Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

omfg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe
slap some bitchin sauce on them stroops

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Orvin posted:

Anyone have experience buying appliances through Costco? I am specifically looking for a new washer and dryer in the near future. Are the delivery/install crews actual Costco employees, or are they contracted out?

Contracted out. You can check out my post history if you want to read some posts from when I got a fridge. In my area the dudes that came were cool and good. Results may vary but in the end, the church abides.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
I ordered a big-rear end deep freeze and it took 3 times before I got one that wasn't broken. They made it right though with little hassle.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
bitchin sauce is so drat good. its a calorie bomb though so i try to only buy it for special occasions and parties and such. always a hit.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Same.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

are they individually wrapped? if so id give these out to trick-or-treaters

rufius
Feb 27, 2011

Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.

Chinatown posted:

My box was not. They’re in three big batches of plastic wrap with a twist tie to seal.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Hold on, is this what everyone was talking about? I thought it was just some Belgian waffle style chip snack.

I need to try these immediately.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

pentyne posted:

Hold on, is this what everyone was talking about? I thought it was just some Belgian waffle style chip snack.

lovely stroopwaffels are still tasty. I got some on an airplane a year ago and even that was delicious.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
I excitedly pointed them out to my wife who said she never really liked them.

I guess that explains why I ended up eating the bag of mini stroopwaffels I got her from world market.

I doubt I could take down the whole bag myself, so it shall remain a fun treat.

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Orvin posted:

Anyone have experience buying appliances through Costco? I am specifically looking for a new washer and dryer in the near future. Are the delivery/install crews actual Costco employees, or are they contracted out?

I bought most of my appliances through CostCo (washer + dryer a few years ago, kitchen remodel last year) and the delivery/install service has always been good, if 3rd party.

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

pentyne posted:

You really, really do. Protip: take one and put it on top of your mug of coffee or tea until the caramel gets melty.

I’m gonna get some when I head to church later to get a giant bag of candy for me... I mean, trick or treaters

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Counterpoint, my co-worker tried to buy a fridge from Costco and they quoted him like 3 weeks for delivery and re-schedule twice so he ended up cancelling the sale instead.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Zombie Dachshund posted:

You really, really do. Protip: take one and put it on top of your mug of coffee or tea until the caramel gets melty.

its a good protip but i habitually fly too close to the melty caramel sun, leave the waffle on too long, and it collapses into my drink

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I had a good fridge ordering experience from Costco, it took a couple days longer than I had expected but they delivered on Saturday and the haul away service rules. It is all whatever local company they contract though so YMMV.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

They'll use local contractors so peoples' experiences dealing with the contractor aren't too useful. What is useful is knowing that if the contractor fucks up you can yell at CostCo to fix it.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Chinatown posted:

drat that's a good idea, but nah, not individually

These aren't the best but they're still drat good

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

its a good protip but i habitually fly too close to the melty caramel sun, leave the waffle on too long, and it collapses into my drink

Look on the bright side, Icarus! This way you get to enjoy a caramel beverage: people pay like $5 for that at Starbucks. PBUC

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Not the right thread, but Trader Joe's has mini stroopwafels.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

FogHelmut posted:

yeah those are good and where i usually get em. i think trader joes and costco has a lot of overlap. they carry a lot of the same products (i.e. their french onion soups are the same), and trader joes is the smaller-packaged costco and runs similar cheaply priced products. both pay their employees a fairly good wage and benefit package (for retail) and have ample amounts of people working all the time.

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

Yo just drink that stroopcoffee. Get a second stroop to dunk in the stroop.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

FogHelmut posted:

After years of only seeing them in Europe, suddenly they are EVERYWHERE, even Walgreens.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

I finally found Bitchin Sauce at New Seasons, but bought it in between business trips so its sitting at home waiting for me to get back.

What does everyone do with it? I'm vegetarian so meat things don't apply 😔

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

TraderStav posted:

new LaZBoy computer chair

I got the same one a few months ago.

It's fine. Better than the previous one I got from staples for about the same price. There's better chairs to be had but if you're like me and had no time or energy to do your research and shop around, it gets the job done. Though I haven't had it long enough to see if it withstands the test of time, which is usually where the problem lies in those kinds of chairs.

e: the real problem I have with it is that I bought 3rd party hardwood safe wheels. Turns out the room isn't level and the wheels are extremely low friction, so the chair loves rolling away at the worst times. But that's not the chair's fault.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

I finally found Bitchin Sauce at New Seasons, but bought it in between business trips so its sitting at home waiting for me to get back.

