Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
https://twitter.com/CEOJebailey/status/1178464173522640896

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

HerniaFlange posted:

It's gonna be a few more trailers before they start showing new characters, isn't it.
they're probably showing off all the new designs first yeah. though dependign on how you define 'new' they might get to xx characters who werent in rev pretty soon.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Monaghan posted:

New character I have met only one other axl main in my life, but I'm glad I'm part of this unseen demographic that demands that he comes back. I thought for sure he'd be a no go this time.

Outside of Kliff who is just dead all of the OG GG characters made it back for Xrd and I don't see why Axl wouldn't either.

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

Monaghan posted:

New character I have met only one other axl main in my life, but I'm glad I'm part of this unseen demographic that demands that he comes back. I thought for sure he'd be a no go this time.

I just like the implication that he's actually going to be using his time powers. There's a lot they could do with that, even if most of it ends up just being visual flair in supers and such.

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

You when you read my posts:

Endorph posted:

they're probably showing off all the new designs first yeah. though dependign on how you define 'new' they might get to xx characters who werent in rev pretty soon.

Yeah, that seems like the most likely thing. I'd have to assume there's going to be at least a couple all-new designs (including the new samurai dude), maybe one or two story characters getting given movelists as well. A few returning XX characters would be awesome, but I'd have to think they'd also probably get a mostly if not entirely new movelist if they didn't think they were worth adding to the last one.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

They are going to do a new reveal every two weeks until launch so hold onto your butts for new exciting daredevils slayer and ino announcing in october

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Brought To You By posted:

Outside of Kliff who is just dead all of the OG GG characters made it back for Xrd and I don't see why Axl wouldn't either.

hosed up to treat testament like this

edit: also wrt xx characters who werent in xrd, zappa and roboky feel likely since it felt like they intended them to be in xrd and just never got to them, since they were both fairly prominent in story mode. zappa even got an actual new design.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Sep 30, 2019

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I forgot he existed, but isn't he also dead?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Roboky is hopefully gonna be sick

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Brought To You By posted:

I forgot he existed, but isn't he also dead?
Nah he just hosed off to the woods

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

I think it's very likely Venom won't be in, considering they went out of his way to give him an epilogue and his general gameplay style doesn't seem to mesh well the design ideas they've talked about.

Other than that, hard to say! I really want Robo-ky, who I think might be likely not just because of his role in Rev's story but because of Ky's redesign making him more distinct by comparison (plus, we don't know for sure if his new body is going to look just like the old one.)

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

The end of the story mode in Xrd put Haehyun in kind of a central important position so I feel like she has a good chance of returning out of all the Xrd additions.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Business ninja is too good a concept to leave fallow

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"

Endorph posted:

hosed up to treat testament like this

edit: also wrt xx characters who werent in xrd, zappa and roboky feel likely since it felt like they intended them to be in xrd and just never got to them, since they were both fairly prominent in story mode. zappa even got an actual new design.

I want Testament to come back but I'm afraid he's been consigned to the forest forever.

Rent-a-Bot
Oct 21, 2012

FOOL! DOCTOR DOOM DOES AS HE PLEASES!
:gaz: :gaz: :gaz:

Real hurthling! posted:

Business ninja is too good a concept to leave fallow

For as cool as Answer's shtick was, I still constantly forget that he's a playable character in xrd.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

He came late. Still got work to do.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

SEA Major schedule posted.

https://twitter.com/SEAsiaMajor/status/1181173721609883650?s=20

BB and GG top 4's start a 1pm local, assuming bb takes an hour, that puts GG at 2PM local. They're -8 so it'll be between 2AM-3AM EDT Sunday morning for the next trailer.

Twitch Channel: https://www.twitch.tv/gamestartasia

REV 2 pools 10pm EDT Friday night.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
here is my predictions, based on nothing.

