Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 245 days!

Judakel posted:

Beating off in front of people is pretty hosed up. Complaining about his demands is dumb.

It's hard to not read this as saying you consider these two things equally bad.

And it's crystal clear which of them you care about.

Hodgepodge fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Oct 8, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Snowman_McK posted:

so he didn't lose anything. It's not practically guaranteed if it' predicated on people being willing to watch him.

No, that's a loss. You don't have to care, but there's no need to spin it.

Hodgepodge posted:

It's hard to not read this as saying you consider these two things equally bad.

And it's crystal clear which of them you care about.

Why don't you just come out and say you WANT to read it that way, because you want to fruitlessly complain.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Shut the gently caress up you insane weirdo

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Standup comedy isn't the same as a regular job, in that you don't have one boss who determines whether you continue to be employed or not. It's a collective judgement that the public makes about your comedy, and if it's funny and/or entertaining, they will pay money to see it. If it's not funny and/or it is offensive, people will collectively decide to not continue to patronize your comedy shows. Therefore the owner of the club will no longer want to book you.

That's the game. That's always been the game. So this idea that something unfair has been done to Louis C.K. or Kevin Hart or whoever is just asinine and has no relevance to how the value of a comedians work is determined. Public opinion about a given public figure isn't always evenhanded, that's just the way people are and when you go into show business you either accept that or you seek another career.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Step 1. Roughly add up the total time Judakel has spent probated purely for being a pissbaby
Step 2. Reexamine your decision to engage

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Hey, remember Matt Lauer?

Former NBC staffer accuses Matt Lauer of rape in Ronan Farrow's new book

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/mooncult/status/1182217296699252736?s=21

Dan Schneider, a major Nickelodeon producer and executive, has been accused of pedophilia for years. I can personally remember when the first rumors about him and Amanda Bynes began circulating, and again when Jamie Lynn Spears of Zoey 101 got pregnant at 16.

https://twitter.com/mooncult/status/1182427915901779968?s=21

One thing I hadn’t heard before was that he held a summer camp with another producer who was convicted of raping a minor

https://twitter.com/mooncult/status/1182436327494578176?s=21

This twitter personality is making it their goal to put Dan Schneider on blast before he successfully scrubs himself clean. Schneider has deleted 10,000 tweets in the last two days since they started.

This one is personal for me because I grew up watching Schneider’s stuff all day, I’m sure a lot of millennials did. He sucks and deserves to go to hell forever and I’m sure most of Nickelodeon is horrifically tainted in this way.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
The Schneider thing seems to pop up every once in a while, I heard about this ages ago. It’s even a minor meme, people calling him Dan “hold her tighter she’s a fighter” Schneider.

Maybe if he’s purging his Twitter it means something might stick though.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
If nothing else the mass deleting makes it pretty clear that he's got something to hide.

I hadn't seen the Bynes tweets before. I've seen several people, even goons, say that there's nothing wrong with asking for kids' feet pictures or having a weird focus on feet on his shows, and that we're the ones who are being sick by assuming its something twisted.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1vxs1Xrxsg

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The Schneider campaign is gaining traction

https://twitter.com/anopensecret/status/1182463381233655808?s=21

An Open Secret is like the most prominent anti-Hollywood Pedophilia material that exists and absolutely terrifies the establishment. If it HAD been about Schneider he’d have been crucified.

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Oct 13, 2019

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
since R Kelly didn't get sent up until the documentary maybe they can still get schneider

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

Bust Rodd posted:

The Schneider campaign is gaining traction

https://twitter.com/anopensecret/status/1182463381233655808?s=21

An Open Secret is like the most prominent anti-Hollywood Pedophilia material that exists and absolutely terrifies the establishment. If it HAD been about Schneider he’d have been crucified.

I have mixed feeling about this account. On one hand, it’s great that they’re bringing attention to loving creeps like Dan Schneider, but on the other, I remember last year they were going all in on accusing James Gunn and Lloyd Kaufman of being pedos based on nothing but NAMBLA jokes (neither have any allegations against them) and were retweeting Pizzagate nut Mike Cernovich and poo poo.

But I don’t know, others in this thread are probably more familiar with/know more about how reliable that account is than I do.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The key difference is how many of Schneider’s victims personally call him out by name. Amanda Bynes was one of Nickelodeon‘s single biggest breakout stars.

The second biggest difference is that James Gunn didn’t delete 12,000 tweets of children’s feet and pictures of himself snuggling pre-teens.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1183724219852566529?s=21

Ronan Farrow’s new book implicates more NBC officials in sexual misconduct, they put out a long-rear end email trying to get ahead of it to staff.

