Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the story is bad comedy through and through and involves your characters going to bret harts house to try and train in the dungeon only they go to the wrong house and the owner makes fun of the characters. also the rock is the US president but the female PC voted for glenn jacobs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Super No Vacancy posted:

the story is bad comedy through and through and involves your characters going to bret harts house to try and train in the dungeon only they go to the wrong house and the owner makes fun of the characters. also the rock is the US president but the female PC voted for glenn jacobs

Lmao please tell me that’s real

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

its real.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
I'm not sure if you're loving with us or not because honestly I could see it being real but it's also very stupid.

But it also also sounds incredibly good.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
the owner of the house actually plays along for a second and says "great, Bret will be here in a minute" before revealing that actually the Harts haven't lived there for ages and she was just loving with you because you're so dumb you just put "where does Bret Hart live" into google maps and then just followed the directions

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
It's like they took the hoaky fish out of water comedy from nba2k19s story mode and doubled down

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

it's good in that it again is a startlingly accurate simulation of the wwe because it teaches you everything is a joke and you're loving stupid if you care about it

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I am actually imagining a bunch of edge lord 15 year olds making their dark avenger CAWs and then being told over and over again that their idealized embodiment of their angst is a dumb poo poo no one respects

And that's pretty funny

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Just play SLAMMED! tbh

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Having watched that video of the player character getting clowned on, and seeing how horrid everything except The Rock ($500 shirt) looks, I am prepared to believe literally anything that anyone says about this game

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

CascadeBeta posted:

Just play SLAMMED! tbh

who wants to read that much

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Ok I am buying this years game.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
capcom! resurrect saturday night slam masters! i command you!

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I am actually imagining a bunch of edge lord 15 year olds making their dark avenger CAWs and then being told over and over again that their idealized embodiment of their angst is a dumb poo poo no one respects

And that's pretty funny

yeah I also think Jimmy Havoc sucks

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

if it drops under $30 w/ all the DLC I'll scoop it up.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Actually I do have the wwe 2k bug a bit but I think I'll just reinstall 2k18 or whichever one had the career mode that was basically just do x things to get into the hall of fame.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Chikara game is out now, it's $15, mixed reviews so far https://store.steampowered.com/app/1072100/CHIKARA_Action_Arcade_Wrestling/

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I wanted to like Fire Pro Worlds story modes more but they were all just everyone telling you that they believe in you and then saying their catch phrase

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Mel Mudkiper posted:

My edgelord deathmatch CAW in SYM and HCTP was cool, unlike all those other ones

(actually none of my CAWs has ever been cool)

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Super No Vacancy posted:

My favorite part of the future in that career mode is that they just assume WWE continues to add LEDs to everything and makes the Wresltemania 2029 arena have LED barricades

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

So does WWE2029 have any fictional talent or is your CAW somehow the only fresh face in a decade?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

edt: my keyboard snt workng

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Is WWE 2k29 any good???

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

The female character is a bigger geek than anyone who actually exists, and the male character is a bigger geek than the female character.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

So does WWE2029 have any fictional talent or is your CAW somehow the only fresh face in a decade?

The girl who gave you a swirlie or whatever is in the 2029 WWE, her name is Brooklyn Von Braun

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I love that even though the roster is built from decades of historic WWE talent the story mode sends you into a future that doesn't matter instead of letting you be a part of all the cool stuff you remember

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

im watching a live stream of the story mode and the female playable character is an absolute delusional nutjob who is completely detached from reality. she attempts (poorly) to use the male characters dead parents and the fact that he's adopted to manipulate him into going to wrestling school.

it really is a wwe game.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Finally a game that realizes that wrestlers are by and large insane idiotic weirdos

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

STONE COLD 64 posted:

im watching a live stream of the story mode and the female playable character is an absolute delusional nutjob who is completely detached from reality. she attempts (poorly) to use the male characters dead parents and the fact that he's adopted to manipulate him into going to wrestling school.

it really is a wwe game.

jesus christ, at least the 2k19 one was just a indy dude works his way into nxt only to get fired and then crash nxt and wwe storyline

