Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
Natalie isn't dumb, she knows what she is doing, her dog whistling to rehabilitated chuds and abandonment of swathes of the transcommunity that do not follow her views aren't some mere mistake or snafu, describing herself as an old school transsexual is a clear pushback against the current transcommunity. She has a massive platform and is a liability to the transcommunity now because she is dismissive of parts of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Are they seriously pulling a "Truscum is a slur"?

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Ash Crimson posted:

Natalie isn't dumb, she knows what she is doing,

I would argue that Natalie is in fact dumb as poo poo and your hyper-paranoid insistence that she's a secret chud agent is doing nobody favors.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

I would argue that Natalie is in fact dumb as poo poo and your hyper-paranoid insistence that she's a secret chud agent is doing nobody favors.

She just likes to echo the same invalidating poo poo as them.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
In other news Octav1us has pulled all her videos due to a very zealous IP holder

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

loving horace.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

There is so, so much to say on this.

Probably not now.

But needless to say, Free Horace. From the most disgraceful, arbitrary and bullying case of copyright striking I have seen.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

New AVGN, covering the Immortal on the NES. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvGxHuEUXgs

:stare: Holy poo poo James. The writing here and the fact that its a 12 minuet tracking shot

BigRed0427 fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Oct 17, 2019

Prof. Spaceman
May 1, 2007

NOPE

Edit: You know what? gently caress it. Just gently caress everything, I don't even know.

Prof. Spaceman fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Oct 17, 2019

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

People saying she hosed up and caused harm isn't the grand crime you seem to think it is.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Yeah there's only one person claiming Natalie's in some grand conspiracy and that's being treated as the nonsense it likely is.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

you're viewing it through the lens of "she hosed up a bunch", which is valid. another lens, that i believe many in the thread are using, is that these aren't multiple separate gently caress ups on the same issue over a extended period of time, but internally consistent actions arising out of an actual belief she holds that specifically excludes and reduces others.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

She's hosed up and keeps loving up and her loving up is now making her community a real comfy place for fuckers whose deal she's playing right into.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

No.1 Special posted:

Stop Skeletons From Fighting presents YouTube: A Horror Story

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s7CqTSJiZM

I've yet to watch that video in full, but he mentions a video by Nerd City on YouTube demonetization. I haven't watched that one either, but I heard about it a week or two ago, and thought to post it in the thread. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ll8zGaWhofU

It's bizarre the number of benign words and phrases that can get your video demonetized. Highlights include 'funeral', 'South Carolina', 'Shrek', 'sadly' ,'HowToBasic', 'Bluray', 'decay', and 'disposition'

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Ghostlight posted:

you're viewing it through the lens of "she hosed up a bunch", which is valid. another lens, that i believe many in the thread are using, is that these aren't multiple separate gently caress ups on the same issue over a extended period of time, but internally consistent actions arising out of an actual belief she holds that specifically excludes and reduces others.

All the same, it pretty clearly comes from a lack of thoughtfulness in the moment or willingness to examine what’s driving her to respond poorly rather than some kind of carefully executed master plan. It seems like the kind of thing therapy might help to address, especially since she’s spent years in a sort of highly visible fishbowl being pressed on by strong praise and powerful contempt from the left and the right. My mind would be pudding after a few months of that.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Yeah, I think it's a fair take to say that Natalie's brain has probably been thoroughly broken by two years of constant oscillation between getting love-bombed and burned in effigy.

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Clearly this oscillation is the fault of society.

Just burn all of your faves to be safe.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

somekindofguy posted:

Clearly this oscillation is the fault of society.

Just burn all of your faves to be safe.

It’s the inevitable result of the structure of twitter and social media generally, yes.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Yeah, I think it's a fair take to say that Natalie's brain has probably been thoroughly broken by two years of constant oscillation between getting love-bombed and burned in effigy.

note the number of weird nervous tics that pepper her dialogue in the videos now. She is 100% not okay, but at this point she's too insulated to ever get the kind of help she probably needs. hurt people hurt people, and I think she's doing less well than she cares to admit.

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
For real though, speculating on the mental health of someone is a little creepy, don't you think? How do any of us know what's going on for Natalie right now?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

EDIT: Wrong thread.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Yeah, I just want to remark on the bad nature of the circumstance and not speculate about the actual state of her health.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

somekindofguy posted:

For real though, speculating on the mental health of someone is a little creepy, don't you think? How do any of us know what's going on for Natalie right now?