If you read this you will get slime on your eyes

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
How do I get slime on my eyes from a deleted tweet

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Steve Yun posted:

How do I get slime on my eyes from a deleted tweet

Schneider has truly managed to push new boundaries in creative creepery.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
So glad they killed Scarlett Johansson off to keep him around.

https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/1183739370529943554?s=19

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Schneider was pretty much an open pedophile, is the thing.

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

Bust Rodd posted:

The key difference is how many of Schneider’s victims personally call him out by name. Amanda Bynes was one of Nickelodeon‘s single biggest breakout stars.

Oh, I know Schneider is a pedophile. I’m just more than a bit leery of @AnOpenSecret as a source because they have a bunch of tweets praising Jack Posobiec and Mike Cernovich and defending their honor against lefty journalists calling them white supremacists.

Didn’t Schneider get quietly fired from his Disney job a year or so ago or did I completely imagine that?

Sucrose fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Oct 14, 2019

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Skwirl posted:

which song off the Jeremy Renner app was he rhapsodizing

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Sucrose posted:

I have mixed feeling about this account. On one hand, it’s great that they’re bringing attention to loving creeps like Dan Schneider, but on the other, I remember last year they were going all in on accusing James Gunn and Lloyd Kaufman of being pedos based on nothing but NAMBLA jokes (neither have any allegations against them) and were retweeting Pizzagate nut Mike Cernovich and poo poo.

But I don’t know, others in this thread are probably more familiar with/know more about how reliable that account is than I do.

That account is also transphobic and quotes the daily wire. gently caress ‘em

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Skwirl posted:

Ugh, there's already some dumb chuds going with their "I wON't JUdgE UnTil hE is ProvEN GuILty iN a CoURT" Oh, gee, I wonder why she divorced him (On top of a lot of witness of the abuse and the very abusive texts).

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

jeremy renner turns out to be rear end in a top hat

color me shocked

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Skwirl posted:

I mean, she's better than Renner, but Scarjo is still a racist narcissistic weirdo.

Ideally they both woulda been killed off from the franchise. Chris Pratt too.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ugh, the more I read the worse it gets. TMZ doesn't even have everything. There's poo poo going back 20 years. I feel sick for having defended him.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
https://twitter.com/Nicole_Cliffe/status/1184535263692906496

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
sad to hear that about Juff

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

colour me unsurprised, his schtick for the last decade has been to get really handsy with fans As A Funny Joke.

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002

well why not posted:

colour me unsurprised, his schtick for the last decade has been to get really handsy with fans As A Funny Joke.

Are we talking being too handsy, or flat out rape/assault here? IDGAF about Jeff Goldblum to defend any antics, but there is a wide spectrum when it comes to this behavior. Having a much younger wife also doesn't mean poo poo.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
Simultaneously disappointed, and totally not surprised.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

https://knowyourmeme.com/photos/1436117-jeff-goldblum

that’s flumes’ gf in the photo, the same one whomst got their rear end ate on stage at burning man

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
That's a photo the women asked him to pose for so you can't read anything into that.

The only stuff I've heard about Goldblum being 'handsy' has been that he's incredibly tactile with everyone around him, regardless of gender or setting which you can be without being a creep. Not to say he can't be a groper in addition to that.

Lovely Joe Stalin fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Oct 17, 2019

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I mean looking at the relationships he has had can paint a picture about him. I feel he has definitely used the whole quirky personality as a mask to be a creep

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Jeff Goldblum 100% Looks Like the dude who gives you unsolicited shoulder rubs

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

That's a photo the women asked him to pose for so you can't read anything into that.

The only stuff I've heard about Goldblum being 'handsy' has been that he's incredibly tactile with everyone around him, regardless of gender or setting which you can be without being a creep. Not to say he can't be a groper in addition to that.

...I think it's super easy to read into "hey famous person, come take this picture with me where you're horny choking me in public" and for them to think it's a good idea.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Blast Fantasto posted:

Jeff Goldblum 100% Looks Like the dude who gives you unsolicited shoulder rubs
Having seen him in concert hanging out with the crowd before the show (it was his Hometown so lots of family and old friends/teachers) he is very handsey; unfortunately he's got as big as psychotic fanbase as like Vic so I imagine a lot of people are going to get attacked for going after him.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Gonna be worse than Vic

Jeff could 100% form a cult with female acolytes willing to stab for you ala Manson

Vic just has his anime club roll call

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Whoops!