Shoe-Ins:
Faust

Very likely:
Johnny
Potemkin
Zato
Millia

Likely:
I-No
Chipp
Dizzy
Elphelt

could go either way:
Jam
Slayer
Leo
Zappa
Sin
Kum
Baiken
Venom

Unlikely:
Ramlethal
Answer
ABA
Bridget
Robo-Ky
Testament
Anji
Bedman
Jack-O
Raven

lol:
Kliff
Justice

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

You when you read my posts:
The next character will be a Sicilian welder named Angelo (after famed shred guitarist Michael Angelo Batio) whose primary attacks are all air-based specials designed to drop down on the opponent after jumping very high and spawning blocks he can crush with his head to gain power-ups that grant him additional moves; these blocks will also impede the movement of his opponents, but are easy destroyed by any attack. When he is half life or less he becomes roughly half his normal height, forcing opponents to learn two sets of optimal combo routes to effectively fight this character.

Zappa is a ghost version of a Pokemon trainer put Zappa in Smash.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

No Wave posted:

here is my predictions, based on nothing.

Unlikely:

Jack-O

lol:
Justice

move jack-o to lol because jack-o fused with justice at the end of rev2 and resurrected sol's dead girlfriend. that man is almost definitely in though and i wouldn't be surprised if he plays like jack-o

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Haehyun is a lot more likely for how she fit into story mode, which they said the new game continues.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Well, if we can accept Xrd as precedent being important to story mode doesn’t really guarantee a spot at all.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Well, if we can accept Xrd as precedent being important to story mode doesn’t really guarantee a spot at all.

That is bullshit blazing

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Remember when HOS led the wanted character poll for like 90% of its run? That was a good time, we should go back to that era.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Didnt bridget win all those polls

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Real hurthling! posted:

IIRC in the only official poll (that led to Dizzy being DLC for Revelator) the final results were Dizzy, Bridget, Baiken, in that order.

He would completely destroy any follow-up though because all of his real competition already got turned into actual characters.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
put President Gabriel in cowards

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

The top five of the xrd character poll were Dizzy (32,990), Bridget (32,639), Baiken (31,281), HOS (28,977), and Anji (13,758). HOS was leading for a good chunk of time, but the final push was insane. The drop off past HOS though is pretty hilarious though.

Edit: Just for the sake of it:

6 Testament 7578
7 Robo-Ky 5633
8 Izuna 5064
9 A.B.A 3731
10 Zappa 3404
11 Valentine 3274
12 Raven 2665
13 Fanny 2160
14 Dr. Paradigm 2070
15 Justice 1628
16 Kliff Undersn 829

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I never really paid any attention to the stories of older games because it was just fighting with friends and ignoring arcade mode for the most part, but what's the deal with Bridget and Zappa anyway?

Those two get brought up a lot and I have no idea where they stand in the lore. Honestly I don't even remember if I watched the Rev movies. Wasn't That Man revealed to be a catboy or something weird with gray hair? Or am I thinking about some other video game. I hope he's playable and bottom tier regardless though. I just think that would be really really funny considering all these years of build up.

E: I forgot Anji existed until just now.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Both of them are kind of just guys. Zappa is a guy who got possessed by a bunch of ghosts and is looking for Faust to cure him. He eventually found Faust and got more control over the spirits, and in Xrd he's working as an assistant to Faust.

Bridget's just a bounty hunter with no real relevance to the story or any other characters. Both of them are definitely a case of being more popular for their gameplay (Zappa), design (Bridget) or personality than any real story importance.

Anji's actually the most relevant of the guys who didn't make it into Xrd, since he works for That Man.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

Axl trailer: https://youtu.be/e_C7DZLN7sU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I'm hoping the Samurai from the first trailer is playable at Arcrevo.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
Robo-Ky was rumored to be the next dlc character in rev2 for a while iirc so I will be So Upset if he's not in this one!

He was my favorite character in #Reload, the first GG I ever played

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
Hope Chipp's in this one, need more druggie weeaboo ninjas

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Chipp Zanuff: 500 chips delicious

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Was Chipp also the president in Xrd, or did I fever dream that?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

He was a president, more or less self appointed of his own country, and he is basically channeling Metal Wolf Chaos energy.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Was Chipp also the president in Xrd, or did I fever dream that?

he was indeed the president

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Chipp is the president of Strongbadia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

https://twitter.com/ArcSystemWorksU/status/1187407742123724800?s=19

Some more info coming out next Sunday. Then after that is ArcRevo where a lot of people will get to try the demo.

Anyone going? I almost booked a trip to Irvine for that but I had to cancel due to work.