Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Benne posted:

I got an even better idea: don't book the loving match
Why not book Brock vs Rey for that Smackdown, the match never really starts because Cain runs in right at the bell and you end Smackdown with a chaotic brawl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Benne posted:

I got an even better idea: don't book the loving match

WWE saw him officially break the length of Jinder's title run and were like "okay that's enough of that, cut it off immediately"

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
There are about a million different ways you can take the belt off Kofi without making him look like a hapless geek, but this company is also run by racists so :shrug:

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Jerusalem posted:

Brock vs. Cain isn't even for the belt so why the gently caress did Kofi lose the loving belt!?!? :argh:

Quick, name all the black WWE champions in the last decade.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Benne posted:

There are about a million different ways you can take the belt off Kofi without making him look like a hapless geek, but this company is also run by racists so :shrug:
We’ve already seen Brock have great matches with many different smaller agile quick dudes. He clearly loves doing that kind of match! poo poo sucks.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

JT Smiley posted:

Quick, name all the black WWE champions in the last decade.

Kofi Kingston
Roman Reigns
Uhhh..... was The Rock in this decade? Yeah I think he was.
Bobby Lashley as ECW Champion? Was that before 2010?
Booker T?

Jesus Christ....

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Kofi Kingston
Roman Reigns
Uhhh..... was The Rock in this decade? Yeah I think he was.
Bobby Lashley as ECW Champion? Was that before 2010?
Booker T?

Jesus Christ....

Right so that's six

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Big Huski Boi posted:

Right so that's six

when did jesus get a title run

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

when did jesus get a title run

Doesn't Jesus deserve a title run in all our hearts?

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
Mark Henry is going to add you to the Hall of Pain.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

WWE gave away the results of their full draft on their own site, in order, a day ago and nobody noticed until the first 10 picks matched the exact same order on a show they didn't have to watch https://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/article/preliminary-wwe-draft-pools

ed: They finally noticed

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1182825040519356418

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Oct 12, 2019

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

WWE gave away the results of their full draft on their own site, in order, a day ago and nobody noticed until the first 10 picks matched the exact same order on a show they didn't have to watch https://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/article/preliminary-wwe-draft-pools

ed: They finally noticed

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1182825040519356418

lol they can't even do a draft correctly

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
When WWE sees the ratings

https://twitter.com/tde_wrestling/status/1182830073667342337

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

was that a segment on the show? that looks so awful

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Hefty Leftist posted:

was that a segment on the show? that looks so awful

Any time either war room was on screen was the best segment of the show

https://twitter.com/tde_wrestling/status/1182822141609295877

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
I'm seeing War Room things on Twitter and came to see what the gently caress is going on, and it's even worse than I thought

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Can we just go back in time a week and realize how unsurprising it is the white supremacist network had the white supremacist punchy man beat a black guy in like five seconds for the championship?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

LividLiquid posted:

Can we just go back in time a week and realize how unsurprising it is the white supremacist network had the white supremacist punchy man beat a black guy in like five seconds for the championship?

I don't think anyone said it was necessarily surprising, as a neutral party the reaction from the threads seemed (aside from one person) almost completely on the "oh gently caress this poo poo" side, even from the people who usually defend that type of title change as "Wait And See"

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Oh, for sure it was refreshing that nobody defended it, but I'm amazed we all expected anything else.

This is the network of Tucker Carlson, for gently caress's sake. The Fox-news-to-white-terrorism pipeline is totes a thing.

I guess I just expected this kind of thing to be less blatant.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Good things about Smackdown:

Cletus
Peacock screensaver
Bayley's new hair

Bad things:
All other

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Smackdown results (and the original WWE.com draft lists) added to the OP. All hail Dark Bayley.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

YOU CANT DRAFT A MURDERER

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

ItohRespectArmy posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaron_Hernandez

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

quote:

Terry Bradshaw was on the Fox Panel discussing their favorite wrestlers, and his favorite was Dusty Rhodes. I wonder what the Rhodes family is doing right now? Everybody else's choices were Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Bruno Sammartino and Killer Kowalski. Not a single modern wrestler, not even anybody from the Attitude Era.

lmao

quote:

THE FIEND came up through the canvas and dragged Seth down, the lights came up and smoke poured out of the hole in the ring. Seth pulled himself out and coughed and choked while THE FIEND peeked out of the hole like a cat.

also lmao

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Kevin Sullivan did those

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

https://twitter.com/occamsrancor/status/1182839482262999040?s=20

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

ItohRespectArmy posted:

HE SHOULDN'T BE SIGNING CONTRACTS

NoMoneyDown
Jan 27, 2009

I've got the advantage. You've got nothing.
In typical WWE fashion, they uploaded the preliminary draft listing the Day 1 and Day 2 pools of all the wrestlers that are draft eligible, only for the order they're listed in to be 90% accurate to the actual draft selection order.

Well done, WWE. You made me laugh for reasons not your own.

Guess that means Charlotte is off to RAW to feud with Becky, and Smackdown will be the Bayley/Sasha feud-a-thon.

EDIT: I went back to check the page with the draft pools, they rearranged the names into alphabetical order because they KNEW they hosed up.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

ItohRespectArmy posted:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

It was only as low as 90% accurate because they realized over an hour into the show that it was 100% correct and quickly dropped further down the list to make their "picks" in an effort to hide that they'd hosed up, but still stuck with the clear Raw/Smackdown divisions they'd already made.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

NoMoneyDown posted:

In typical WWE fashion, they uploaded the preliminary draft listing the Day 1 and Day 2 pools of all the wrestlers that are draft eligible, only for the order they're listed in to be 90% accurate to the actual draft selection order.

Well done, WWE. You made me laugh for reasons not your own.

Guess that means Charlotte is off to RAW to feud with Becky, and Smackdown will be the Bayley/Sasha feud-a-thon.

EDIT: I went back to check the page with the draft pools, they rearranged the names into alphabetical order because they KNEW they hosed up.

The second halves were all nobodies and low carders though so it's probably not going to spoil anything for Monday, unfortunately.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Some poor wwe.com intern is fired.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ItohRespectArmy posted:

"HE SHOULDN'T BE SIGNING CONTRACTS"

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Someone needs to make this a smilie

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

I'd still take Jimmy Havoc over him.

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

:catte:

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Bayley's new haircut is the only good thing to happen in WWE in the last seven days.

ItohRespectArmy posted:

Anyone got a link to this show? I don't think I've laughed this hard to a wrestling review before and I have no clue what it's from.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

floor fiend is watching you masturbate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I look at that list of potential draft placements and it’s like 3 people I care about on each brand and then a bunch of losers. How this company killed my motivation to even tune in for some of these people amazes me