Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Picking the most Dire year out of the list is a vast competition. If it wasn't for Great Mouse Detective, the 1986 films might take the cake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Is Black Cauldron confirmed?

I loved The Black Cauldron as a kid because it was dark and scary and cool and so different from other Disney movies I'd seen, but after watching it again it as an adult it turned out to be just an incredibly boring mess.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Veib posted:

I loved The Black Cauldron as a kid because it was dark and scary and cool and so different from other Disney movies I'd seen, but after watching it again it as an adult it turned out to be just an incredibly boring mess.

The series of books it's based on is a little better to be fair and to be honest I'd kind of like to see a more accurate adaption of the whole thing one day.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Excuse me?

:stare:

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Waffleman_ posted:

They've got loving Meet the Deedles, so I'm guessing Black Cauldron is in

You misspelled Meet the Feebles.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's about 2 scientists who accidentally reverse their own aging and their kids must fix it before they poof away.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Joker's Ghost Trick

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Pretty hosed up that they're putting up Mr. Boogedy on Disney+ but not Bride of Boogedy.

Richard Masur should sue.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I don't think America ever got 'poof' as a slur, if that's what you're thinking.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

thanks for the clarification

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

The background looks like they pulled it off of one of those free PNG websites but used the preview image by mistake so it still has the fake transparency grid on it.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

Roddy Piper? Is this new?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Obviously not.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Mr. Squishy posted:

Obviously not.

Sorry, I meant "is this a new release?"

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
TJ Miller? loving really?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It was shot years ago and shelved until now.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Vagabundo posted:

Sorry, I meant "is this a new release?"

IMDb says 2015. Part of a glut of films released to cash in on his death, or he was cameoing like a fiend the year he died.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
And the trailer looked boring as hell. It wants to be Alien, but underwater. Except the xenomorph might also be a kaiju judging by the poster.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Pope Corky the IX posted:

TJ Miller? loving really?

T.J. Miller was in goddamn everything for like 5 years straight. What a weird time in retrospect

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The new TJ Miller is about to be Pete Davidson.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Aphrodite posted:

The new TJ Miller is about to be Pete Davidson.

I mean it’s hard to imagine anyone getting canceled as hard as T.J. Miller who managed to cram assaulting an Uber driver, sexual assault, inappropriate work behavior, drinking at work and calling in a false bomb threat into like 18 months

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I don't know, by the looks of him on the last SNL episode, at most we're less than a year out from when they find Pete Davidsons corpse in a back alley or run down hotel room.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He always looked like that.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Him getting an "and TJ Miller" is a funny joke.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I don't know, by the looks of him on the last SNL episode, at most we're less than a year out from when they find Pete Davidsons corpse in a back alley or run down hotel room.

He's got an autoimmune disease.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
Pete’s got that big dick energy

The kind of big dick you get from tropical parasites growing inside it

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
Do people hate Pete Davidson for some reason? I don't really keep up on the online hate wagons (though I do know why everyone hates TJ Miller finally) but the amount of vitriol I see for him is insane.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Ariza posted:

Do people hate Pete Davidson for some reason? I don't really keep up on the online hate wagons (though I do know why everyone hates TJ Miller finally) but the amount of vitriol I see for him is insane.

Yes for some reason given he didn’t do much to garner hate beyond get famous rapidly because he was dating someone extremely famous

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Blast Fantasto posted:

Yes for some reason given he didn’t do much to garner hate beyond get famous rapidly because he was dating someone extremely famous

What? Are you being sarcastic here? This is what I don't get. Who was he dating? Was that before SNL?

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Ariza posted:

What? Are you being sarcastic here? This is what I don't get. Who was he dating? Was that before SNL?

I can’t tell if you’re trying to be sarcastic here but he was on SNL, had the moderate level of fame you get from doing that, then briefly dated Ariana Grande who has had like a dozen top 10 pop hits (multiple #1s) and is roughly a million times more famous than he is.

Their relationship was extremely public and coincided with him becoming a person getting a ton of hate. He was basically a non-entity publicly before that

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
He's also really young and does really stupid things that young people do. Like getting Larry David's daughter's face tattooed on himself when he was dating her, then turning it into a tattoo of Ariana Grande when he was dating her, and then...

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
So they hate him because he dated a pop singer? I just wasn't sure if he was a sex pest and that's why they hated him. That's usually what famous assholes do these days to make everyone hate them. I've heard him on podcasts and he seems self deprecating and very New York.

Edit - I know he was a really young guy on SNL, but I don't really watch that. I figured sex pest or an outspoken liberal. I know various folks on the internet hate both

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I think everyone hates sex pests

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

This is a weird derail, but yeah people's hate for Pete Davidson mostly seems to be some vague "loving millennials" animosity for people who seem to be famous for being famous. He dated a famous pop star, and found himself in tabloids and things overnight. He wasn't a particularly prominent SNL cast member prior to that, but became so after just through sheer momentum.

His comedy is also known for being a sort of "comedy as therapy" thing, so that might put people off. He was a huge stoner, tried going sober, has a bipolar diagnosis, acts out in dramatic ways in public, etc., and it all enters into his act. So maybe some people find that self-indulgent or narcissistic.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

He looks sickly and so inspires disgust. It's a natural reaction.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

CharlestheHammer posted:

I think everyone hates sex pests
That would be a nice reality to live in.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Darthemed posted:

That would be a nice reality to live in.

Even they hate sex pests so they just pretend they aren’t

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Mr. Squishy posted:

He looks sickly and so inspires disgust. It's a natural reaction.

I wish there was some inverse of the "don't tell people what actresses you masturbate to" rule for not talking about how hideously unfuckable you find some young popular entertainer outside of your demographic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
So if my reading of all of this is correct, I'll just keep thinking he's alright. He just happened to date a singer that was more popular than him and he's got a mental illness. Kenan is still good too, right? I liked him when I was a youngin' and I know he's still on that show.

It gets tricky keeping up with who is an actual piece of poo poo in Hollywood. Is there a site for that without weird drama? Like I assumed Pete was a garbage human, but now I feel bad about thinking that.

Wait, why the gently caress am I posting this in a movie poster thread?

Edit - the new Lighthouse poster is amazing. I'm trying to buy a print of it now.

Edit edit - I'm bad at posting on here. The new poster is pretty great. No mermaids, no faces.

https://i.imgur.com/taMdETu.jpg

Did that work?

Ariza fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Oct 16, 2019