Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

Zyla posted:

I just wanna complain about all the crap rares in eldraine. Just some real turds there
:yeah:
As a F2Player, I just opened my fourth Irencrag Feat of the month. Kill me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Love it love it love it that without full control Witch's Oven doesn't hold priority when Chandra's elemental 0 reso0lves

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Watch they'll ban the Hydroid Krasis.

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!
Mostly f2p and I've opened 4 hushbringers, wishclaw talisman, charming princes, ugh. At least I also opened 4 OUAT.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Zyla posted:

isnt that just begging for removal tho?

There's no removing those motherfucking Innkeepers they just come back with that B Adventure card that gravedigs them.

BioThermo posted:

:yeah:
As a F2Player, I just opened my fourth Irencrag Feat of the month. Kill me.

If it was 6 mana for 3 instead of 7 for 4 I would run the gently caress out of those just to drop turn 3 Chandra Infernos on people. There's like... 1 or 2 seven mana monored cards in all of standard right now.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

if you are f2p you are cursed with opening multiples of junk rares. my first playset was wishclaw talisman. i also opened zero risen reef in over 40 m20 boosters.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
Keep in mind that this is jank, and I'm having fun with it, it's just that there are a ton of cards in my library and I'm wondering if there isn't a more efficient / more effective card I can pull into maindeck or wish sideboard.

2 Lucky Clover (ELD) 226
4 Merfolk Secretkeeper (ELD) 53
15 Island (ANA) 62
4 Overwhelmed Apprentice (ELD) 60
3 Drowned Secrets (GRN) 39
4 Fae of Wishes (ELD) 44
4 Wall of Lost Thoughts (RNA) 59
2 Brazen Borrower (ELD) 39
2 Jace, Wielder of Mysteries (WAR) 54
4 Watery Grave (GRN) 259
2 Murderous Rider (ELD) 97
2 Thief of Sanity (GRN) 205
5 Swamp (ANA) 63
4 Drown in the Loch (ELD) 188
2 Bond of Insight (WAR) 43
1 Folio of Fancies (ELD) 46

2 Mass Manipulation (RNA) 42
2 Folio of Fancies (ELD) 46
2 Finale of Eternity (WAR) 91
2 Frogify (ELD) 47
1 Finale of Revelation (WAR) 51
3 Into the Story (ELD) 50
2 Unmoored Ego (GRN) 212
1 Ashiok, Dream Render (WAR) 228

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011

sephiRoth IRA posted:

I lost to loving robber of the rich! I had a guy milled to zero, he pulled my jace with his robber. 1/30 chance. Sometimes you just gotta lose!

God drat. Thanks for the chuckle.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Kanfy posted:

Seeing as I play as fast as I am able, same as you, it's completely different from that :iiaca:

I'll throw you a different one - It's the same as the old person in front of your grocery store line taking longer going through checkout than you. They're not being deliberately slow and they'd love to be fit and fiddle enough to get home as quickly as possible because they probably have other things to do too, but throwing them into a separate line - one for similarly old people, the disabled, and assholes who argue with the cashier and intentionally make everyone else wait - thus making their business take even longer merely so that you can be done faster is not in fact the appropriate solution to the problem.

It's not as completely different as that. There's a ton of reasons why people play slow or fast you're just instantly equating it to ones that are sympathetic. Of course no one wants to plow over an old lady in the grocery line. They do, nevertheless, want to get the gently caress out of there quick as possible and being stuck behind slow payers sucks donkey balls. That's also a grocery store scenario, this is an entertainment game. There is NOTHING entertaining about watching you tank for 45 seconds to figure out a scry then tank for another 45s because your PC can barely handle the game. Yeah it sucks that it's not equal but you're being a burden.

And of course this has nothing to do with intentional ropers. If you want to ponder for a minute for each move that's fine, you should be matched up against other deep thinkers. If you don't want to deal with longer games then it's the same problem as I have with you.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

sephiRoth IRA posted:

Keep in mind that this is jank, and I'm having fun with it, it's just that there are a ton of cards in my library and I'm wondering if there isn't a more efficient / more effective card I can pull into maindeck or wish sideboard.

