Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

FlamingLiberal posted:

This movie comes out in 2 months and nobody knows the basic plot yet

The Whills are exposed as the hidden power behind all of the galaxy’s major conflicts and successfully exterminated in a cooperative effort between the First Order and Resistance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

The MSJ posted:

Will the movie finally reveal what happened to Darth Vader's Soul Edge and Soul Calibur?

Does Namco not distribute Star Wars toys and stuff in Japan anymore? With movies coming out regularly again I'm surprised they didn't do another guest character.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

FlamingLiberal posted:

Rebels vs Empire
Lightsaber duel between blue and red sabers
Space ships flying around
Desert planet

I've got all I need to know to see it

Asgerd
May 6, 2012

I worked up a powerful loneliness in my massive bed, in the massive dark.
Grimey Drawer
Also, an entire fleet of mini death stars that will probably be blown up by a hotshot pilot.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

It’s about hope. And family. Family hope. And that’s great.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
It's about family, and how an uncle attacks his nephew, never owns up to his sister or his brother-in-law about what he did, and then goes out a galactic hero anyway

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

And that's what a random slave child who has no context for any of these events beyond how everyone involved failed to help him, finds so powerful about it

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

No Mods No Masters posted:

And that's what a random slave child who has no context for any of these events beyond how everyone involved failed to help him, finds so powerful about it

but enough about Darth Vader

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Ingmar terdman posted:

but enough about Darth Vader

I hate to ask this, but is there some EU stuff that explores how Vader deals with daily life?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

In the old EU apparently his life was constant pain and aching and his suit was really lovely

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Colostomy Bag posted:

I hate to ask this, but is there some EU stuff that explores how Vader deals with daily life?

He spends most of his down time on the toilet.

More seriously, I think Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader deals with him getting used to the suit.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Colostomy Bag posted:

There's a film called The Empire Strikes Back that chronicles what a typical work week looks like for him.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

El Burbo posted:

In the old EU apparently his life was constant pain and aching and his suit was really lovely
I think RLM did some video a couple of years ago where they read that

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Colostomy Bag posted:

There's a pretty good fan film called Rogue One that suggests he hangs out nude in a bacta tank when he isn't working

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Stairmaster posted:

I think they should try and make the movie good

LOL, everybody point and laugh at this idiot who doesn't know how to make a billion dollars and thinks somehow quality translates to profits. HAHAHAHAHAH.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Ingmar terdman posted:

There's a pretty good fan film called Rogue One that suggests he hangs out nude in a bacta tank when he isn't working

I mean, wouldn't you?

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Stairmaster posted:

I think they should try and make the movie good

Hey now, let's not set our expectations too high.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

thrawn527 posted:

I mean, wouldn't you?

Speaking as a rotting cyborg husk, yeah i totally would

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Darth Vader choking Den Nis in accounting for loving up the paperwork and making Vader have to re-sign the fleet officer requisition form, letting him live because he hit the monthly quota on office supplies replacements

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

FlamingLiberal posted:

Remover the Jabba sub plot from ROTJ and add the Obi Wan gumshoe subplot from AOTC.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Ingmar terdman posted:

I was very glad that the original intention/art from Empire Strikes Back where he lived in a giant castle on a planet otherwise covered in lava was made canon. I just wish he had a pair of pet dragons like they originally wanted to do back then too.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Barudak posted:

Darth Vader choking Den Nis in accounting for loving up the paperwork and making Vader have to re-sign the fleet officer requisition form, letting him live because he hit the monthly quota on office supplies replacements

Imagine Vader's rage when his stapler fucks up.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

FlamingLiberal posted:

Luckily the first two films didn't have a basic plot either

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

My uncle who works at Disney told me that Ben Solo will become a master of the Teras Kasi to defeat Darth Sidious and then kiss Rey on the lips.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

FlamingLiberal posted:

I think RLM did some video a couple of years ago where they read that

I'm kinda over RLM, but that video is one of the best things they've ever done, and I come back to it every now and then

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

weekly font posted:

My uncle who works at Disney told me that Ben Solo will become a master of the Teras Kasi to defeat Darth Sidious and then kiss Rey on the lips.

