Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

That belt really needs to be bigger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I loving love that they're rehabbing still real to me guy.

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from

njsykora posted:

Gotta say this show isn't grabbing me like the first show since it's becoming obvious that most promos are some variation on "The NWA is back and we have REAL MEN".

It won’t be AEW that kills WWE, it’ll be the NWA when they take the boomer base away from Vince

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

njsykora posted:

Gotta say this show isn't grabbing me like the first show since it's becoming obvious that most promos are some variation on "The NWA is back and we have REAL MEN".
Agreed. Still good, but this was clearly taped immediately after before people could absorb the fact that the poo poo they're saying has been said.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Dude. Don't call the belt a prop.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

LividLiquid posted:

Agreed. Still good, but this was clearly taped immediately after before people could absorb the fact that the poo poo they're saying has been said.

I mean they recorded I think 8 episodes in this taping session, so we might have 6 more weeks of these promos.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

he is male and of the age of majority

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Eli Drake sounds like the Rock and its kind of freaking me out

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

i would not mind them playing this every week

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Heh, that VO ring announcement

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

kingston has a big rear end, which will be an advantage

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Cornette is really on this whole "Kingston has a big rear end" thing.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

that was getting fun until the gently caress finish

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

OK so the tag champs are less important than this feud.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

A finer promo than most of the WWE female main roster

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Not as good as week one, but it isn't brand new anymore, so that's hard to do. Still a fun show. Not sure who Magnus is feuding with, but I definitely want somebody to beat him for the title, so he's doing his job.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

They should probably just let Nick Aldis and Eddie Kingston cut promos on every show, because they have been the highlights of these first two episodes.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

aldis is p. good on the mic, not sure what they are going for with camille being a mute. tune in next week to discover tim storm's ultimate fate~!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

LividLiquid posted:

Not as good as week one, but it isn't brand new anymore, so that's hard to do. Still a fun show. Not sure who Magnus is feuding with, but I definitely want somebody to beat him for the title, so he's doing his job.

I don't think they have anyone credible to challenge him right now

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I think with this one the show's gone from watch end to end every week to just check out if I hear there was something really good on the show.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

At its height, ep 2 did 12,000, which was the same as ep 1

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Davros1 posted:

At its height, ep 2 did 12,000, which was the same as ep 1
Not dropping off is extremely good news. Let's see if it does the same half-million or so after the fact that 1 did.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

NuclearPotato posted:

They should probably just let Nick Aldis and Eddie Kingston cut promos on every show, because they have been the highlights of these first two episodes.

Eddie Kingston is fantastic.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ep 1 just got to 425k views today

Ep 2 already at 47k

Good start so far, people are taking to and liking Powerrr more than I expected/hoped :unsmith:

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!

Roman Reigns posted:

That's basically all he's ever done promo-wise; try and sound like The Rock.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

What's the name of Alison Kaye's finisher, and how does Ashley Vox not die after taking it?

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

So far I actually like this episode better than the first one. The novelty element isn't as strong anymore, but it's just... a decent, short little wrestling show without cuck angles or worthless draft robots.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Bit of a step down after last week and Mr. Anderson is not at all what I'd call an exciting addition, but there was still fun stuff in there. I particularly liked the interview segment, and I love the interviewer guy constantly talking up his journalistic credentials.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Trevor Murdoch really does look like a baked potato on legs.

Gimme Kingston and Murdoch stiffing the poo poo out of each other NWA, otherwise what are we even doing?

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

Roman Reigns posted:

smikey posted:

That's basically all he's ever done promo-wise; try and sound like The Rock.

I kinda hear a little of Steve Austin in his delivery and voice.

I get them taking fun shots at aew since that's probably their closest competitor but what's with them showing tweets of wwe guys? shouldn't wwe also be competition?

ep was pretty decent. not amazing but still enjoy the novelty and love the vibe. didn't like the main event finish. agreed on how some of the promos are sounding samey with the "real men" stuff and devaluing the national title isn't great. speaking of titles, I think most of them are ugly except for the worlds title which looks awesome. aldis seems like a good champ. good promo guy.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Just finished the episode.
Not as good as ep1 but I'd take it over Raw or Smackdown any day.

Colt Cabana loving sucks.
The ending interview was really weird as well.

Now on to AEW Dark :discourse:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

J-Ro posted:

Gimme Kingston and Murdoch stiffing the poo poo out of each other NWA, otherwise what are we even doing?
:hai:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

DuhSal posted:

I get them taking fun shots at aew since that's probably their closest competitor but what's with them showing tweets of wwe guys? shouldn't wwe also be competition?

Cornette needs to get his digs in at the Young Bucks.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jerusalem posted:

Bit of a step down after last week and Mr. Anderson is not at all what I'd call an exciting addition, but there was still fun stuff in there. I particularly liked the interview segment, and I love the interviewer guy constantly talking up his journalistic credentials.

In the last 15 years there have been few men more likely to turn the channel than seeing Ken Anderson/Kennedy. I just never got it.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I like Colt :(

Could very much do without Kennedy and Sandow (or whatever his name is), but any time you can get Ashley Vox, Ricky Starks, and Eddie Kingston on the same show is a big win for me.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 34 days!
I enjoyed this week's show. Of course it wasn't as good as last week's, but then I wasn't expecting much when I saw last week's show, and was very pleasantly surprised. I was still entertained by this week's offering, though.

E: just gonna leave this here

Sydney Bottocks fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Oct 16, 2019

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Watching the second episode this morning. Rick Starks is a talent, goddamn.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

every week they should tack an extra R onto POWERRR

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

NWA Powerrr is like a nature preserve for OVW failsons. And its awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

It's mad dads and TNA washouts all the way down. Perfect.