2 Lucky Clover (ELD) 226
4 Merfolk Secretkeeper (ELD) 53
15 Island (ANA) 62
4 Overwhelmed Apprentice (ELD) 60
3 Drowned Secrets (GRN) 39
4 Fae of Wishes (ELD) 44
4 Wall of Lost Thoughts (RNA) 59
2 Brazen Borrower (ELD) 39
4 Watery Grave (GRN) 259
2 Murderous Rider (ELD) 97
2 Thief of Sanity (GRN) 205
5 Swamp (ANA) 63
4 Drown in the Loch (ELD) 188
2 Bond of Insight (WAR) 43
1 Folio of Fancies (ELD) 46

2 Mass Manipulation (RNA) 42
2 Folio of Fancies (ELD) 46
2 Finale of Eternity (WAR) 91
2 Frogify (ELD) 47
1 Finale of Revelation (WAR) 51
3 Into the Story (ELD) 50
2 Unmoored Ego (GRN) 212
1 Ashiok, Dream Render (WAR) 228

murderous rider with only 9 black sources is highly illegal

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

little munchkin posted:

murderous rider with only 9 black sources is highly illegal

I’m wondering if I should just bin the clover synergies. Fae and borrower are p. great but are they enough to main two clovers? I could toss the riders and put in more borrowers, maybe.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Nothing stopping you from running 4 fabled passage and maybe some of the BU life land

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

i have never seen nor played a successful self-mill jace win

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

Zyla posted:

FWIW I’m milling the other person. Jace serves to power the drowning, plus mill them and give me card draw. It’s costly though and I’m not 100% on it.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

sephiRoth IRA posted:

FWIW I’m milling the other person. Jace serves to power the drowning, plus mill them and give me card draw. It’s costly though and I’m not 100% on it.

i never understood how a self-miller safely grabs a jace with all that milling but i'm pretty dumb!!

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Zyla posted:

My opponent wished for Ashiok that would have killed me in two turns but then I wished for Jace and won instead

Just Golos mirror things

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Zyla posted:

i never understood how a self-miller safely grabs a jace with all that milling but i'm pretty dumb!!

Play Sultai so that you can Tamiyo / Planewide Celebration the Jace back

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Play Sultai so that you can Tamiyo / Planewide Celebration the Jace back

This. You mill all you want because you have machinery to bring back poo poo you need. Though I’ve never had much success with self-mill

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Self Mill definitely wants Tamiyos and Fog effects. Either that or you mill by making yourself draw comically large amounts of cards, usually with Guild Summit and Hydroid Krasis.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Zyla posted:

What if they dont touch field but merk the grazer
Deck still works. gently caress, you could merk Golos and the deck'd still work, I'd just put one or two of the Fields in my sideboard and use Fae of Wishes or something equally idiotic.

Zyla posted:

You got six days, apparently. I win drat near half my games by self-mill; people got answers for the zombies but while they're dealing with that they either don't notice I'm drawing my entire deck or think it's a drawback and they've got me on the ropes because I'm about to mill out. Then on my last turn I play Jace, zap two cards off my deck, then use Circuitous Route/Krasis/a fresh Guild Summit/whatever to draw the rest of my deck and they explode.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Zyla posted:

Kethis Combo in the last standard was a very effective deck that milled with Jace for the win

Takkaryx
Oct 17, 2007

Bunnies (very useful) Scientific Facts: Bunnies never close doors
I put a Jace in my 4-color elementals deck after I killed myself twice when far, far to many risen reef/yarok/omnath triggers happened all at once. It turned into a no-poo poo actual alt win condition for that deck a handful of times.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Based on my self-imposed regimen of doing exercises every time I lose in a sort of self-flagellation I'm going to do approximately 500 push-ups today

