Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fureil
Jul 7, 2012

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

After playing a lot more and hanging out with Typhon I've decided that the villains aren't as annoying as I used to think they were.

That's because the true character to be annoyed by is Ava, obviously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

10 Beers posted:

Finally beat the game. What's the fastest way to get to 50? Sidequests? TVHM?

Also, what's a fun build for Zane? The drone seems kinda boring.

The most feasible Zane build I've seen involves using the capstone of the drone tree that procs all of your kill skills on Drone/Clone activation, and then filling up the clone tree to allow it to self destruct. You can effectively keep your kill skills up regardless of kills while the drone irradiates and zaps enemies. Then just zip around with double move speed using boosted guns and go hog wild.

The shield and clone (and Iron Bear and most of FL4K's pets) are as sturdy as wet cardboard and tend to get blasted into confetti. They aren't really up to snuff for TVHM 50+, but it appears* that Gearbox seems to be at least a little aware of the overarching problems and are looking to fix things eventually**.

* - I'm being optimistic here
** - 2 and TPS didn't see overarching balance changes or respawning bosses (respectively) for about a year after release.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

minor complaint: gently caress that jumping puzzle to disable the speaker on eden 6. do you even get anything good from doing these? theyre kind of annoying.

ASenileAnimal fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Oct 12, 2019

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

ASenileAnimal posted:

minor complaint: gently caress that jumping puzzle to disable the speaker on eden 6. do you even get anything good from doing these? theyre kind of annoying.

XP and Eridium for each one and an email from Moxxi with a prize for all of them.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Fureil posted:

That's because the true character to be annoyed by is Ava, obviously.

My only problem with Ava is the writers were inconsistent on how much of a potty-mouth she is.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

So I went and did all the translation stones and sequel speculation Like 80% of them talk about the Guardians about how there's so many of them and something is corrupting them, I get the feeling Borderlands 4 will be some sort of 'Guardians go crazy' type of deal with them attacking each planet at once

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Lucian is a ridiculous gun and I love it.

https://gfycat.com/fluidcheapbrahmanbull

https://gfycat.com/warmheartedrecentanglerfish

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

do jakobs guns become better with fl4k at a higher level? im around 25 right now and i find myself using cov pistols and assault rifles 90% of the time. i feel you get swarmed so much i survive alot better spraying an endless shitload of bullets at everything without having to worry about reloading.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

ASenileAnimal posted:

do jakobs guns become better with fl4k at a higher level? im around 25 right now and i find myself using cov pistols and assault rifles 90% of the time. i feel you get swarmed so much i survive alot better spraying an endless shitload of bullets at everything without having to worry about reloading.

A Jakobs shotgun combined with Fade Out is an incredibly good crowd-clearer. You only need three shots to kill shitloads of people.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

Darth Walrus posted:

A Jakobs shotgun combined with Fade Out is an incredibly good crowd-clearer. You only need three shots to kill shitloads of people.

ah, ive been sticking with the rakks and red tree skills. ill try fade out once i max out that tree.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
Leveling FL4K and got a Ruby's Wrath off Traunt. Let me just say: this thing is nuts and I've seen a hilarious number of enemies get juggled into the skybox

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
might be more a symptom of the forums dying, but for a month old triple a shooter that's designed to be played for ages, this thread isn't seeing much activity

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
Who cares?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

i was making a random observation you're free to ignore.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

More of a flaw that the endgame has pretty much already been maxxxed and taxxxed and we’re now in the holding cycle until new content arrives.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

^burtle posted:

More of a flaw that the endgame has pretty much already been maxxxed and taxxxed and we’re now in the holding cycle until new content arrives.

That and there's no clear way to chase after the overwhelming majority of gear beyond brute forcing RNG.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Rinkles posted:

might be more a symptom of the forums dying, but for a month old triple a shooter that's designed to be played for ages, this thread isn't seeing much activity

There's not a whole lot to say about it, its not a live service so people are just checking out until DLC shows up.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Father Wendigo posted:

That and there's no clear way to chase after the overwhelming majority of gear beyond brute forcing RNG.