I personally think that someone being very unwell in tool 2019 is far more likely than them being some sort of cryptofash double agent who has cunningly disguised their COINTELPRO schemes as a series of social gently caress-ups, especially since "fame makes you go crazy" is a very well documented effect

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

somekindofguy posted:

its no weirder than the rest of what goes on in this thread

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
I don't watch Contra much, nor like what I have seen, but her content is not primarily "trans" content right? It is breadtube stuff, she just happens to be trans? It seems sort of weird that because of her gender situation all of her actions now apparently reflect on and inform the trans community / movement. Even her personal associations constitute harm?

Eh, maybe so, but the way people are putting a ton of pressure on already marginalized voices seems disproptional and counterproductive. Contra hardly strikes me as a chud, even if I personally think her chud outreach is pretty misguided. Feels weird seeing people basically saying she needs to meet their personal trans ideal if she's to have a public voice tho.

I mean, fair game if her content now is her getting into it and actively trying to set some trans "agenda", but if people are just hounding her she should take a page out of the Chapos book and respond like they do.

thotsky fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Oct 17, 2019

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

it is heavily centred around gender and sexual identity.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Yeah, contrapoints started as a "hoist them by their own logic" anti-chud platform, shifted into more direct mockery of the right, and then shifted more into gender stuff plus philosophy, as Natalie began transitioning around the same time her channel blew up.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

BigRed0427 posted:

New AVGN, covering the Immortal on the NES. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvGxHuEUXgs

:stare: Holy poo poo James. The writing here and the fact that its a 12 minuet tracking shot

Whoa, that's really good :stare:

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Grapplejack posted:

Jim Sterling stole the hat from the warden from superjail and I'm not sure why

Also w/r/t breadtube collapsing I'm still surprised hbombs old vlogs haven't resurfaced, considering

Hbomb not getting hung out to dry for his part in Metokur is one of the big left-tube anomalies.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Archer666 posted:

Hbomb not getting hung out to dry for his part in Metokur is one of the big left-tube anomalies.

Mind expanding on that?

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Mind expanding on that?

Here's his ask.fm on that

https://ask.fm/Hbomberguy/answers/116997751595

Aside from Jim mentioning on a stream that he doesn't really remember how big a role Hbomb played and a Metokur victim saying that Hbomb played a bigger part than he's saying, I haven't really looked deeper into it.

Paladin
Nov 26, 2004
You lost today, kid. But that doesn't mean you have to like it.

I hope Octav1us is able to sort everything out with the intros and get her vids back up online. I found her thanks to the thread (Thanks, Kim!) and never would have even know what a Horace was if not for her videos.

Bad Wolf
Apr 7, 2007
Without evil there could be no good, so it must be good to be evil sometime !
Well, that blows. This Horace rear end in a top hat is about to get Streisanded to hell though.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

It's amazing that its over a mascot lower on the ranks than like, Awesome Possum or Mr. Nuts. Like, Horace's only claim is "What? A mascot franchise? On my microcomputer?".

Altho an amazing trip I've had was to watch Kim's vid on Manic Miner, then her top 100 zx titles vid, only to get a twitch notification for a Manic Miner race that was around two hours of them shittalking it. Yes, Manic Miner was a gem... on microcomputers.

Oh boy, Jeremy Parish is going to tackle Deadly Towers next NES works. For some reason that game has gotten a "Actually, people hate this game because of Seanbaby" reputation and ... no. That game is genuinely awful.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Spatula City posted:

note the number of weird nervous tics that pepper her dialogue in the videos now. She is 100% not okay, but at this point she's too insulated to ever get the kind of help she probably needs. hurt people hurt people, and I think she's doing less well than she cares to admit.

This is a very weird and creepy post

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

watho posted:

Welcome to the Internet Personality thread

watho
Aug 2, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAbh28j11RQ

this is apparently relevant again

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

Kunster posted:

It's amazing that its over a mascot lower on the ranks than like, Awesome Possum or Mr. Nuts. Like, Horace's only claim is "What? A mascot franchise? On my microcomputer?".

One thing I've learnt about youtube is that aside from a few exceptions its the owners of Ips that bring in peanuts or aren't commercially active that are the most vindictive.

Owners of big profitible clips and characters tend to just content id to siphon off ad revenue.

The owner of an obscure character or movie that isnt even available to purchase any more though? Well they'll go out of there way to tank a channel that barely uses its image

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

watho posted:

But she might have a disease or some poo poo, like sars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Ash Crimson posted:

But she might have a disease or some poo poo, like sars

Contrapoints has been infected by the T-virus!