quals but before the Major.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

The REAL Goobusters posted:

The re run currently has more viewers than the SA minor quals final so I mean the people have spoken lol

It has more viewers because it's the main stream and has actual casters rather than a random dude solo casting that sucks

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://www.dota2.com/majorsregistration/rosters

Kild fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Oct 11, 2019

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

drat, Sumail's career is taking one hell of a dive

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://twitter.com/KBBQDotA/status/1182531733507280896

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
https://mobile.twitter.com/sumaaaail/status/1011083617634639872?lang=en

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Thats amazing

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
That’s wild considering they just qualified for the summit.

It looks like they weren’t comfortable with yawar as an offlaner and sumail as pos 1. It doesn’t really fit either of them. I would have kicked ccnc and placed yawar in pos1 and sumail pos2 but hey whatever I guess. I wonder what’s going to happen.

The REAL Goobusters fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Oct 11, 2019

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Maybe they found out that the brothers were going to strangle each other during games. I don't know if I would want to play Dota as a job with immediate family members

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Why not just swap Sumail and Yawar? EG put Sumail at 3 before and it was ok.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Maybe they found out that the brothers were going to strangle each other during games. I don't know if I would want to play Dota as a job with immediate family members

to fix that: nip.sumail

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Sounds like it was a legal issue with Sumail. I'm guessing orgs were waiting to see results before deciding if they wanted the stack but their poor results didn't make his EG buyout clause look profitable.

No way he goes back to EG, no way QC can stay together without a sponsor, no way Sumail can build a more competent team now that most of NA has been signed.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
I think it's not just that. Yawar wasn't good on offlane and when Sumail played offlane, he was also pretty garbage.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Sampatrick posted:

I think it's not just that. Yawar wasn't good on offlane and when Sumail played offlane, he was also pretty garbage.

Sure, but Jack also explicitly mentioned legal issues. Both can be accurate but Sumail's buyout is the bigger issue.

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

Zurreco posted:

No way he goes back to EG, no way QC can stay together without a sponsor, no way Sumail can build a more competent team now that most of NA has been signed.

tbh, outside of EG and QC, I don't think there are 4 players in NA good enough to build a team that Sumail would be remotely satisfied playing with

But I also think that other teams might re-examine their lineups if Sumail was interested/able to play with them. It would be funny if he ended up like replacing w33ha or something lol. (i do not think this is a real possibility)

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

Zurreco posted:

Sure, but Jack also explicitly mentioned legal issues. Both can be accurate but Sumail's buyout is the bigger issue.

where was the mention of legal issues, I missed that

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Ambivalent posted:

where was the mention of legal issues, I missed that

Jack mentions it in some reddit comments

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

its a long shot but does anyone here have a giftable Cowboy PA Set.... I want it... I can pay~

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
*sprinting into thread out of breath* ARTOUR STREAM https://www.twitch.tv/arteezy

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Who is he playing with

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Who is he playing with

AUI

it appears the way to get your queue to pop at 9k MMR is to duo queue with a pos5

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Sounded like he was with crit and bulba, that might've just been matchmaking though

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Hey there's a dreamleague this weekend

no Bo1s that I can see

starts about 16 hours from the time of this post

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Oct 17, 2019

Beef
Jul 26, 2004
A bunch of guys from BeNeDota (Belgium/Netherlands dota group) are attending this dreamleague, check out the discord (https://benedota.com/) to meet up.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Niko is such a monster

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
Demonslayers is running a safe lane that consists of two melee heroes and it's really, incredibly bad

Qojqva is also playing bizarrely poorly mid against this mid ES

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
would not have guessed NIP would 2-0 Liquid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
33's Abaddon is just making GBS threads all over FTM now.