And not even having enough vault room to store most of it.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Father Wendigo posted:

I mean that’s the case for the series and genre in general. Part of the problem is that many people already have perfect loadouts so there’s not a lot to do in the endgame rn

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008

Rinkles posted:

How much activity should it be seeing

forhorglingrads
Aug 14, 2003

Dutymode posted:

It's hard to tell what does more damage because everything dies so fast. If you want to be tankier and probably do just as much damage maybe just run this.

If you want maximum damage, you might go all the way to tenacious defense, not use deathless, and then plan for it to trigger.

Which do you think is best out of these?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Six AM posted:

How much activity should it be seeing

idk, but i was expecting more.

^burtle posted:

And not even having enough vault room to store most of it.

in hindsight, this drained a lot of my enthusiasm (and that's before it all got wiped). i might not need all of those legendaries, but a lot of them are cool and worth experimenting with or saving for other characters, and there's infinite variation in artifacts and mods. the real killer is periodically having to sort through and manage what's least worth stashing.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I sell the stuff I don't use.

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene

forhorglingrads posted:

Which do you think is best out of these?

+1500 hp

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

I thought Moze wanted as little health as possible?

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene

Darth Walrus posted:

Depends on the build. Moze has several really strong builds.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Darth Walrus posted:

She can some to all reserve HP in exchange for shields with skills and an artifact.

The only thing she can't do is have interesting dialogue. :(

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Father Wendigo posted:

She can some to all reserve HP in exchange for shields with skills and an artifact.

There is something kind of charming about her trying to be a serious, professional soldier doing a good job for her employers in this game of all games, though.

lost my retainer
Oct 28, 2002

Blow me
Since I got a recurring hex a few days ago I leveled Moze to try a grenades spam build and holy poo poo it really does faceroll mayhem 3. I just soloed two slaughter shafts without ever going into FFYL mode.
Right now I'm running with a Flakker, what are some good other weapons for this ?

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
I’d be interested in seeing a character/build survey of people who have trouble with Katagawa Ball and people who don’t. I just killed it on TVHM with blue tree Moze and didn’t have any more trouble than I did on my first run. Two shock railguns on IB makes short work of him once the armor’s off. Besides that I just used some purple Jakobs AR and the legendary chupcabra grenade.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
I had no problem with kata ball in normal mode with Fl4k. Katagowa Jr gave me more trouble because I didn't have a good sniper

lost my retainer
Oct 28, 2002

Blow me

Sex Hobbit posted:

I’d be interested in seeing a character/build survey of people who have trouble with Katagawa Ball and people who don’t. I just killed it on TVHM with blue tree Moze and didn’t have any more trouble than I did on my first run. Two shock railguns on IB makes short work of him once the armor’s off. Besides that I just used some purple Jakobs AR and the legendary chupcabra grenade.

I never had trouble with Katagawa Ball on Moze or Flak but I try to stay under him or as close as possible and kill him asap instead of avoiding poo poo.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Darth Walrus posted:

All your hp gets converted in to shields so it's still a straight buff. Also phalanx skill buffs are amazing.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lost my retainer posted:

Since I got a recurring hex a few days ago I leveled Moze to try a grenades spam build and holy poo poo it really does faceroll mayhem 3. I just soloed two slaughter shafts without ever going into FFYL mode.
Right now I'm running with a Flakker, what are some good other weapons for this ?

Ogre is good. The splash and large mag size means you never have to reload and it keeps your grenades fully stocked.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

i've seen so many legenaries multipe times (including a pile of anointed hellwalkers) but i didn't even know the ogre was in this game

Dutymode
Dec 31, 2008

To me it's all about dps, I don't need to be any tankier.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Father Wendigo posted:

I actually liked her response to Rhys's stache. "Is that mustache authorized?"

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Father Wendigo posted:

She has some good one liners.

One of her barks if you ping a chest is "Check out that chest! *giggles*"

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008
So what are some of her good ones?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
The one where she gives her full name. And her ECHO Log on Sanctuary, too.