Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

WatermelonGun posted:

every time he says something like “i don’t give one cracklin cranberry” or whatever the gently caress

Yeah personally I hate that poo poo too. So I hate him as a guy and I hate his shtick so I have zero use for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo
Cornette wants to be the first* commentator in this century to introduce a japanese talent signing as "the oriental." Then proceed to dismiss "the internet marks" criticisms by doubling-down, much to the delight of vcrwrestling and other twitter mouthbreathers.

*Somehow get the feeling WWE (likely JBL) already did so. I'd have to sift through Kenzo Suzuki's run.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

FullMetalJackoff posted:

Cornette wants to be the first* commentator in this century to introduce a japanese talent signing as "the oriental." Then proceed to dismiss "the internet marks" criticisms by doubling-down, much to the delight of vcrwrestling and other twitter mouthbreathers.

*Somehow get the feeling WWE (likely JBL) already did so. I'd have to sift through Kenzo Suzuki's run.

I wouldn't rule out Mike Tenay.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Cornette has spent the past 25 years wishing that it was still 1986, so of course he's happier than a pig in poo poo calling a wrestling show that's a deliberate throwback to the 6:05 era.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

WatermelonGun posted:

every time he says something like “i don’t give one cracklin cranberry” or whatever the gently caress I feel like i’m In a cartoon, and you think he’d know better considering he wants the business to be real or whatever

he should say the gently caress word

They are probably pitching this thing as hard as they can to anyone that will pay them for it, so I imagine they're playing things fairly safe in terms of content for the time being. No way is this sustainable as a business with an audience that small and Billy is no Tony Khan with gigantic sums of money to burn until the company turns a profit.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Xerzes posted:

I wouldn't rule out Mike Tenay.

Yeha Tenay seemed to make it a point to say "the orient' at least 5-6 times in any match involving an asian wrestler in WCW

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
This show was super fun. Between this and AEW I’ve got a good four hours of wrestling to keep on each week and that’s more than enough for me.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

FullMetalJackoff posted:

Didn't Jim Ross get uncomfortably close to that during the SCU vs Strong Hearts match at Double or Nothing?

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

This is now up to 355k views on Youtube. If that level keeps up they should be able to get some kind of TV deal I'd imagine.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
MAUREEN SCOOPS (I guess I'm on their email list now)

Maureen posted:

Hi everyone!

First and foremost we want to say thank you from the bottom of our hearts for making our first set of tapings an absolute success! This was a first in so many ways for the NWA and your loyalty and energy made it all worth it.

To thank you guys for sticking with us, through any bumps in the road, I would like to offer you first crack at tickets for our next set of tapings and our PPV. Our PPV will be held on 12/14 with the tapings to follow on 12/15 & 12/16. All three nights will be held at the GPB Studios in Atlanta, GA again.

We feel the GPB Studio really gives an intimate environment that makes our shows special for everyone in attendance.

Based on all of your feedback and social media engagement we think we will have complete sell-outs. With that being said we will be offering the following for tickets:

PPV VIP $150- which will include early entry and best choice of seats, a commemorative poster, a studio tour with Billy Corgan and David Lagana, a group photo on set with Billy Corgan, a 20 minute Q&A prior to the tapings and your ticket to the PPV event. This will be limited to 20 tickets only to allow the best experience for those involved.

Day 1 tapings VIP $100- which will include early entry and best choice of seats, a commemorative poster, and a photo on set with the NWA World Champion prior to the tapings. You will also have a choice of snapback hat or shirt. This will be your entrance ticket to the event as well. Again this will be limited to 20 tickets.

Day 2 tapings VIP $100- which will include early entry and best choice of seats, a commemorative pin and a photo on set with the NWA Tag Team, National and Women's Champions on set prior to the tapings. You will also have a choice of snapback hat or shirt. Also your ticket to the event is included in this package. This will also be limited to 20 tickets.

For our General Admission ticketing we will be offering single day tickets at $30/each or a multi day ticket that will get you into all 3 nights for $75. The multi day ticketing will also be limited to the first 50 orders.

Tickets will be available to the public this Friday. As a thank you to you guys, I will send out a ticket link on Thursday morning at 10am EST to allow you the chance to pick the best tickets for yourself and your friends.

I really hope to see everyone in December so we can do it all over again!

Thanks!
Maureen
Director of Operations
Lightning One/NWA

I'm most likely going to go to the 12/14 PPV, now to decide if I want to dip into the christmas fund to meet @billy

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Here we go!

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

forkboy84 posted:

Didn't Jim Ross get uncomfortably close to that during the SCU vs Strong Hearts match at Double or Nothing?

He's gotten uncomfortably close to that a lot of times.

Also oh god please not clips of Youtube wrestling assholes.

E: Ahaha you had to get in the clip of a dude in a loving mask saying Tim Storm was better than The Young Bucks.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

1 minute to go!!

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Hey Colt Cabana, how you doin'?

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

lol this 80s rear end intro...is great!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Pretty sure it was a secret, because no one heard about any thing he did.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Is this Damien Sandow?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

LividLiquid posted:

Is this Damien Sandow?

Yep, and it looks like he's doing the exact same gimmick too.

Absolute 5* jobber here.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Really digging the no theme music. I love theme music, but even the tiny indies are doing it, so doing anything different sets you apart.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Wow, that was the smallest loving thing, but it makes Trevor not look like a douchebag for losing.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

They need to introduce a TV title

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

BREAKING NEWS

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Davros1 posted:

Lagana talked about this on Observer Live, and it basically came down to "what is the point of a TV title in 2019?"

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

oh god, not Colt

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

his name is THE SHOCKMA--oh.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Davros1 posted:

They run 1 hour a week. Four championships is quite enough.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Oh god not Mr Kennedy.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

He looks like poo poo

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Colt, without a doubt, has the most punchable face in all of wrestling.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Hoo boy look at Anderson jiggle.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Anderson got tot hat level of skill that set him slightly above average and decided that was good enough and never got any better.

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from
PROMOTIONAL CONSIDERATION PAID FOR BY THE FOLLOWING

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Why does everything Colt does looks so rehearsed? It always takes me out of the match.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Eddie Kingston vs the cameraman's focus skill.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

That fake ad was a complete ripoff of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPkMUU9tUqk

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from
oh hell yeah Ashley Vox

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

LividLiquid posted:

That fake ad was a complete ripoff of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPkMUU9tUqk

I mean, it was Tony Falk, so it makes sense (For a brief period in the 80s in Memphis, he had the gimmick of "Boy Tony", a Boy George ripoff)

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Wait, this match was announced as TV time remaining but there's another match still on the show?

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

hoss lady looking competent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Gotta say this show isn't grabbing me like the first show since it's becoming obvious that most promos are some variation on "The NWA is back and we have REAL MEN".