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

Finally a game that realizes that wrestlers are by and large insane idiotic weirdos

And here I thought last years story mode hit peak "too close to home" by portraying everyone outside of the WWE as perpetually broke dudes who live in their vans

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I love that even though the roster is built from decades of historic WWE talent the story mode sends you into a future that doesn't matter instead of letting you be a part of all the cool stuff you remember

They could have fuckin went for it with the future stuff, 60 year old Triple H returning as a full-time in-ring competitor for some reason, unstoppable megastar champion Humberto Carrillo. But i'm sure they didn't

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Fat Lowtax posted:

They could have fuckin went for it with the future stuff, 60 year old Triple H returning as a full-time in-ring competitor for some reason, unstoppable megastar champion Humberto Carrillo. But i'm sure they didn't

A heel stable lead by Dominic Mysterio

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Super No Vacancy posted:

the livestream im watching just got to this part and the owner of the hart house absolutely buries the player characters

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
https://twitter.com/pastasauca/status/1184039163735224321

Eggplant Ronin
Apr 26, 2007

How you like my balls now?:smug:

Mel Mudkiper posted:

And here I thought last years story mode hit peak "too close to home" by portraying everyone outside of the WWE as perpetually broke dudes who live in their vans
Your promoter friend being a weird piece of poo poo who tries to sabotage your career is probably the realest thing in a wrestling game next that one Fire Pro where all your friends die and you blow your brains out at the end.

...Did they manage to squeeze Barron Blade in this year somewhere?

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

DenkOps thinks it sucks and that dude friggin LOVES WWE 2K games: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZHauS00q7o

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Tart Kitty posted:

FFNY loving rules, and it sucks that we won't ever get a remaster because of the insane licensing involved, but I would have loved to have seen that specific fight club-style engine get used in other games.

the first person to reimplement most of FFNY's gameplay in an indie game is going to make loving bank

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
Since Chikara AAW was on sale for like $13.50 and I like the company, I went ahead and bought it. Put about an hour into it and the CAW today.

- It's SUPER buggy. There are inoffensive UI glitches but also some stuff that makes CAW hard to use (you can save colors to reuse, but I couldn't ever access my saved colors). Also had a glitch where during a 3-way dance, my character just lost the ability to play. He got laid out and never moved again, but the other two CPU opponents thought he was active and got into a weird gameplay loop where they would try to finish each other but wanted to take me out too but couldn't interact with me so they just stood around.

-The art style is fun and I think it's a nice mix between WWE's lovely realism and FPW's retro graphics.

-The gameplay is exactly what it says: arcade. There are no pinning combo moves (that I saw). There are no reversals. There is one standard way to do your one submission move. It plays like a beat-em-up but with strikes, grapples, top rope moves, and finishers. This is NOT a sim like FPW or even WWE. As far as I could tell, none of the wrestlers played differently, they all move at the same speed and have the same AI.

It's fast-paced and colorful and silly (I electrocuted someone once). I think this will be a fun online fuckaround game once all the weird CAWs get created (I already have Pacman, a Suplex Robot, and a ninja turtle). I can see some fun battle royales happening. It's a little disappointing that it's not more wrestle-y but to be fair, it never promised that.

If this is the "finished product" with no major patches, it will be a pretty janky mess. But if they steadily fix the bugs and glitches, I think it could be a chill way to piledrive fools dressed as Joe Biden or whatever.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

mary had a little clam posted:

If this is the "finished product" with no major patches, it will be a pretty janky mess. But if they steadily fix the bugs and glitches, I think it could be a chill way to piledrive fools dressed as Joe Biden or whatever.

From what I understand, they're going about it the same way as the latest Fire Pro. Fix it up and work on it over time, then when they have a product they're happy enough with they'll release it on consoles.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Fire Pro was also in Early Access for several months, is this EA?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Well I had preordered this game, but given how the overwhelming response from the previews even from the WWE2k fanboys seems to be "it sucks", I'll grab it on sale at some point in the future just to play through MyCareer or something. IF they patch in CAC.