Untapped says my W/L is 52% but it certainly doesn't feel like it

Edit: 12 loving calamity triggers from RDW on turn 4 goddamn gently caress

Edit 2: OK I actually won that game maybe things are looking up

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Oct 15, 2019

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice
Drafted a mono U deck with 2 secret keeper, 2 lucky clover, 2 run away together and a ton of card draw

Milling for 8 a few times is pretty stupid

The 3 copies of the mono u land are seriously over performing in this specific deck too. When you’re recurring run away together, turn into a pumpkin, and that draw 3 / scry 3 that’s big value

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.
Currently 6-1 with this beauty. I think I like being heavier in blue than black in Dimir. The only card I don't like in it is the mermaid, but I was low on early creatures.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Zyla posted:

Dumb jank deck that I haven't updated since rotation:

4 Healer of the Glade (M20) 176
3 Leafkin Druid (M20) 178
2 Cloudkin Seer (M20) 54
1 Forest (DAR) 267
4 Risen Reef (M20) 217
10 Island (DAR) 254
2 Bond of Flourishing (WAR) 155
3 Repudiate // Replicate (RNA) 227
4 Mass Manipulation (RNA) 42
3 Breeding Pool (RNA) 246
4 Temple of Mystery (M20) 255
2 Quasiduplicate (GRN) 51
2 Connive // Concoct (GRN) 222
2 Hydroid Krasis (RNA) 183
2 Tamiyo, Collector of Tales (WAR) 220
8 Forest (DAR) 268
1 Disdainful Stroke (GRN) 37
1 Negate (M20) 69

Kind of like someone mentioned above. A billion Risen Reefs on the table eats a lot of cards away. Tamiyo digs for Reefs or whatever. Jace self-mills. Miling is only a back up win condition but it works.

edit:
I was playing a cook the cat deck earlier and this skit crossed my mind:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XTZPiy2opY

I miss my little kitty cat!

Oh, here he is!

OH GOD HE'S DEAD

Nevermind, here's my little kitty cat!

The Sean fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Oct 16, 2019

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
I only just noticed the "coughing up a
fireball" animation for the elemental kitty.

Also my mono-green BEARS deck is stupid fun when it goes off.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Based on my self-imposed regimen of doing exercises every time I lose in a sort of self-flagellation I'm going to do approximately 500 push-ups today

Untapped says my W/L is 52% but it certainly doesn't feel like it

Edit: 12 loving calamity triggers from RDW on turn 4 goddamn gently caress

Edit 2: OK I actually won that game maybe things are looking up

hahah edit 1 and 2 are cavalcade deck.txt

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

MTGA: Bot drafts are fine

also MTGA:

Stolen from reddit but yeesh

I really don't want to play this limited format

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

A Moose posted:

Self Mill definitely wants Tamiyos and Fog effects. Either that or you mill by making yourself draw comically large amounts of cards, usually with Guild Summit and Hydroid Krasis.

Turbofog is less viable now since between Teferi (who was already a threat to it) and Questing Beast, it's just too hard to get going. RIP most frustrating deck in the world.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Spiderdrake posted:

also MTGA:

I actually was wondering earlier today if they'd done a bot update already, since the number of Secretkeepers falling from heaven seemed to have declined drastically.

Still a ton of So Tinys though.

I went 0-3 in a couple of ranked drafts because lmao bo1 variance, so I got salty and just ground out the rest of my daily games in unranked constructed.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

CapnAndy posted:

When does Field of the Dead get banned? Four days?

I've been running apeshit over Ranked with Goloscopy and there are tweaks I want to make, but I'm pretty sure there's no point.

