Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.

Leith Maclaine posted:

I think I am actually agreeing with Squiggly.

Letting e- talk but I am avout convinced.

##unvote
Avout=about

Using my phone so I am making a lot of typos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Tomorrow is a holiday here so I pretty much will not be posting at all

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

So if we're going to kill someone do it now

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
I'm an Archivist. I secure copies of files of players from the archives, as long as they're still alive, and passively study information from the files each night - I can learn alignment, role, who they targeted and who they were targeted by, but it's entirely at random. I presume this is how scum are janitoring kills, given the flavor - they have a player that's removing files from the archives. It would be really weird for scum to have a repeatable janitored kill; my hypothesis is that one player gets the files and another does the kill. I don't have any kind of active ability that reveals a janitored flip.

I had Hum's file at the start of the game. I learned he was town at the start of N1. I targeted Taste N1, to get his file, which explains why I was tracked to him. Taste was a Jailer, I learned that at the start of N2, and also that Hum targeted himself with an ability on N1. I appear to get a fact about every file I have at the start every night. With this, I elected to target myself last night; I'm hoping that I'll get a bit of info about someone targeting me at some point, which I can then use to verify their role. I already know my role/alignment, of course, so there shouldn't be a chance of learning that information. I realize that targeting someone else in an effort to learn their alignment would be nice, but I have no clue what the chances of that are; in addition, me posting poo poo about janitored players doesn't do much to clear me, as they can't exactly back me up. This is why I was reluctant to claim - I have a role that can potentially get valuable info on scum, but all I have is information on dead players who can't back me up.

If you think this role is weird, I think it is too. But so are repeated janitored kills and the almost-VT sharing one use of a power that lead to two modkills.

Retro Futurist posted:

So if we're going to kill someone do it now

There's an entire day left, if you're deadset (heh) on me being dead just leave your vote on me. It would be nice to get some more discussion done instead of jumping immediately into the night.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##unvote

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Need to reread

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hmmm I dunno very convenient to only have info about dead janitored players

What scum role or weird 3p role do you feel that directly counters?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Hal Incandenza posted:

Hmmm I dunno very convenient to only have info about dead janitored players

What scum role or weird 3p role do you feel that directly counters?

I assumed Taste would be unlikely to be killed in the night, which is why I went for his file.

The janitoring is what I presume I'm meant to counter, the wording of the night kill results is suggesting that files are missing from the archives. Theoretically I guess there could be a 3P wincon based around this, but it seems unlikely.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

I do not see how anything ep said is connected with him visiting fisk on N1. Rereading again.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Epsilon Plus posted:

So both b-minus and taste are town, but one of Hal and I must be scum?

I did visit Fisk, but didn't kill him. I'd rather not claim my role at this point, other than to say that I directly counter what I presume to be either a scum role or a really weird 3P.

You say here that you visited Fisk but in your other pist you say N1 you tracked taste.

Which is it?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Leith Maclaine posted:

You say here that you visited Fisk but in your other pist you say N1 you tracked taste.

They're the same person lmao, Jonathan Fisk used to have the username Tremendous Taste

https://votefinder.org/player/tremendous-taste

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Be aware that the only thing keeping me from voting e+ right now is the fact that means I was wrong about Hal. Unless a much better explantion is given, I will be voting for e+ tomorrow afternoon.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Epsilon Plus posted:

They're the same person lmao, Jonathan Fisk used to have the username Tremendous Taste

https://votefinder.org/player/tremendous-taste

Well, okay, back to rereading.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
Smells like a huuuige bunch of bullshit to me, wasn't this an "almost vanilla" game. gently caress this ##vote e

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Good morning, comrades.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I don’t understand why Ep was hesitant to claim that role. Seems bullshit.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Real quick question on the Ecco Cop: could Hal and Ep both be scum?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

merk posted:

Yeah I am ready to hammer, that claim reads exactly like a carefully constructed lie, but for transparencies sake I will let Solus answer that first

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Happy Thanksgiving Opop! And any other Canadians here...

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

derp posted:

Smells like a huuuige bunch of bullshit to me, wasn't this an "almost vanilla" game. gently caress this ##vote e

The OP:

Dancer posted:

This is a not-entirely-vanilla game for 14-15 players. (read: 80+% of all actions that will happen will be common and normal. There will be some odd eggs in-between but nothing really game-changing)

This reads to me as saying "not role madness, but some strangeness is going on", not "almost vanilla". kind of a weird way to read it!

