Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Geez how long does it take to reskin league characters onto rising thunder?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
A game that looks like Street Fighter V and also has League of Legends characters, they could put Geese AND Terry in it and I still don't think I'd be interested.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

teagone posted:

If it's free, I'll try it. Here it timestamped in better quality:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRf9tnWk2sg&t=198s
But will they update the fighting game characters when they inevitably rework the characters in the base game?

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Neo Rasa posted:

A game that looks like Street Fighter V and also has League of Legends characters, they could put Geese AND Terry in it and I still don't think I'd be interested.

It looks nothing like SFV except for maybe the ui?

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Neo Rasa posted:

We saw like half a second of gameplay my dude.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
The best case scenario for the LoL fighting game is we gets heaps more content like this

https://youtu.be/w0WetHkYVtw

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The movement of the animation reminds me of rising thunder otherwise it doesn't look like much of anything to me

And it's the devs of rising thunder iirc so yeah not surprised it looks like it moves similarly

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

You when you read my posts:
I wonder if fighting games will become like prestige movies for big film studios, some small division that they label as "indie" to put out Oscar bait. "This is what the real hardcore play, it's not for everyone but that's part of why it's great!" Every big dumb game studio run by abusive, racist, sexist, LGBTQIA-phobic scumbags will throw together a small studio of devs that worked on a game with a good Metacritic rating, except they have no idea what makes a good fighting game good (and the fact that even then it's usually a result of either lightning in a bottle, 3+ revisions, or being Tekken which really doesn't change too much between games anyways) and introduce some really poorly thought out "accessibility" mechanics, alongside mountains of microtransactions that make ASW's $8 a character shenanigans or Netherrealm's "preorder to actually get all the characters on the disc" look quaint. The game will bomb, and they decide it's just easier to pick up a studio making a game that shows promise and murdering the poo poo out the studio after.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Idk man.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

For that to happen people would have to actually buy fighting games to play them competitively.

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

inthesto posted:

The best case scenario for the LoL fighting game is we gets heaps more content like this

https://youtu.be/w0WetHkYVtw

who needs finger puzzules when you have ten years of tactician practice from leagues of legends

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Oscar bait works because people care about Oscars and it's pretty clear what the oscar voters like. Nobody, relatively speaking, gives a poo poo about fighting games, and the committee as such just wants ST and mvc2 over and over again.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Oct 16, 2019

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

chumbler posted:

Oscar bait works because people care about Oscar's and it's pretty clear what the oscar voters like. Nobody, relatively speaking, gives a poo poo about fighting games, and the committee as such just wants ST and mvc2 over and over again.

I guess that's true. Dumb take, sorry.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

chumbler posted:

and the committee as such just wants ST and mvc2 over and over again.

I want GGXX#R over and over agan, Xrd simply ain't it

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

HerniaFlange posted:

I wonder if fighting games will become like prestige movies for big film studios, some small division that they label as "indie" to put out Oscar bait. "This is what the real hardcore play, it's not for everyone but that's part of why it's great!" Every big dumb game studio run by abusive, racist, sexist, LGBTQIA-phobic scumbags will throw together a small studio of devs that worked on a game with a good Metacritic rating, except they have no idea what makes a good fighting game good (and the fact that even then it's usually a result of either lightning in a bottle, 3+ revisions, or being Tekken which really doesn't change too much between games anyways) and introduce some really poorly thought out "accessibility" mechanics, alongside mountains of microtransactions that make ASW's $8 a character shenanigans or Netherrealm's "preorder to actually get all the characters on the disc" look quaint. The game will bomb, and they decide it's just easier to pick up a studio making a game that shows promise and murdering the poo poo out the studio after.
what

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

chumbler posted:

and the committee as such just wants ST and mvc2 over and over again.

I was a bit lost at first, but this is starting to sound good

Veib posted:

I want GGXX#R over and over agan, Xrd simply ain't it

This would be allowed too

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I guess since Itagaki left DoA there's been a real hole in the "fighting game made in an environment of omnipresent overwhelming sexism" market

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Blockhouse posted:

I guess since Itagaki left DoA there's been a real hole in the "fighting game made in an environment of omnipresent overwhelming sexism" market

Dog have you looked at SF5 or SC6 at all

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Blockhouse posted:

I thought NRS had that title pretty well covered already.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Blockhouse posted:

i dont remember hearing about itagaki sexually harassing anyone

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Endorph posted:

It was a while ago but he did

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Endorph posted:

It was like fifteen years ago so I guess it was a pretty deep cut

https://www.ign.com/articles/2006/11/07/itagaki-accused-of-sexual-harassment

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

mango sentinel posted:

It was a while ago but he did

Blockhouse posted:

It was like fifteen years ago so I guess it was a pretty deep cut

https://www.ign.com/articles/2006/11/07/itagaki-accused-of-sexual-harassment
yeah that wasnt an own i legitimately didnt hear about it, so fair on that one

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

I used too many words to say I'm dumb. I don't know. I got it in my head that the LoL fighter would spark "we gotta have one of those!" reactions from other pubs that run super-popular cash vacuums of games for prestige reasons, but Chumbler pointed out that was pretty unlikely. If they do anything it'd probably be trying to get a character in Smash.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

nboody in the west cares about fighting games and japanese publishers are more likely to want a fighting game just because they like fighting games than for prestige reasons, yea

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

HerniaFlange posted:

I used too many words to say I'm dumb. I don't know. I got it in my head that the LoL fighter would spark "we gotta have one of those!" reactions from other pubs that run super-popular cash vacuums of games for prestige reasons, but Chumbler pointed out that was pretty unlikely. If they do anything it'd probably be trying to get a character in Smash.

Well, if that happened it would be pretty funny, so I hope it does.

Game companies seem to chase the easy money rather than anything prestigious. Way back when every arcade game publisher was making a rip off of either Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat since that's what was hot.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

HerniaFlange posted:

Fighting games can sell incredibly well, just look at Mortal Kombat 11 and Smash this year, but not for prestige reasons. Riot probably knows this and is going for the same group of people who play LoL with bots 100% of the time.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
https://twitter.com/mrmctwig/status/1184265461615214597?s=19

Missed opportunity that he didn't entomb the wasp in the 'bee' button

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

It's in A for "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

thats gruesome but dope

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

dhamster posted:

Feels like this would be better served with an arcade stick so you could put wasps in more buttons. Still cool.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

dhamster posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Spared no EX.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

That's some quality mindgames if your opponent is allergic to bees.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Do you need to account for the weight of the button being different from the old plastic cap or does it not have an effect?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
So how about just filling your stick with wasps and having a WASP RELEASE switch?

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

This is starting a whole new controller arms race parallel to the hitbox issue.

-One that shoots out that instantly hardening foam they use for rioters to coat the opponent's stick.
-One that shoots oil out so their stick keeps slipping around.
-Aimable laser pointer to shine in their eyes.

Basically Daigo was a lot more forward-thinking with that divider he would strap on his stick than he was expecting.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Gutcruncher posted:

So how about just filling your stick with wasps and having a WASP RELEASE switch?

You don't even need the mechanism just have a big obviously labelled button

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Do you need to account for the weight of the button being different from the old plastic cap or does it not have an effect?

The original button is just a solid piece of plastic resting on a spring, the weight of a yellow jacket makes no actual difference compared to the plastic it displaces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Reiley posted:

The original button is just a solid piece of plastic resting on a spring, the weight of a yellow jacket makes no actual difference compared to the plastic it displaces.

Right, i fig'd the resin the bug is in might weigh more than the old button but i guess not