Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
allllllrighty just gonna timeout this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
let's try again

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

graph posted:

let's try again

macbook pros used to be good and now they're bad. what happened??

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

akadajet posted:

steve jobs died for your sins and now keyboards are bad.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

akadajet posted:

apple shouldve not used ive’s hair for switches

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

also se 2 next year for 400, as it were. no 3d touch

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

akadajet posted:

crapple

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Lum_ posted:

steve jobs died for your sins and now keyboards are bad.
i jinxed it bc i asked what was wrong with keyboards a few months ago since they felt fine, and now my girlfriends macbook pro 2017(8?)'s butterfly keyboard is all stuck and doesn't depress.

wow thanks timb why is it so bad and not just use good keyboards instead??

pram
Jun 10, 2001
take it to the appel store because they usually give you a completely new laptop for the 2016/2017s because of the keyboard and monitor cable issues lol

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
the keyboards will keep getting shittier while apple insists that this time they've fixed it. it doesn't matter. every apple fan will buy one regardless.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

apple, make a touchscreen thats a keyboard and put a physical overlay so people can lift the whole thing off and wipe it down but have real keys that dont stop when a hair enters the case

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Agile Vector posted:

apple, make a touchscreen thats a keyboard and put a physical overlay so people can lift the whole thing off and wipe it down but have real keys that dont stop when a hair enters the case

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

the 2020 macbook will just be two ipads stuck together with magnets

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

r u ready to WALK posted:

this joke is like a decade old and microsoft is actually making this product

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

akadajet posted:

macbooks pro, please

and the answer is the touchbar. I haven’t had any problems with the keyboard (yet) but steve almighty I want my function keys back

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

qirex posted:

this joke is like a decade old and microsoft is actually making this product

so expect the apple one by 2023 then

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
every innovation to the mac is apple just putting their touchy bits where nobody wants them

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug
it is brilliant for apple to make the se2 "8 with upgraded internals"

there is a good valid reason to want the previous-gen cheaperphone (it is the objectively correct size and everything else is too big), with such a se2 the only differentiator will be "its cheaper"

"nah i got the 11 pro, what am i, poor?"

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Lysidas posted:

it is brilliant for apple to make the se2 "8 with upgraded internals"

are they finally making a phone with a home button again? i destroyted my iphone 6 and have been using 7, lack of headphone jack sucks but at least it still hsa a home button. everytime i've fiddled with a new X/XS phone i feel like a confused boomer and i hate them

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

akadajet posted:

they were never actually good

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Shaggar posted:

they were never actually good

they were however the best laptop on the market for some time

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

even that thing has a better keyboard that a mac book

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

what is the good safari adblocker now

ufarn
May 30, 2009

r u ready to WALK posted:

introducing ,,,, the magbook pro

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

firefox

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

1blockerX desktop is in development. 1blocker legacy is supposed to upgrade to that for free.

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

right now 1blocker is p good, but not perfect. not as good as say, mu block origin. but I haven’t really thought about it much since buying it a while ago

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

OldAlias posted:

1blockerX desktop is in development. 1blocker legacy is supposed to upgrade to that for free.

im not sure this is correct fyi. looking at 1blockerapp twitter the guy says that the new mac version will be free if youve bought the ios version. i havent seen anything about what happens if you bought the current mac version

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

oh. well, thanks for that heads up, I’ve just been repeating wrong stuff. 1blockerX is the best iOS blocker, so get that anyway

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
i want an adblocker that, instead of blocking ads, just shows me more ads

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

i love that, lol

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
:worship:

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

pram posted:

take it to the appel store because they usually give you a completely new laptop for the 2016/2017s because of the keyboard and monitor cable issues lol

this but insist on paying to generate more revenue to preserve steve inviolate forever

pram
Jun 10, 2001
the apple campus spaceship is actually a mystical apparatus that channels cosmic money energy directly into the center nexus. once enough has been gathered our savior shall arise and usher forth a glorious new age of premium consumer electronics

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

agreed spend

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

this is probably supremely functional compared to the mb keyboards

pram posted:

the apple campus spaceship is actually a mystical apparatus that channels cosmic money energy directly into the center nexus. once enough has been gathered our savior shall arise and usher forth a glorious new age of premium consumer electronics

steve sits on his ensconced golden slab guiding all 'find my' requests across the apple user base with his mighty reality distortion field fed only by the sacrifice of every creative idea a designer has

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

isn't that brave?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Agile Vector posted:

this is actually a cool idea, can’t wait for Asus to make a $5k, six kilo ROG suitcase with it in six months.