Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thatfuturekid
Jan 5, 2014
Fractured was fine, but I really dig In The Tall Grass. It makes little sense, but it was tense and looked nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
In The Tall Grass was better than I expected. That's about all I can say.

I guess I liked it more than In The Shadow Of The Moon and Time Trap

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.
Genuinely embarrassed for anybody involved making Fractured

That was bad

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

I enjoyed El Camino for the fan service but it was kind of funny seeing how old and bloated everyone was

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Yeah Todd looked looked like he had been eating a lot of ice cream in that compound

It was an ok film but like a lot of others have said it was totally unnecessary. Skinny Pete and whatshisname were the best part

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Where's Tall Girl vs Tall Grass, Netflix?

edit: It will have two endings, depending on who Zim chooses to side with.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 24 days!
In the tall grass is from the cube director so I'm a bit letdown over the reviews

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.

Medullah posted:

Anyone checked out Goliath season 3? I absolutely loved the first season, but the second was a little meh, though Patty is still a fantastic character.

It's a lot more like the second season than the first, and the quality dips a bit. I liked it because of Billy Bob and Patty but I can see a lot of people not.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I watched El Camino last night and really dug it. It may not be a sequel that was strictly necessary, but it's still better than 99% of the Netflix movies I've sat through. Also, slight spoilers, but I didn't realize Robert Forster was going to be in it. Was a bit bittersweet, but definitely nice to see him in a great role. Liked Scott MacArthur's character too, after this and Righteous Gemstones I look forward to seeing his name pop up in other stuff.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Disney+ made a Twitter thread flexing on basically everything coming to the service on launch day.

Rest assured we can all relax because Brink will be there on day one.

https://twitter.com/disneyplus/status/1183715553057239040

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

https://twitter.com/disneyplus/status/1183720155353796609

I'm unironically looking forward to all the hokey stuff the most.

Edit: Muppets aren't hokey, I just couldn't figure out the link with only The Apple Dumpling Gang.

Detective No. 27 fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Oct 14, 2019

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Detective No. 27 posted:

Same, if it's in HD. I'd love to see the old Hardy Boys serials in decent quality.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Hell yeah Flight of The Navigator.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Enos Cabell posted:

I watched El Camino last night and really dug it. It may not be a sequel that was strictly necessary, but it's still better than 99% of the Netflix movies I've sat through. Also, slight spoilers, but I didn't realize Robert Forster was going to be in it. Was a bit bittersweet, but definitely nice to see him in a great role. Liked Scott MacArthur's character too, after this and Righteous Gemstones I look forward to seeing his name pop up in other stuff.

It was bugging me while I was watching El Camino because I recognized Scott MacArthur from somewhere and it finally hit me that he was Kaitlin Olson's dirtbag boyfriend on The Mick. That's some good range.

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

Scott MacArthur will be perfect for Matt Pike bio-pic

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

old.flv posted:

Scott MacArthur will be perfect for Matt Pike bio-pic

Hah, I just saw them play a few months back. Yes, yes he would.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

Tim Whatley posted:

Disney+ made a Twitter thread flexing on basically everything coming to the service on launch day.

Rest assured we can all relax because Brink will be there on day one.

https://twitter.com/disneyplus/status/1183715553057239040

https://twitter.com/disneyplus/status/1183724477735006208?s=20

I'll do a free trial to watch some gargoyles, sure.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Detective No. 27 posted:

https://twitter.com/disneyplus/status/1183720155353796609

Edit: Muppets aren't hokey, I just couldn't figure out the link with only The Apple Dumpling Gang.

I'm totally down for some 60's/70's live action Disney.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Honest Thief posted:

In the tall grass is from the cube director so I'm a bit letdown over the reviews

The reviews are interesting because they tell you a lot about a person. Many are bitching that it didn't make sense and was confusing. Others are trying to interpret the rock as being Jesus or some other Christian icon and the field as purgatory. Some describe it as a time loop. The dad says the brother chose all options and all led to his death which I interpret as the rock causing a space time distortion (for lack of a better term) with many or perhaps all possible scenarios playing out simultaneously for all characters. We the observers are moving through alternate universes along with the characters so the story we see is inconsistent. I choose to believe the rock is a remnant of the primordial universe from before our reality was set.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Here's a feature-film length reel with everything coming to Disney+

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0FRDaHnITI

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Ignis posted:

Here's a feature-film length reel with everything coming to Disney+

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0FRDaHnITI

Maaaan, I ain't watching a 3 hour video just to find out if they're gonna have Mr. Boogedy on there or not

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

ChickenMedium posted:

Maaaan, I ain't watching a 3 hour video just to find out if they're gonna have Mr. Boogedy on there or not

its there yes.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

at 34:09 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0FRDaHnITI&t=2049s

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

dudeness posted:

https://twitter.com/disneyplus/status/1183724477735006208?s=20

I'll do a free trial to watch some gargoyles, sure.

The disparity in quality between these two shows is astounding.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
What about the Hardy Boys Disney serials, are they in there?

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much
Doesn’t look like it, there is a surprising lack of tv shows prior to the 80’s in the lineup

a starchy tuber
Sep 9, 2002

hi yes I'm very normal
I didn't see Midnight Madness on the list and I'm furious.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

https://twitter.com/GC9X/status/1183766522898108421

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Are there rights issues with the original Brave LIttle Toaster or something? The two crappy sequels have been on Netflix forever and they're both announced for Disney+ but the first one's still nowhere to be seen.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Fawf posted:

Are there rights issues with the original Brave LIttle Toaster or something? The two crappy sequels have been on Netflix forever and they're both announced for Disney+ but the first one's still nowhere to be seen.

I looked on the wiki for the movie. It was not distributed by Disney in theaters. They apparently got TV rights and then home video rights. So it's entirely possible they technically don't have streaming rights.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
AMC the theater chain is launching a new streaming movie service.

To answer your first and only question: No. They will have movies available to stream at the same time as iTunes and everyone else.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

Zero One posted:

AMC the theater chain is launching a new streaming movie service.
Huh, really? Are they goi--

quote:

To answer your first and only question: No.
I have no more questions.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

If it connects with Movies Anywhere it could have some value.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Jose Oquendo posted:

If it connects with Movies Anywhere it could have some value.

Yes if it does I might use it from time to time since I have A-list. But it will basically come down to any deals they offer.

rngd in the womb
Oct 13, 2009

Yam Slacker
Watched The Lives of Others on US Netflix last night, and I'm going to think about this movie for a long time. Watch it, yall!

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

This is loving perfect. Thanks for sharing.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Jolo posted:

This is loving perfect. Thanks for sharing.

I'm waiting for all the inevitable, "Holy poo poo did you know Kurt Russell did a ton of Disney movies when he was a kid?" posts on social media.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
It boggles my mind that a bunch of people think it's hilarious that there is a movie called "The Ugly Dachshund" (or any other example from these Twitter posts) as if these movies haven't always existed for most of them. These people act like they discovered some amazing treasure trove of comedic or obscure titles but it's goddamned Disney.

It's like those Twitter threads where someone attempts to expose the seedy underside to some historical moment as if there aren't dissertations and books aplenty on the subject and they've only just found out about it and assume everyone else is equally ignorant.

Alec Eiffel fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Oct 15, 2019

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
Hey i was already aware of that, why the gently caress did i have to read that post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

rngd in the womb posted:

Watched The Lives of Others on US Netflix last night, and I'm going to think about this movie for a long time. Watch it, yall!

I saw this movie at a screening at my community college years ago and it was extremely good.