What does everyone do with it? I'm vegetarian so meat things don't apply 😔
After first tasting it I thought celery would be the best but it’s merely OK. It’s a lot more watery than I expected so it doesn’t stick very well to stuff. I wasn’t all that impressed with it, and I’m glad my CostCo doesn’t have it because I would have gotten really sick of it with a giant container.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Squashy Nipples posted:

After years of only seeing them in Europe, suddenly they are EVERYWHERE, even Walgreens.

It is funny that over the last decade they've started showing up everywhere in the US.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

david_a posted:

After first tasting it I thought celery would be the best but it’s merely OK. It’s a lot more watery than I expected so it doesn’t stick very well to stuff. I wasn’t all that impressed with it, and I’m glad my CostCo doesn’t have it because I would have gotten really sick of it with a giant container.

So, imo Bitching Sauce is one of those things that took me awhile to warm up to but once I did, i loved it. All da goons were hyping it up so i bought a tub from Costco, and I thought "man.. this isn't great. god damnit i've been tricked by goons again, gently caress" and then I ate a little more, and a little more, and before I realized it the the whole tub vanished over several days. I bought a second one on my next trip and that also evaporated soon after.

Personally, pita chips, tortilla chips, broccoli, and carrots work pretty well. tortilla chips are my favorite but anything mostly goes, though i'd agree not celery

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Everyone raved about the Normandy Blend and Pub Mix and those were not very good.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

FilthyImp posted:

Everyone raved about the Normandy Blend and Pub Mix and those were not very good.

:wrong:

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Went to Costco yesterday and signed up for the Executive and got the MasterCard. Stoked to go and buy all the big rear end loving muffins in the world

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

FilthyImp posted:

I'll agree about the pub mix, but normandy is completely dependant on how to prepare it, and you gotta bake that poo poo.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Renegret posted:

I got the same one a few months ago.

It's fine. Better than the previous one I got from staples for about the same price. There's better chairs to be had but if you're like me and had no time or energy to do your research and shop around, it gets the job done. Though I haven't had it long enough to see if it withstands the test of time, which is usually where the problem lies in those kinds of chairs.

e: the real problem I have with it is that I bought 3rd party hardwood safe wheels. Turns out the room isn't level and the wheels are extremely low friction, so the chair loves rolling away at the worst times. But that's not the chair's fault.

It's a good chair for me. I don't sit it in a lot, maybe a few hours a week max. I also have carpet so don't have the issues you're describing.

I also don't want to be assed for researching and shopping, as you described! Spot on.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

I bet she spends at least $250
re: Stroopwaffels
I think those mini stroopwaffels suck, give me full size or nothing at all. Did anyone get in on the McDonalds Stroopwaffel McFlurry? Holy crap that was good.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

killer crane posted:

I'll agree about the pub mix, but normandy is completely dependant on how to prepare it, and you gotta bake that poo poo.

yeah i'll second i never liked pub mix (i admit i haven't had it in 10 years but it looks unchanged). but i might be a weirdo because i think gardettos are way better, especially the rye chips are the best part.

normandy can be v good but you also have to understand cooking frozen veggies is kinda a bit tricky because it sweats a whole lot of moisture and can get soggy mess and i like em crispy. you can do a stir-fry, especially any asian-like sauces work well because then soggy is part of it and not noticeble; or you really bake the poo poo out of it with oil+salt+pepper+everything bagel seasoning. i found it better to put them in while the oven is-pre-heating, let them sweat, take em out, dry off with a paper towel and then oil and season it and go back in for 40 minutes @ 450f or something.

are they better than cutting up fresh veggies? hell loving no, if you have the time and money to do regular grocery shopping and preparing them, then there's no point in buying normandy blend; however, if you are lazy and/or constantly forget about the fresh veggies in the crisper drawer till they go bad and often find yourself in a "hmm i dont feel like eating garbage but im also feeling lazy, what do i got in my freezer?" then whipping out a bag of already-cut up affordably cheap normandy blend and making a pot of black rice is about as easy and lazy as you can get for a decent dinner.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Oct 14, 2019

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Spending my gas savings on a hot dog and drink (with free refill). Blessed day.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Picked up some 4505 pork rinds today but forgot to look for those stroopwaffels. Next time I guess

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

FilthyImp posted:

Yeah, those are definitely two regret purchases for me too.

Re: Normandy, I know how to cook frozen vegetables and it's still not great, due to the differing densities and sizes of the vegetable pieces. I stick to the fresh broccoli florets.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

The Normandy blend is perfectly fine, but it also helps to toss them in something where they can cook. You probably don't want to just steam them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

binge crotching posted:

The Normandy blend is perfectly fine, but it also helps to toss them in something where they can cook. You probably don't want to just steam them.

steaming is fine if you arent a dingus and get impatient (like me) or forget about it too long (like me)