And not the lips you're thinking of

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Daisy Ridley assures 'this Reylo thing' will be addressed in The Rise of Skywalker

quote:

The Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker star was asked about the ambiguous relationship between her heroic rebel and Adam Driver‘s villainous First Order leader. The two are not entirely enemies. They’re certainly not friends. They don’t seem to not be attracted to each other. There’s just a lot of kind-of-hard-to-pin down tension floating around that’s led to all sorts of speculation, debates and romantic fan art.

“It does not bother me, people writing theories,” Ridley said. “It’s really fun hearing them. Plus, because I know what’s sort of going to happen, I think it’ll be really interesting to see people’s reaction to [the final film]. Obviously, there’s this whole Reylo thing and some people are very passionate about it, some aren’t.”

Ridley hinted that the seemingly romantic connection isn’t left unaddressed by director J.J. Abrams in The Rise of Skywalker.

“J.J. does deal with [it],” she added. “It’s a very complex issue. People talk about toxic relationships and whatever it is. It’s no joke and I think it’s dealt with really well because it’s not skimmed over.”

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 244 days!

Putting aside my lack of faith in Disney to handle anything properly at all, it's really not complicated to figure out "Reylo." Like, they challenge each other philosophically and politically. On the really basic level, this should be the relationship which redeems Kyle Ben- she makes him want to be a better person (as defined by the ideology of the films). Going one step further is that the result should be a synthesis, of course, but Disney doesn't need to get that right for the result to be a depiction of the beginning of a healthy relationship or whatever. Like yeah, their relationship isn't healthy now, but they're bitter ideological rivals at the moment.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
They had a rape scene

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames

I wonder if they'll show penetration

you know like that movie "Baise Moi"

edit: efb

Edit 2: seriously though there was already a rape scene in TFA. He mind rapes her.

Then in TLJ Luke walks in on Kylo finger banging her. He's like an angry dad.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Captain Jesus
Feb 26, 2009

What's wrong with you? You don't even have your beer goggles on!!
Kylo mind rapes Rey but she surprises him by mind raping him back. He's upset at first but then realizes he's actually into it.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Hemp Knight
Sep 26, 2004

Pretty sure TLJ wrapped this up by having Kylo Force-Skype Rey towards the end, and she hangs up on him by closing the Falcon’s landing ramp.

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames
I just hope someone has educated them both

... you know... about the birds and the womprats...

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
I'm pretty sure babies are made when a slave and a Force love each other very much

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 244 days!
Um, yes, interrogations have overtones of rape. The subtext of Vader interrogating Leia is much more directly a rape metaphor. But what actually happens in TFA is that Kylo makes a creepy attempt to flirt and gets shut down hard.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
If we're going to make comparisons to rape, don't be creepy or weird about it. Discuss it with some sensitivity. Rape is a serious crime, and it doesn't need to be joked about or discussed in weird ways. You don't get a pass just because you're using Star Wars telepathy as a comparison point to sexual assault.

TheLoquid
Nov 5, 2008
Looking forward to the big reveal that Kylo was a death star all along

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Franchescanado posted:

If we're going to make comparisons to rape, don't be creepy or weird about it. Discuss it with some sensitivity. Rape is a serious crime, and it doesn't need to be joked about or discussed in weird ways. You don't get a pass just because you're using Star Wars telepathy as a comparison point to sexual assault.

It’s not like you have to dig very deep for sexual undertones in the scene in question. He has her tied down and is telling her “you’ll give me what I want!”

Then in the second one she has a big ol’ crush on him. Is that weird? I dunno

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

General Dog posted:

It’s not like you have to dig very deep for sexual undertones in the scene in question. He has her tied down and is telling her “you’ll give me what I want!”

Then in the second one she has a big ol’ crush on him. Is that weird? I dunno

Like I said, the topic is fine. Just have some decorum for the gravity of which you’re comparing.

Flippant remarks and weird analogies are asking for trouble with that stuff, so just be wary of what you’re posting might come off as hosed up or weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

TheLoquid posted:

Looking forward to the big reveal that Kylo was a death star all along
They’ll put a Death Star in anything now