Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

RareAcumen posted:

Ah, I see now. I thought the older one had a complex and thought she was looking down on her or something.
This is also part of it. But also she's a shut in who doesn't like change but her little sister completely remodeled her house and changed everything for the better and she's stubborn in grudgingly accepting that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Nipponophile posted:

Dowman Sayman's sci-fi sex comedy How Many Light-years to Babylon? just got it's first new chapters in a long time. I'm glad to see the master of the surreal hasn't been completely abandoned.

:nws: https://mangadex.org/title/20618/how-many-light-years-to-babylon :nws:

This translator has been putting out a couple of new chapters a day since then. I am stoked at the possibility of someone consistently translating more Dowman Sayman works. The person (thetsuuyaku) who has translated the most stuff previously, including all of Nickelodeon and Voynich Hotel, and most of Oddman 11, has sadly been radio silent for almost two years. :(

e: chapter 16 made me laugh out loud like an idiot

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
So, the English volume 7 of Interviews With Monster Girls came out a little over a week ago, and what the gently caress. Why would they just drop that cliffhanger chapter right there at the end?! :argh:

I hope we don't have to wait over a year again for the next volume.

Onean fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Oct 5, 2019

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Onean posted:

Why would they just drop that cliffhanger chapter right there at the end?! :argh:

:suspense:

The JP volume was only published this April so it'll be a while :negative:

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
I like how the MC in How Many Light-Years to Babylon? just occasionally switches gender in-between chapters.

Sometimes i'm reading along and now he's a girl and i think "wait did i miss a chapter somewhere?" but no, i didn't, that just happens sometimes.

And Dowman really seems fascinated by kopi luwak

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Found a series called Isyuzoku joshi ni suru hanashi that's only got a few chapters but it feels like the author is channeling his own inner Dowman. Premise is a human girl at an all female academy populated solely by monster girls. Her mission in life is to sexually harass everyone. So far she's doing great.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I thought you were joking but that's literally the premise and the title.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Yep.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Also, 'Interrogation Princess' has moved to Mangaplus.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Girls with strange animals continue

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
The last scanlated Hakumei & Mikochi just went up. It's not the end of the manga, but the group is dropping translations of the stuff in the volumes since the official English release on the 15th will catch up.

For this chapter though, we see a new side to Sen.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Sen is always cute. :colbert:

I wish Yen Press would release H&M digitally; I don't have the space for a manga collection.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
new Monsters can't clean
Its the ol' switch-a-roo when Kleira and the dragon swap bodies.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
...Having a little tail you can plug into magic items to recharge them is a cute species trait. Witch is cute.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
It works on USB. Universal Spell Butt.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Pharmacist's Monologue Just a small omake, mostly just these two pages.

Some quality Mao Mao faces.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

two new Senryu Girl

also new Sleepy Princess

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Can't sing along to Rammsteins "Keine Lust", eh?

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Honestly, would Jinshi even deny her if she asked for this?

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Nipponophile posted:

Dowman Sayman's sci-fi sex comedy How Many Light-years to Babylon? just got it's first new chapters in a long time. I'm glad to see the master of the surreal hasn't been completely abandoned.

:nws: https://mangadex.org/title/20618/how-many-light-years-to-babylon :nws:

For those that wait until something is completed before checking it out, the last chapter just went up. Pretty short, only 32 chapters, each 5ish pages long.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Onean posted:

For those that wait until something is completed before checking it out, the last chapter just went up. Pretty short, only 32 chapters, each 5ish pages long.

This was very cute.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Rody One Half posted:

This was very cute.
yeah, shame about the mom, though. really the only part I was like "c'mon, really?"

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
apparently the latest Sleepy Princess is a parody of some detective manga I've never read?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Captain Invictus posted:

yeah, shame about the mom, though. really the only part I was like "c'mon, really?"
Yeah that was weird.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Rody One Half posted:

This was very cute.

One thing I like about Dowman's works is the repetition of "setup and Payoff" he does. Babylon much like Meloncholia is really about pairs of events working together and you can see this reflected in the even chapter count. Like how in Meloncholia the chapter about the school girls taking the organs of people they have crushes on wound up allowing Kid Nap certain death. The first was an isolated story at first, but then an aspect of it jumps into a later one for a different payoff or resolution. Or in this series the gangster aliens being indebted to Bub because he hosed all of them which allows them access to wormholes later Ironic if you think about how accessing holes got them into this situation

Oddman 11 and Hotel Voynich have this a little less since the number of recurring characters is greater so it might be sequences of 3 instead of 2. But there's always this sense of connectivity to his short stories even if they jump through multiple characters. It's not like other writers don't also do this, but it's got a very distinct rhythm here that I like. Definitely a nice story, wish we got more of his works as official releases.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Brought To You By posted:

One thing I like about Dowman's works is the repetition of "setup and Payoff" he does. Babylon much like Meloncholia is really about pairs of events working together and you can see this reflected in the even chapter count. Like how in Meloncholia the chapter about the school girls taking the organs of people they have crushes on wound up allowing Kid Nap certain death. The first was an isolated story at first, but then an aspect of it jumps into a later one for a different payoff or resolution. Or in this series the gangster aliens being indebted to Bub because he hosed all of them which allows them access to wormholes later Ironic if you think about how accessing holes got them into this situation

Oddman 11 and Hotel Voynich have this a little less since the number of recurring characters is greater so it might be sequences of 3 instead of 2. But there's always this sense of connectivity to his short stories even if they jump through multiple characters. It's not like other writers don't also do this, but it's got a very distinct rhythm here that I like. Definitely a nice story, wish we got more of his works as official releases.
Oh, this is absolutely spot-on - and another reason why it works so well for Dowman in particular is that the payoff is seemingly always an unexpected punchline, which makes for good comedy, especially in a surreal setting.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

another new Sleepy Princess
Princess is a terrifying being.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Monsters Cant Clean
Idoru is a light-weight and he and Kliera crash land in the forest, where they are found by an old gentleman. Never drink and fly, kids.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

New Eldritch Senpai
Time to gather supplies and throw a little celebration.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The maid is right.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I like how they didn't even try to keep vagrants a secret from the dad or Makie's friends.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
death by giantess bosom crush interrupted by transformation into marketable plushie form.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
HELLA BIG CHIPS are the best brand on market.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Bit of a weekend roundup

Some new Kitsune Wife

a new Demon Mom

and two new Senryu Girl

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Is it thirst when you're married and established to be smashing?

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
You can have a drink and be thirsty again an hour later.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Thirst springs eternal, friend. It says so right in the bible.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

speaking as a married man i am an extremely thirsty lil thot for my wife. so yes

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Way of the Househusband
Tatsu helps a neighbor kid with his summer homework.

new Useless Ponko
Speaking of homework, Yuuna also has some to do. Or will the quiet boredom of the countryside destroy her first?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Monsters Cant Clean
Luslia, the Lust Dragon™ wants to take Kleira's place as sacrifice.

and more Kitsune Wife featuring Tanuki