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

merk posted:

Not unless one's scum and one's 3p- they can't both be members of An Actual Scum Team

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Coolio. Let’s hammer.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##vote E+

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Epsilon Plus (6): Retro Futurist, Squiggly, Anomalous Amalgam, Hal Incandenza, Hal Incandenza, SolusLunes, merk, Anomalous Amalgam, derp, Hal Incandenza
Leith Maclaine (0): Squiggly, Squiggly
Hal Incandenza (0): SolusLunes, Leith Maclaine, derp, Squiggly, Squiggly, SolusLunes, Leith Maclaine, derp
Squiggly (0): Hal Incandenza, Hal Incandenza, merk, merk
merk (0): Squiggly, Squiggly

Not Voting (4): Anomalous Amalgam, b-minus1, Epsilon Plus, Leith Maclaine

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is October 14th, 2019 at 3 a.m. CEST -- that's in about 8 hours, 43 minutes.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hal Incandenza posted:

Happy Thanksgiving Opop! And any other Canadians here...

:cheers:
gently caress Columbus tho

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Epsilon Plus, ???, ???-aligned ???, is executed

In his lodgings are found piles upon piles of files that elucidate the identities of some other interesting people...

Epsilon Plus was Lavrentiy Beria, Anti-Party aligned File Arsonist

quote:

You are chief of the NKVD and member of the Presidium Lavrentiy Beria.

You are kinda the worst. Power-hungry ruthless mass-murderer with a side of serial rapist. You're currently one of the bigger fish in the post-Stalin Presidium pond, and you're trying to consolidate your power. Thankfully you also have a few puppets to do your bidding.

You are an Anti-Party aligned File Arsonist. As a night action you may EITHER target a player, stealing their files from the archives, making it so that their flip is janitored when they die OR you may burn all the files acquired thus far. Any non-burned files get returned to the archives upon your death (thus potentially un-janitoring earlier flips).

Since you were the first one to act upon Stalin's condition, you have a head start on everyone else. You start with the file of --REDACTED-- pre-stolen.

Mr. Humalong was Vasily Stalin, Party aligned Civilian

quote:

You are Vasily Stalin. You are Joseph Stalin's son. You like to think you matter. There was no airplane crash.

You are a Party-alligned civilian.

--REDACTED-- --REDACTED-- --REDACTED--

Jonathan Fisk was Georgy Zhukov, Party aligned Jailer

quote:

You are Big Boss-Man in Charge Georgy Zhukov.

You're the man. Germany personally surrendered to you. Who else can say that? Your military reputation extends even into civilian politics, giving you great power to Give No Fucks.

You are a Party-aligned Jailer. You may target a player every night as an active power. They will be secluded from any further gameplay interactions for the night.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Bonus Zhukov:
https://imgur.com/gallery/Pqkl1mL

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Everyone's still here.

Day 4 begins.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Not Voting (9): Anomalous Amalgam, b-minus1, derp, Hal Incandenza, Leith Maclaine, merk, Retro Futurist, SolusLunes, Squiggly

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is October 16th, 2019 at 3 a.m. CEST -- that's in about 1 day, 15 hours.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
Oh my god Hal not scum and saved someone? MVP

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Very nice.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Well, congrats, Squiggly.

Between binus and merk, there is a scum.

##vote merk

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

(and yes, the fact that Fisk flipped as town means 100% that merk is scum).

Thanks Hal for making me not die.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

SolusLunes posted:

Well, congrats, Squiggly.

Between binus and merk, there is a scum.

##vote merk

Duh

Don't everyone call every replacement scum ok this is a one time thing

##vote merk

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

##vote merk

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote merk

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
Loll ##vote merk

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
##vote merk

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I wanted to kill tommu :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dancer
May 23, 2011
merk has been lynched

quote:

You are Minister for Defence Aleksandr Vasilevsky

You're not the big brother Zhukov who personally accepted the surrender of Germany, but the surrender of Japan is kinda cool too, you guess. Still you're a bit jealous. You have a reasonably strong position as Minister for Defence, and you're not a big fan of Khrushchev. How bad can this Beria guy really be?

You are an Anti-Party alligned Unstoppable/Ninja. If you are the one performing the factional night-kill, you may choose one of the two modifiers to apply to it.