I just hit mythic and here's where I ended up at:
there's two plains missing from the pic for some reason

I followed some advice from arena decklists where they suggested leaning hard on teferi because it's good against aggro and countermagic, which are the two most problematic things for you. also cutting tapped duals for off-color shocklands just to make sure they can cast your spells in the early game.

the way I found to get an edge in the mirror was to just not play any "hate" cards. opponents would have unmoored ego or ashiok or get a bunch of stuff with fae of witches, and I would just run them over anyways. unmoored ego is terrible and i have yet to lose to someone who has cast it. I never felt like kenrith was something the deck needed but maybe im underestimating it in non-mirror matchups

sky tether is my secret tech for everything else. one mana to answer a questing beast or skargan hellkite is super strong

little munchkin fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Oct 16, 2019

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

TheMaestroso posted:

Currently 6-1 with this beauty. I think I like being heavier in blue than black in Dimir. The only card I don't like in it is the mermaid, but I was low on early creatures.

show us the sideboard you coward!
also i've found myself aggressively unimpressed with Festive Funeral
Lochmere Serpent is like the world's best Chupacabra, it's so ridiculous. i got it in two trad drafts and went 5-1/4-2 with it

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

little munchkin posted:

I just hit mythic and here's where I ended up at:
there's two plains missing from the pic for some reason

I followed some advice from arena decklists where they suggested leaning hard on teferi because it's good against aggro and countermagic, which are the two most problematic things for you. also cutting tapped duals for off-color shocklands just to make sure they can cast your spells in the early game.

the way I found to get an edge in the mirror was to just not play any "hate" cards. opponents would have unmoored ego or ashiok or get a bunch of stuff with fae of witches, and I would just run them over anyways. unmoored ego is terrible and i have yet to lose to someone who has cast it. I never felt like kenrith was something the deck needed but maybe im underestimating it in non-mirror matchups

sky tether is my secret tech for everything else. one mana to answer a questing beast or skargan hellkite is super strong

Four basics when you run 3x passage, 2x beanstalk, and 4 routes seems like you're setting yourself up for a bad time.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

Spiderdrake posted:

also MTGA:

I managed to beat one of these decks (a mono-U version) earlier with a UB deck. They were even bouncing their secretkeepers and replaying them, lol. Helped that I had multiple counterspells and some real pressure in the air.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Drewjitsu posted:

Four basics when you run 3x passage, 2x beanstalk, and 4 routes seems like you're setting yourself up for a bad time.

there's two plains that showed up blank on the decklist generator for some reason

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

little munchkin posted:

there's two plains that showed up blank on the decklist generator for some reason

It still seems a little light with 6 basics. I'd probably run 7 or 8 with swamp and mountain being the last two, just to prevent doubling issues. You can run into some fotd activation problems if you draw basics in your starting 7.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

TheMaestroso posted:

I managed to beat one of these decks (a mono-U version) earlier with a UB deck. They were even bouncing their secretkeepers and replaying them, lol. Helped that I had multiple counterspells and some real pressure in the air.

had a Uw vs U matchup where i played a Gingerbrute* turn 1 and then we didn't cast anything for 4 more turns, then we started shoving a combined 7 Secretkeepers and Didn't Say Pleases at each other before they conceded at 13 life and 15 cards remaining in their deck, it fuckin ruled

*ordinarily i wouldn't recommend this but i was monou splashing for Dance of the Manse, i showed my friend this decklist and he called it a
war crime so i know i was doing it right

i moved Secretkeeper #2 to the main over a Jousting Dummy after a couple games, went 7-1 in gold rank. no idea if Dance was correct over playing 2x Reave Soul, 2x Revenge of Ravens but i wanted to meme a little and there's no finer feeling that Dancing for 6 for Egg, Egg, Cauldron, Gingerbrute, then drawing Mystic Sanctuary off eggs and putting Dance back on top.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

whatever algorithm is generating this screenshot should be stabbed for putting those three sloths in orbit instead of bunched together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Aw come on I was about to do the drat thing.

Decklist - MTGO Standard PTQ Temur Reclamation - Finespoo

2 Quench (RNA) 48
2 Aether Gust (M20) 42
3 Shock (M20) 160
3 Mystical Dispute (ELD) 58
3 Flame Sweep (M20) 139
4 Breeding Pool (RNA) 246
4 Steam Vents (GRN) 257
4 Stomping Ground (RNA) 259
1 Ral's Outburst (WAR) 212
1 Sinister Sabotage (GRN) 54
1 Island (ELD) 254